Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
dominatorek1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Unread postby dominatorek1 » 05 Oct 2018, 13:28

Are the dwarfs or gnomes will be adde in mm8 merge mod pls.

fortego
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby fortego » 05 Oct 2018, 13:38

Can i finish monk promotion quest (to Master) via console somehow? I killed everyone in Temple of Baa in Avlee, but Bartholomew don't want to accept the quest. I have a cloak from High Priest of Baa on one of my caracters.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 05 Oct 2018, 14:03

Daedros wrote:If Races/Classes were ever separated, i'd love to see Korbu become a hireable Nosferatu Black Knight after completing the Nosferatu promotion quest in M&M8. That'd be badass. I always imagined Korbu as some sort of Death Knight.
They already are. The race / class division does exist in MM8, but they are both the same values. For example - a vampire character in MM8 is of the race Vampire and class Vampire. If you use an editor or some console script, you can switch the class to a Knight, thus making a Vampire Knight (and later a Vampire Death Knight). Promotion quests only affect class though, same for skills.

The "abilities" should have been their own type of thing, basically racial skills, but due to time setbacks they didn't have the time to implement it, thus skills are only bonded to classes, not to races. So currently a Vampire Knight (or Death Knight) won't have Vampire Abilities, unless edited.
dominatorek1 wrote:Are the dwarfs or gnomes will be adde in mm8 merge mod pls.
Dwarfs will be added eventually, as soon as somebody paints them to fit on one of the paperdoll types in MM8 (which is used as a base for the mod)
fortego wrote:Can i finish monk promotion quest (to Master) via console somehow? I killed everyone in Temple of Baa in Avlee, but Bartholomew don't want to accept the quest. I have a cloak from High Priest of Baa on one of my caracters.
This has been here before - the quest is finished by walking through a certain place, not by talking to him directly, I believe. Try exiting the Temple of Baa in a normal way, he should contact you on your way out, I think.
But if it IS a glitch, then Rodril (and perhaps Grayface) can provide you with a console command to trigger it. Quests not being finished and then the person playing being given a command has been done plenty of times in this thread before.
Last edited by Templayer on 05 Oct 2018, 14:07, edited 1 time in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

dirty_nightmare
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dirty_nightmare » 05 Oct 2018, 14:14

NotABroom wrote:Are Duke Osric Temper, Baron Anthony Stone, Lady Loretta Fleise, Eric Von Stromgard and Franklin the Armorsmith supposed to live in Dagger Wound (alongside various Inns from all across the world)? If that is not the case, I think I might have some minor issues. I also can not take quests in MM6.
did you figured out how to fix this as i have the exact same issue i can't take any quests on dagger wound due to that(same thing in shadow spire)
i can't get to dagger wound from raven shore as the boat is a armorshop

and i had tryed to reinstall

and btw if anyone have problem with Init - Failed to create D3D device.
i found away to fix it

Press Win+R, type Regedit, locate the following key in it:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHNE/Software/New World Computing/Might and Magic Day of the Destroyer/1.0
Or on 64-bit versions of Windows:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHNE/Wow6432Node/New World Computing/Might and Magic Day of the Destroyer/1.0

and set use D3D to 0
Last edited by dirty_nightmare on 05 Oct 2018, 14:39, edited 2 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 05 Oct 2018, 14:23

dirty_nightmare wrote:
NotABroom wrote:Are Duke Osric Temper, Baron Anthony Stone, Lady Loretta Fleise, Eric Von Stromgard and Franklin the Armorsmith supposed to live in Dagger Wound (alongside various Inns from all across the world)? If that is not the case, I think I might have some minor issues. I also can not take quests in MM6.
did you figured out how to fix this as i have the exact same issue i can't take any quests on dagger wound due to that(same thing in shadow spire)
i can't get to dagger wound from raven shore as the boat is a armorshop

and i had tryed to reinstall and closely folowed the instalation guide without any luck at all

and btw if anyone have problem with Init - Failed to create D3D device.
i found away to fix it

Press Win+R, type Regedit, locate the following key in it:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHNE/Software/New World Computing/Might and Magic Day of the Destroyer/1.0
Or on 64-bit versions of Windows:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHNE/Wow6432Node/New World Computing/Might and Magic Day of the Destroyer/1.0

and set use D3D to 0
If I remember correctly it was either due to incorrect installation, or due to some translation patch misbehaving.

