Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Unread postby GrayFace » 15 Sep 2018, 15:42

Thanks, fixing it.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 15 Sep 2018, 16:08

Rodril wrote: The Words of a God
Forever may He be praised, as He shall deliver us from Kreegans in Ubisoft, into Celeste of Enroth! He is our Lord and Savior! Behold His Majesty in all His Glory!

Oh, and GrayFace is great too. :D
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 15 Sep 2018, 21:16

Templayer wrote:He shall deliver us from Kreegans in Ubisoft
Lmfao. Don't even get me started on the disgrace that is Ubisoft's M&M.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 16 Sep 2018, 08:53

Daedros wrote: Lmfao. Don't even get me started on the disgrace that is Ubisoft's M&M.
Vile creatures. They shall fall. They follow the Evil Path of Capitalism, giving our beloved franchise to the hands of Mobile Cancer Developers, just because They have offered to do It for spare change.

But once our Lord's Work will became known, Our Numbers will be greater than Their Numbers. And Ubisoft will know their mistake.

And Then, the Lord's Work will serve as a base for creating mods, and eventually, a real successor to Might and Magic.

Enroth shall be resurrected. To the Pits with Ashan! MARK MY WORDS!

kenik
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kenik » 17 Sep 2018, 12:16

is it correct that in the config file "Character selection.txt" in the jadam Available classes: priest and not a cleric?

Jadam
Portraits exceptions: 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Available classes: 5 8 16 20 38 40 44 48
Available races: 0 1 2 3 4

# Kind Step Note
0 1 0 Archer
1 1 1 Warrior Mage
2 1 2 Master Archer
3 1 2 Sniper
4 2 0 Cleric
5 2 1 Priest
6 2 2 Priest of the Light
7 2 2 Priest of the Dark

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 17 Sep 2018, 15:53

Jadame's Clerics and Necromancers have always been able to get Master magic at start. That promotion stage reflects it.

ukdouble1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ukdouble1 » 17 Sep 2018, 23:16

Many thanks to everyone who did this mod. I could not find faq and I have many questions.
Were there any quests chenged? (I cant find Isthric the Tongue in his usual place f.e.). If i have knight and start mm8, can i do all promotion for him (mm6*2, mm7*2 and mm8) or only some of them? Can my lich learn light magic in mm6 world? In the beginning, when creating chars, I noticed that many of the skills that were available before certain classes are now written in red (as inaccessible). A knight can not become a grandmaster of a sword, a spear and an armmastering. Here, in the forum, I read that this is jast a colour bug, but in the game I already met a grand teacher with a replica of "this skill is not available for your class".

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 18 Sep 2018, 06:21

Quests are the same AFAIK. Isthric is in his usual place, I found him just fine on the second island with the Merchant, Body Magic and Plate teachers. I haven't tried with this newest patch though. Check again?

You can do all the promotion quests. The first one(s) will promote you while the rest are good for experience. MM8 will promote you straight to Champion, the others first to Cavalier stage like usual. You can get promoted anywhere regardless of your starting world.

Champions do get the GM skills like before, but the game only looks at your next promotion (Cavalier) when displaying those texts you mentioned. This is because MM8 only had one promotion per class. When you get promoted to Cavalier, the game looks at the Champion class with those texts and they turn yellow. Then the teachers will say you have to be promoted to Champion to learn this skill level. I don't know if it can be helped.

Liches get no Light Magic. The classes mainly get their MM8 skills, but Liches don't get GM Alchemy I think (that's for druids).
Last edited by Phobos on 18 Sep 2018, 06:24, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 18 Sep 2018, 16:45

Phobos wrote:Quests are the same AFAIK. Isthric is in his usual place, I found him just fine on the second island with the Merchant, Body Magic and Plate teachers. I haven't tried with this newest patch though. Check again?
Last time I have seen misplaced NPCs in this thread was when someone didn't install the mod correctly. Just trying to help.
Phobos wrote:Liches get no Light Magic.
I believe quite a while ago someone has mentioned that you can convert a MM6-styled sorcerer / wizard / whatever into a Lich, thus having a Lich with Light magic. I do not remember if that was changed or not.
Phobos wrote:Quests are the same AFAIK
There are added quests, together with new locations / a new fourth overencompassing storyline to follow, new monsters....
... beware the flying cacti! (the glitch that when reported was found so hilarious that it was kept as an actual enemy)

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 18 Sep 2018, 17:44

There are new quests, yes, but perhaps you shouldn't spoil them ;) The old ones are the same as far as I can see.

You can make MM6-7 Sorcerers into Liches, but Light Magic is only available to Archmages (so that's still impossible).In the first version of the mod, you were able to promote an MM8 Cleric with Light Magic into a Priest of the Dark. They had access to M light and GM dark. That is no longer possible because only Priests of the Sun get Light Magic.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 18 Sep 2018, 17:55

Phobos wrote:There are new quests, yes, but perhaps you shouldn't spoil them ;) The old ones are the same as far as I can see.

