GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.1 [July 7, 2018]

Unread postby Anubis » 02 Oct 2018, 04:24

Couple more bugs:

Glory Shield (Relic): Says it buffs your Spirit Magic skill, but doesn't.
Kelebrim (Relic): Says it takes away 50 earth resistance, but doesn't.

Also, when fighting Xenofex in Colony Zod, if your character damages him, text says you're damaging a "Devil Captain".

In the Strange Temple, there's "Lord Roberts" and "Jon Van Caneghem" enemies, but when damaging them, text says you're damaging "Blaster Guy C".

Also, does Axe Grandmaster even work? I remember a discussion about that but does it even do anything? Halving an enemy's armor class...?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 02 Oct 2018, 22:07

Anubis wrote:Also, does Axe Grandmaster even work?
I don't think it does. As I understand, it should be like Stun and Paralyze abilities of Mace skill - adding a debuff to monster.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 08 Oct 2018, 05:32

All right, thanks.

Also, @Grayface, I thought of a really cool idea that could be implemented in the games somehow. When I come across stat-boosting barrels or resistance-boosting cauldrons, I always tend to want to balance it out across my entire party so they have a better chance of completing those torch contests and such. By doing so, I have to take off all my gear to see what my base stats/resistances are. The idea that I'd like to suggest is you being able to see your base statistics/resistances without having to take off your gear at all. I'm not sure if that'd be easy to do or if it's too time consuming, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 08 Oct 2018, 16:53

As for GM Axe- I never had any idea how it was supposed to work in the first place. The best way to go about it would probably be giving GM axe wielders a chance to inflict an indefinite time, stackable debuff akin to Slow or Paralysis that would halve the monster's current AC. But I'm not sure if that was even coded.

EDIT: Oh, Grayface beat me to it. lol
Anubis wrote:All right, thanks.

Also, @Grayface, I thought of a really cool idea that could be implemented in the games somehow. When I come across stat-boosting barrels or resistance-boosting cauldrons, I always tend to want to balance it out across my entire party so they have a better chance of completing those torch contests and such. By doing so, I have to take off all my gear to see what my base stats/resistances are. The idea that I'd like to suggest is you being able to see your base statistics/resistances without having to take off your gear at all. I'm not sure if that'd be easy to do or if it's too time consuming, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.
Seconded! That would be a feature request more than a bug fix, but it'd be quite useful late-game when you're wearing multiple stat-enhancing items. It could go something like the current value (white for permanent/green for buffed) at first, and then the "natural" value in a parenthesis. Say, Might: 273 (123)
Last edited by Xfing on 08 Oct 2018, 16:56, edited 2 times in total.

vocab
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vocab » 08 Oct 2018, 20:16

I figured out that win7 compatibility issue where it wouldn't fullscreen. Just edit the .ini, and put both windowWidth and WindowHeight to -1. It defaulted to window mode by default when it had 480.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 09 Oct 2018, 05:56

Xfing wrote:It could go something like the current value (white for permanent/green for buffed) at first, and then the "natural" value in a parenthesis. Say, Might: 273 (123)
I was thinking more like...you know how when you right-click your "Attack" or "Shoot" categories in the character sheet, the "toast window" shows your recovery time value? I was thinking a good place to put it is by right-clicking your statistic (Might, Intellect, Luck, etc.) and having it show the base value in the toast window near the bottom.

e.g. Base Might: 24

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 09 Oct 2018, 10:35

Anubis wrote: I was thinking more like...you know how when you right-click your "Attack" or "Shoot" categories in the character sheet, the "toast window" shows your recovery time value? I was thinking a good place to put it is by right-clicking your statistic (Might, Intellect, Luck, etc.) and having it show the base value in the toast window near the bottom.

e.g. Base Might: 24
Or while we're at it, the base value and all the bonuses from every item, listed :P

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 22 Oct 2018, 03:10

In Tatalia, the ore on the ground looks like Erudine ore, but it's really Kergar ore. This problem doesn't occur in the other maps (e.g. Bracada Desert, Barrow Downs)

Also, the "Stun" spell graphically looks wrong.
Last edited by Anubis on 22 Oct 2018, 03:11, edited 1 time in total.

vocab
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vocab » 22 Oct 2018, 20:31

Weird crash in Red Dwarf Mines. After I hit the elevator and walk around to kill the medusas, my game just crashes to desktop randomly. I'm not sure the exact trigger, but the steps I do to reproduce it is this.
1) hit the elevator, go down to the basement.
2) fight medusas, maybe a pack of 3 down there
3) reload mid combat, turn back in go into the mines.
4) game crashes anywhere in the mines at random. The weird thing is it doesnt crash if you just avoid the first step and never hit the elevator/going into the basement.