dirty_nightmare
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dirty_nightmare » 05 Oct 2018, 14:47

the issue was that i did forgot uncheck the Install lod archives on the patch
Last edited by dirty_nightmare on 05 Oct 2018, 15:05, edited 2 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 05 Oct 2018, 16:21

GrayFace wrote:AdditionToMerge3 has been updated. I've updated water and 2 armors. Wavy water is the only option now because moving water outright doesn't work when there are 14 frames of it. If someone wants to try it anyway, I can upload.
Here are the screenshots:
Image Image Image Image

The recolored relics (in the inventory there are original-looking artifacts too for comparison):
Nothing radical, especially on chainmail's side. Still, it would be cool for people to have a "hey, they're slightly different!" moment.
I need names on these armours to properly get them into the paint tracker, which is here (I still didn't get an echo if it works or not):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xf4 ... sp=sharing

Here is how it looks like:

People without edit privileges (only viewing, which is set to be anybody that has the link) can submit suggested changes, and I can accept or refuse them. So you can technically edit the document, as long as I accept the changes.

Also I need all the modified armours as pictures, in all the paperdoll types of MM8.
Last edited by Templayer on 05 Oct 2018, 16:46, edited 2 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 05 Oct 2018, 16:59

Also since the Galahad (is it Galahad?) sprite modification was almost unnoticeable, I just wanted to show you variants in blue and green. Are they prettier? You can still compare with the vanilla version (which doesn't have unique sprites for artifacts and relics)

Image Image

I really like the blue one. But you will have to convince Grayface to modify all the variants. I am not good with graphics.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 05 Oct 2018, 19:56

Hello, patch link have been updated. "NPC Professions" and "NPC BTB" are now localized, and few minor fixes as well. Reapply localization files after this update. @Roor I've changed only "NPCText.txt" table from "EnglishT.lod", texts from "NPCbtb.txt" (mm6) and "NPCprof.txt" (mm6) are there now.
Lists of nonlocalized texts and nonconverted armors have been added in first post. Thanks.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qzcvdzeajg5z ... t.txt?dl=0 - Texts.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1uxa88lcbioif ... t.txt?dl=0 - Armors.
Sorry I won't be able to make actual tracker in nearest future, it is just too much for me at the moment. You can get list of nonconverted armors from "Complex items pictures.txt" in "Data\Tables" folder. Those are with line full of "0" are not converted.
GrayFace wrote:Indeed. Gray hair stops us from makings them black knights either.
All black knights I've seen in heroes series were people with long backstory about desire to power/eternal life/preserving beauty outfit, don't remember any who "was just reanimated and started to lead armies at his own", except Lord Haart, who rather exception. It is not that important anyway, if someone will repaint zombie paperdolls they could be used to bring back mm7 alike-behavior of reanimation spell and dark temples.
Strobe wrote:I'd only like new features/races/stuff, if its not so much a game-altering change.
You mentioned racial skills being unfinished, what do you mean? Were not races just supposed to give extra stats at start of the game and some extra resistances?
Templayer wrote:The problem with the Racial skills is that they WERE supposed to be in vanilla MM8.
I like way i've played mm8. Personally, I have not ever felt something unfinished (even druid circlet seemed just a riddle). I think most of feelings about the game are based on nostalgia and I'm afraid any additions will brake it.
fortego wrote:Can i finish monk promotion quest (to Master) via console somehow? I killed everyone in Temple of Baa in Avlee, but Bartholomew don't want to accept the quest. I have a cloak from High Priest of Baa on one of my caracters.
Yes, ctrl+f1 to open it, ctrl+enter to execute, code:

Code: Select all

Party.QBits[755] = true
I'll recheck this quest. No idea how it can not work. Do you use any localization?
dominatorek1 wrote:Are the dwarfs or gnomes will be adde in mm8 merge mod pls.
I told already, it won't happen soon, and there is no any ETA, because amount of painting work is enormous, please, don't keep asking.
Templayer wrote:Anyway, there are three paperdoll types in MM8, correct?
No. Male, female, minotaur, troll, dragon (dragon can be excluded due to unability of wearing armor).
I might miss some questions and i'm not able to answer too often, sorry.
Last edited by Rodril on 05 Oct 2018, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 05 Oct 2018, 20:22

Rodril wrote: Sorry I won't be able to make actual tracker in nearest future, it is just too much for me at the moment. You can get list of nonconverted armors from "Complex items pictures.txt" in "Data\Tables" folder. Those are with line full of "0" are not converted.
I already made a tracker. It is two posts above your post.