You can make MM6-7 Sorcerers into Liches, but Light Magic is only available to Archmages (so that's still impossible).In the first version of the mod, you were able to promote an MM8 Cleric with Light Magic into a Priest of the Dark. They had access to M light and GM dark. That is no longer possible because only Priests of the Sun get Light Magic.
I didn't spoil the new quests, I just said that they exist. People should know when installing the mod that the mod adds quests.

About the MM6-7 - oh, that was it! My memory was playing tricks on me!

ukdouble1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ukdouble1 » 18 Sep 2018, 18:10

Thx.
Quests are the same AFAIK.
Its all OK with Isthric. I screwed up with s/l.
You can do all the promotion quests.
But must I choise between promotion quests or my knight can be promoted three times? If he get promotion in mm6 world, in mm8 world he will already champion and can`t get promotion quest? Otherwise, the classes available in all three parts of the game receive a huge advantage over those who exist only in mm8.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 19 Sep 2018, 04:52

Your Knight cannot be promoted three times, just twice: once to Cavalier and once to Champion/Black Knight (or straight to Champion if you're in MM8). You can do all the promotion quests in all the worlds, but if you've already been promoted, they are only good for party EXP. The same is true for the other classes - so no extra promotion stages or HP/SP per level for anyone.

ukdouble1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ukdouble1 » 20 Sep 2018, 09:11

Thx. And, I hope, the last question. How exactly does the "bolster monster" feature work?
It just linearly increases the strength of the monsters in each new location at the specified percentages compared to the original? Or is the dependence nonlinear, and the strength of monsters increases compared to the previous location?
Does the experience gained for killing reinforced monsters increase? Is loot improving?
And how i can travel between worlds via town portal spell?
Last edited by ukdouble1 on 21 Sep 2018, 12:18, edited 2 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 21 Sep 2018, 17:59

ukdouble1 wrote:Thx. And, I hope, the last question. How exactly does the "bolster monster" feature work?
It just linearly increases the strength of the monsters in each new location at the specified percentages compared to the original? Or is the dependence nonlinear, and the strength of monsters increases compared to the previous location?
Does the experience gained for killing reinforced monsters increase? Is loot improving?
And how i can travel between worlds via town portal spell?
I just know that the enemies on continents that you didn't start on get bolstered (unless something has changed), but for the second question - in certain places, (it was by touch by mouse clicking previously, but I think that was changed) casting Town Portal gets upgraded to Dimension Gate. There are also secret routes between the continents, for which you do not need magic. I know of ONE magical place where your town portal gets upped to Dimension Gate and ONE secret route (for which you do not need anything) to get to the other continents, if you want to know, tell me here and I will send you a personal message.

ukdouble1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ukdouble1 » 21 Sep 2018, 19:22

I have combined these two questions for a simple reason. I'm going to play as follows:
In the world of mm8, in which I started, I'm not going to use bolster monster feature, but before my party has enter in mm7 and mm6 worlds, i i shall set bolster monster to 150%. I want to go through all locations of all three worlds in order of increasing complexity.
I'm afraid that the possibility of teleportation to other worlds will appear too late, and the Emerald Island or Harmondale will be too easy.
I know of ONE magical place where your town portal gets upped to Dimension Gate
Does this mean that when my party will arrive in another world, I shall a long time search teleportation place for returning too?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 21 Sep 2018, 20:31

I've tried an older version of the merge that I have together with the in-the-works version of my patch and there's a conflict between merge's hook at 0046C0A2 and mine at 46C09E. Basically they're there for the same reason.
I should also add OnMapLeave trigger when travelling to my patches.
Last edited by GrayFace on 21 Sep 2018, 20:57, edited 2 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 22 Sep 2018, 06:53

Water for MM6: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jt2pgbabkdfrz ... r.rar?dl=0
[edit] updated
[edit2] updated again
Last edited by GrayFace on 22 Sep 2018, 09:33, edited 2 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 22 Sep 2018, 08:38

ukdouble1 wrote:I have combined these two questions for a simple reason. I'm going to play as follows:
In the world of mm8, in which I started, I'm not going to use bolster monster feature, but before my party has enter in mm7 and mm6 worlds, i i shall set bolster monster to 150%. I want to go through all locations of all three worlds in order of increasing complexity.
I'm afraid that the possibility of teleportation to other worlds will appear too late, and the Emerald Island or Harmondale will be too easy.
I know of ONE magical place where your town portal gets upped to Dimension Gate
Does this mean that when my party will arrive in another world, I shall a long time search teleportation place for returning too?
Yes. And since you want to do the exact same thing as I do (start with MM8 and go to others without Emerald Island/Harmondale and New Sorpigal being too easy) I'll tell you some clues to the secret passage. It is on Dagger Wound Islands. And it is located on the very first island that you spawn in. You can access it from the very start of the MM8 game. Happy hunting. You can ask for more clues, if you need them. :)
But beware - getting back won't be so easy, so finish up some stuff in MM8 first (like finish up the isles first, maybe Ravenshore too).

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 22 Sep 2018, 14:12

"Fix jumping on nonflat structures in outdoor maps" about doubles jump height. First jump goes normally, subsequent jumps are higher.

Return to “Might and Magic”