I uploaded a save right at the entrance of the mines. https://www.dropbox.com/s/81mu1a817hiz9 ... 0.mm7?dl=0
Last edited by vocab on 22 Oct 2018, 21:34, edited 4 times in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 26 Oct 2018, 00:04

Yep, I crashed in Red Dwarf Mines as well, but I didn't even go down the elevator. Sometimes when I reload mid combat, I crash. I dunno if it's worth mentioning, but I went there without being given the quest from the Dwarven King.

Also, my previous mention of the reputation system? I was wrong. The rep system seems to be working as intended if "Liked" is the best status you can achieve in that game. I thought maybe "Saintly" was still a thing, but I suppose not.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 26 Oct 2018, 07:57

Lol, another minor bug:

In Celeste, when you highlight the sign to the Paramount Guild of Air, it reads "Guild of Enlightenment". Additionally, highlighting the sign to the Guild of Enlightenment reads "Paramount Guild of Air".

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Oct 2018, 13:45

I think this one is like that for a long while now. Even I remember that. :D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

vocab
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vocab » 29 Oct 2018, 02:46

Ran into some more crashes in Tatalia. Bowmen vs trolls in the snowy area. I engaged in combat shooting bows, and it just randomly crashed. Went into mercenary guild started some combat and randomly crashed.

crashes in Watchtower 6 as well.
Last edited by vocab on 29 Oct 2018, 23:43, edited 1 time in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 29 Oct 2018, 04:30

I had "45 Liked" in Deyja, and after handing Alice Hargreaves to William (for the Dark Path quest), my rep becomes "35 Liked". Not sure if that's correct.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 30 Oct 2018, 05:55

I think this is also a bug -- Acid Burst (from Water Magic) deals damage against all the Medusa types. I don't have GM Monster ID but I'm pretty sure Medusas are supposed to be immune to all forms of magic?

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 30 Oct 2018, 07:17

Anubis wrote:I think this is also a bug -- Acid Burst (from Water Magic) deals damage against all the Medusa types. I don't have GM Monster ID but I'm pretty sure Medusas are supposed to be immune to all forms of magic?
Acid Burst deals physical damage, so it works correctly. ;)

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 06 Nov 2018, 06:24

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but have you noticed how in the original game the Troglodytes' animations play twice as slow as they should be playing? This occurred to me only when playing the game at 2x. I don't believe it's an issue of missing animation frames, it's just probably bugged programming.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 12 Nov 2018, 18:48

vocab wrote:Weird crash in Red Dwarf Mines.
vocab wrote:Ran into some more crashes in Tatalia.
Send me the ErrorLog.txt file from the game folder.
Phobos wrote:Acid Burst deals physical damage
It doesn't. You're confusing it with Shrapmetal or blasters.
Xfing wrote:Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but have you noticed how in the original game the Troglodytes' animations play twice as slow as they should be playing?
Are you sure? They should have 1.5 more delay between frames than normal monsters - 3 instead of 2.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 12 Nov 2018, 20:02

GrayFace wrote:
vocab wrote:
Phobos wrote:Acid Burst deals physical damage
It doesn't. You're confusing it with Shrapmetal or blasters.
Oh... I always thought that was the case because Acid Burst works on Medusas but doesn't work on Oozes. It also works on Blue Dragons, which are immune to Water. Maybe it's a bug then. 8|
Last edited by Phobos on 15 Nov 2018, 08:49, edited 1 time in total.

maxigen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby maxigen » 12 Nov 2018, 22:35

Hi,

Can this patch be applied to Maestro Mod and will it work? http://mmgames.ru/index.php?option=com_ ... 91&lang=en

Return to “Might and Magic”