Here's a link.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xf4 ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Templayer on 05 Oct 2018, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 05 Oct 2018, 20:28

Rodril wrote:
Strobe wrote:I'd only like new features/races/stuff, if its not so much a game-altering change.
You mentioned racial skills being unfinished, what do you mean? Were not races just supposed to give extra stats at start of the game and some extra resistances?
Templayer wrote:The problem with the Racial skills is that they WERE supposed to be in vanilla MM8.
I like way i've played mm8. Personally, I have not ever felt something unfinished (even druid circlet seemed just a riddle). I think most of feelings about the game are based on nostalgia and I'm afraid any additions will brake it.
Like the fact that the MM8 manual states that the Dragons have a strong melee attack with their huge claws and fangs. Yeah, totally a finished game!
Manual for MM8 wrote: The Dragon is the king of beasts. Dragons have the capacity to breathe fire, fight in melee with their huge claws and fangs, breathe a devastating breath weapon, fly, and repel even the sharpest weapons with their scales. Though Dragons don't use armor or weapons, if one joins your party you won't miss the lack of man-made combat materials!
Bottomline - MM8 is far from finished. It's half-baked. It's the Heroes 4 of the Heroes series. You now have an unique opportunity to finish what the developers have started - YOU CAN BAKE THEIR CAKE, RODRIL!
Last edited by Templayer on 05 Oct 2018, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

fortego
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby fortego » 05 Oct 2018, 20:42

Rodril wrote:
Yes, ctrl+f1 to open it, ctrl+enter to execute, code:

Party.QBits[755] = true
I'll recheck this quest. No idea how it can not work. Do you use any localization?
This command doesn't work for me, I still can not complete the quest.
I installed this addon on the version from Buka Entertainment (russian language, the disc was purchased in 2000). After the addon has been installed (after GrayFace's patch and MMExtension), language is changed to english, but everything works fine, except this quest. I do not use files with localizations from the first post, default english is OK for me.
Last edited by fortego on 05 Oct 2018, 23:13, edited 4 times in total.

Strobe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Strobe » 06 Oct 2018, 06:52

Templayer

Amazing dude, many thanks for your work!
This helps a lot. I’ll try to work on something.

Rodril

Um, i dont know anything about this. I only saw here in some comments, that some people mentioned planned features, which was not implemented by the creators due to lack of time. If its true maybe its worth the time to recreate these stuff.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 06 Oct 2018, 08:58

Strobe wrote:Templayer

Amazing dude, many thanks for your work!
This helps a lot. I’ll try to work on something.
Also there are actually more armors made by grayface, but since they aren't really cooperating with me I had to check the entire thread and I have put the pictures from it into the tracker. I presume Grayface is making versions for all the paperdolls, AND what is most important to you specifically - Grayface isn't making common armours as far as I know (only artifacts and relics). So if you or anyone else start doing non-artifacts and then tell me and send me a picture, then you should be fine!
Strobe wrote: Rodril

Um, i dont know anything about this. I only saw here in some comments, that some people mentioned planned features, which was not implemented by the creators due to lack of time. If its true maybe its worth the time to recreate these stuff.
And fix stuff that is obviously broken (dragons,... even the manual says they were supposed to have a melee attack! Arrgh.)
And Racial abilities, that are bound to a race and not to a class. Now you can create for example a Vampire Knight (or a Vampire Sorcerer,...), but since skills are ONLY bound to classes, a Vampire Knight will NOT have Vampire abilities. Same for all the other abilities and Regeneration. I want to have a Troll on my LP without having the Troll class, which sucks anyway. A Troll Sorcerer I think.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 06 Oct 2018, 09:23

fortego wrote:This command doesn't work for me, I still can not complete the quest.I installed this addon on the version from Buka Entertainment (russian language, the disc was purchased in 2000). After the addon has been installed (after GrayFace's patch and MMExtension), language is changed to english, but everything works fine, except this quest. I do not use files with localizations from the first post, default english is OK for me.
I hope i got it. Try to execute this:

evt.SetNPCTopic{377, 0, 810}
evt.SetNPCTopic{377, 1, 812}
evt.SetNPCTopic{394, 0, 810}
evt.SetNPCTopic{394, 1, 812}
Party.QBits[755] = true
Speak with Hume after. There was fix in this quest which could corrupt savegame, so promotion topic stays invisible.
Last edited by Rodril on 06 Oct 2018, 09:24, edited 1 time in total.

fortego
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby fortego » 06 Oct 2018, 12:10

Rodril wrote:
fortego wrote:This command doesn't work for me, I still can not complete the quest.I installed this addon on the version from Buka Entertainment (russian language, the disc was purchased in 2000). After the addon has been installed (after GrayFace's patch and MMExtension), language is changed to english, but everything works fine, except this quest. I do not use files with localizations from the first post, default english is OK for me.
I hope i got it. Try to execute this:

evt.SetNPCTopic{377, 0, 810}
evt.SetNPCTopic{377, 1, 812}
evt.SetNPCTopic{394, 0, 810}
evt.SetNPCTopic{394, 1, 812}
Party.QBits[755] = true
Speak with Hume after. There was fix in this quest which could corrupt savegame, so promotion topic stays invisible.
Thank you very much! It works.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 06 Oct 2018, 13:22

Oh my goodness! Just one day off the boards and so much has happened already! The repaints of the armors are spot-on, and the ideas to make MM6 unique armors stand out are fantastic! The speed of work is breathtaking too. I'm really thankful for this. I'll try and come up with value tables for the newly introduced armors, so they can all be different from each other.

what I've noticed in the tracker though - and this goes out to Templayer - the Minotaur sprite has helmets to it. Minos are the only class that can't wear helmets or boots for obvious reasons, Trolls can wear both of these actually :D Also, like many have rightfully noticed, your tracker also needs the female humanoid paperdoll.

As for Black Knights - keep in mind they're not the same as Death Knights. The latter are undead, and the former are alive and well, just of rotten character.

The idea of a separate class/race system is sound and brave, but it would be hard to implement. Since only dark elves and vampires have natural abilities and MM7's races don't, you'd probably have to come up with such for all the other races to make them attractive to choose, otherwise Dark Elves and Vampires are always going to have an advantage. Doing that wouldn't be easy, and would require adding non-vanilla stuff to the game. Of course this part can be ignored, but then we're left with vampires and dark elves superior to everyone else, as every class.

Also, what of skills like meditation? Say you've got a Dark Elf knight. Knights have zero mana, but you need mana to use natural Dark Elf ability spells. Dark Elves also naturally have expert in meditation, how do you reconcile this with knighthood and having zero mana?

Having dark elves as a choosable race to be mixed with any class, but without access to the abilities (presented in the game as innate), would feel off. All Dark Elves are supposed to be born with Dark Elf Ability skills. The only solution I can think of is creating an exception where:

if your class' mana gain < dark elf mana gain; set mana gain to dark elf mana gain AND
if you class' meditation skill < expert; set meditation skill cap to expert.

Same would have to go for vampires.

I'd also advocate programming the Dragon's breath weapon to only activate from a distance (and probably be Fire-based, so you can't kill stuff immune to everything like in the Tomb of Lord Brinne). In melee range there could be a paw attack with damage also scaled from Dragon Ability. Say, 2d4 per point of skill, with skill reducing its recovery too (this could be mastery-dependent) - also modified by Might of course. And I'd stick to that and forget about the bite attack just to keep things simple and feasible.
Last edited by Xfing on 06 Oct 2018, 13:35, edited 3 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 06 Oct 2018, 13:48

Xfing wrote:Oh my goodness! Just one day off the boards and so much has happened already! The repaints of the armors are spot-on, and the ideas to make MM6 unique armors stand out are fantastic! The speed of work is breathtaking too. I'm really thankful for this. I'll try and come up with value tables for the newly introduced armors, so they can all be different from each other.

what I've noticed in the tracker though - and this goes out to Templayer - the Minotaur sprite has helmets to it. Minos are the only class that can't wear helmets or boots for obvious reasons, Trolls can wear both of these actually :D Also, like many have rightfully noticed, your tracker also needs the female humanoid paperdoll.

As for Black Knights - keep in mind they're not the same as Death Knights. The latter are undead, and the former are alive and well, just of rotten character.

The idea of a separate class/race system is sound and brave, but it would be hard to implement. Since only dark elves and vampires have natural abilities and MM7's races don't, you'd probably have to come up with such for all the other races to make them attractive to choose, otherwise Dark Elves and Vampires are always going to have an advantage. Doing that wouldn't be easy, and would require adding non-vanilla stuff to the game. Of course this part can be ignored, but then we're left with vampires and dark elves superior to everyone else, as every class.

Also, what of skills like meditation? Say you've got a Dark Elf knight. Knights have zero mana, but you need mana to use natural Dark Elf ability spells. Dark Elves also naturally have expert in meditation, how do you reconcile this with knighthood and having zero mana?

Having dark elves as a choosable race to be mixed with any class, but without access to the abilities (presented in the game as innate), would feel off. All Dark Elves are supposed to be born with Dark Elf Ability skills. The only solution I can think of is creating an exception where:

if your class' mana gain < dark elf mana gain; set mana gain to dark elf mana gain AND
if you class' meditation skill < expert; set meditation skill cap to expert.

Same would have to go for vampires.

I'd also advocate programming the Dragon's breath weapon to only activate from a distance (and probably be Fire-based, so you can't kill stuff immune to everything like in the Tomb of Lord Brinne). In melee range there could be a paw attack with damage also scaled from Dragon Ability. Say, 2d4 per point of skill, with skill reducing its recovery too (this could be mastery-dependent) - also modified by Might of course. And I'd stick to that and forget about the bite attack just to keep things simple and feasible.
Few things - Minotaur paperdoll helmets and boots on the tracker have comments on them that should inform you WHY - if Dwarves are repainted to fit onto the minotaur type paperdoll, then we are going to need to repaint helmets and boots for the minotaur type of a paperdoll! There are a few more comments like this. Can you see them? I hope you can.

Also you can suggest edits on the tracker. We could make a "Point Tracker" that tracks all the point-based modifications of weapons / armour, so that if those changes are reverted in any way, Rodril would be able to simply copy paste them to fix it. Unless you already have a document for that. If you do it would be great to put it on somewhere. On google docs you can set it up so that people with the link can view the document and suggest edits, which you can allow or refuse, which is nice for such an endevour. Even though I dislike Google and it can glitch out sometimes... -_- Google docs also allows you to import any type of a document, including docx (to my amusement ... MS purposefully obfuscates the way their Office stuff works so that other applications cannot / makes it harder to use it in a pipeline).

Also there are currently FOUR "racial abilities", not two, as far as I know - Dark Elf Abilities, Vampire Abilities, Dragon Abilities and Regeneration. I have added suggestions to the tracker about new abilities (Undead Abilities, Light Elf Abilities and some kind of a magic resistivity skill for Dwarves, like they have in Heroes).

Mana could be provided by the abilities themselves, if the resulting mana pool would be higher than the class-based mana pool, and still be derived from attributes. (i.e. Dark Elf Knight - Dark Elf Mana Pool XXX is bigger than Knights 0, thus it is used.)

"Having dark elves as a choosable race to be mixed with any class, but without access to the abilities (presented in the game as innate), would feel off." that is how it currently is in the game. I actually finished the vanilla MM8 with a Dark Elf Cleric in the party (using editors... but I'm planning on enabling all the base classes and all the races in the character creation now that it is a simple thing through a txt table).

About the Death Knight and Black Knights - well, just make a copy pasted Black Knight, with some minor modifications, and if an Undead (and specify which "races" are undead) become Black Knights, they would turn to Death Knights instead. That is how I would have coded it.
Last edited by Templayer on 06 Oct 2018, 13:58, edited 1 time in total.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 06 Oct 2018, 15:42

I've been thinking about numbers for the armors.

Belts are the easiest, you just need to sort them by rarity and code new vendor values for them. The top belt would be treasure level 6, as with the weapons and the best armors too.

Gauntlets, helmets and boots - Have all of them start with 1 armor, have each next one be better by 1 armor, ending up at 15 armor for the best ones. easy peasy.

As for armors - they are currently made so that every next armor is better than the previous one by a larger increment. Leather armors are:
4; 4+2+ 4+2+4; 4+2+4+6; 4+2+4+6+8, which gives us 4, 6, 10, 16, 24 for their armor values. The unique from MM8, "Serendine's Preservation" follows this sequence and is better than the Alvarian Leather by 10, making it 34.

Chainmails are:
8; 8+4; 8+4+6; 8+4+6+8; 8+4+6+8+10, giving us 8, 12, 18, 26 and 36. Glomenmail adds +12, making it 48.

Plates are:
20; 20+8; 20+8+10; 20+8+10+12; 20+8+10+12+8. The sequence is broken for the Dragonning Plate, presumably due to the authors of the game thinking it would be too OP. Or to make room for the Supreme Plate, which is once again, stronger by 12 than the tier 5 armor, making it 70.

I think that first and foremost, we should restore the proper sequence to plate armors and work from there. The Dragonning plate (or the best plate out of all 15 types in the new conversion) should be better than the last one by 14, making the "top" value 64, and the Supreme Plate should be better than it by 16, making it 80. For armors like Yoruba, we could keep its advantage of 6 armor points over MM7's best plate, making it 70.

As for calculations: armor tiers in the games have bigger breaks between them than weapon tiers, and their quality is apparent from looking at them more so than with weapons, so a smooth, linear progression with the same difference between every armor is probably not the best idea. Still, due to the differences being smaller than expected, what I've arrived at is at times pretty close to being linear anyway.

So my idea is something like: keep the baseline armor values (slightly modified if need be) from the original game for 5 armors, and work off them for the remaining 10 new armors. For leather armors, that would give us:

(-1) 4 (+1)
6(+1) (+2)
(-1) 10 (+2);
(-2)16 (+2);
(-2) 24

Which makes:
3, 4, 5,
6, 7, 8,
9, 10, 12,
14, 16, 18,
22, 24,

Hareck's leather and Serendine's could be raised by 2 each, making them 32 and 36.

For chainmail:

(-2) 8 (+2)
12 (+2) (+2)
18 (+2) (+2)
26 (+2) (+2)
36 (+2)

Giving us:

6, 8, 10
12, 14, 16
18, 20, 22
26, 28, 30
36, 38

Governor's Armor becomes 42 (because it's equal to the golden chainmail, which I think would be the best tier 6 choice). Galahad is 44 (baseline tier 6 + 2), Glomenmail could be raised to an even 50 to make it stand out more from the new tier 6 value, while the Elven Chainmail was in a weird place between tier 4 and 5 in MM7, so I suppose giving it 32 would be OK.

Plates:

Since there are just 11 of them, we need to tier them just like we did with weapons with only 11 different types:

(-2) 20 (+2)
(-2) 28 (+2)
54 (+4)

Which makes:

18, 20, 22,
26, 28, 30,
54, 58

With Yoruba at 70 and Supreme Plate at 80, as discussed above. Pellinor is 66 and Zeus is 74.

What do you think about this system?
Last edited by Xfing on 06 Oct 2018, 15:51, edited 2 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 06 Oct 2018, 16:28

Xfing wrote: a lot of numbers
I've read it, but the amount of numbers is staggering, and I came to see it in this light - As long as it: a) makes logical sense (if an armour looks visually better, it should be better) and b) there is a number divergence between the eras (MM678), I'm fine with it.

Just put it somewhere in a more easily readable format, like a table or something. :D

I just wish Rodril would acknowledge the tracker and together with Grayface would send me pictures of repainted armours that have been added but weren't put as pictures here on the thread (i.e. currently the only way to look at them is in-game), with all their variants.

For others - the tracker's index at the start (actually I set it up in such a way that the sections there are hyperlink colored to make sure people know they can click on them, which isn't on by default) can get you straight to the sections. Later down, when we have more armours, I will start coloring paperdoll types / game eras / equipment types / other repainting sections as RED so that people could easily see and get to what hasn't been done yet. Basically what has already been at least partially done with Dwarves and Liches.
Last edited by Templayer on 06 Oct 2018, 16:29, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”