Looking for testers for Unity campaign

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Looking for testers for Unity campaign

Unread postby Karmakeld » 27 Mar 2017, 18:59

Our team of committed fans are progressing in our attempt to create a H4 version of the Unity campaign. We're halfway through the making and balancing of the first map, but we'd very much like the help of other testers.
So if you want to help us, please post here or pm me.

What's special about this campaign, is that it's based on a script written for H4 by Terry Ray, who wrote the stories of the 6 campaigns featured in the original game. This story along with another script, was never released for H4.
Last edited by Pol on 25 Mar 2021, 14:07, edited 1 time in total.
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Looking for testers for Unity campaign

Unread postby Pol » 27 Mar 2017, 19:49

Topic pinned as announcement.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 28 Mar 2017, 19:05

Thanks Pol.. :)

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 08 Oct 2017, 12:43

I'm willing to help, maybe also with your personal project (Mudgeon) which I've started to play before.
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 08 Oct 2017, 15:26

Nice Steven. I'll pm you.

Human
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Human » 22 Nov 2017, 18:55

I can help aswell

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 26 Nov 2017, 21:35

Human, thanks. Our battle designer is currently quite occupied so we're a bit on hold.
How ever if you have the least experience with map making, that would be very beneficial for us. And Welcome btw. :)

Human
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Human » 27 Nov 2017, 21:14

Thanks, It's good to finally post here after much of lurking :)
I'm afraid I don't have any experience in map making, I mean I can tell whether I like the map or not and what I find interesting in one, but I never tried to translate it into something new. So if there is any other way I could help, let me know.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 27 Nov 2017, 21:38

Ok. Feedback IS valued very much. We do have several testers already, but what we currently lack the most, is some one who can help with some 'actual work', which would be either landscaping or setting up and test battles. But I'll add you to our tester list :)

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 05 Sep 2018, 15:40

I'm getting a new computer soon after I did in the motherboard of my other one by overclocking it too much. Probably need a new motherboard, CPU, RAM and Windows 10, because it's been so long since I made that computer up. Hopefully the hard disk is alright though.

Won't need so much power this time, and definitely no overclocking this time. ;)

Anyway, long way of saying I can do more H4 map testing shortly if you still want it. :)
Last edited by Steven Aus on 05 Sep 2018, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 Sep 2018, 18:58

In that case you can perhaps also consider to test H7: Umbramancer Mod?

What computer are you going to get?
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 05 Sep 2018, 19:29

Steven Aus wrote:I'm getting a new computer soon after I did in the motherboard of my other one by overclocking it too much. Probably need a new motherboard, CPU, RAM and Windows 10, because it's been so long since I made that computer up. Hopefully the hard disk is alright though.

Won't need so much power this time, and definitely no overclocking this time. ;)

Anyway, long way of saying I can do more H4 map testing shortly if you still want it. :)
Hi Steven.. That would be nice :), but the project has been paused for some time now.
I'm dedicated to mirroring and gathering new objects for H4 and iLiVeInAbOx05 is busy making to tool to ease the process. As for the rest of our team, we were down to a few dedicated/active members, and testers were somewhat lacking a year ago, so the project is on pause :tired:
But hopefully we'll be able to pick it up in 2019, in addition to having gathered a bunch of modding info in the meantime :D
However I can send you what we have so far of the 1st map.

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 06 Sep 2018, 02:31

I wasn't talking just about the Unity campaign but also about your personal campaign. It's just been awhile since I had a functional computer so I am going back into H4, even if it's just playing for fun. :)

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 06 Sep 2018, 14:10

Actually, all that time and my computer just needed a bios reset. I tried that before but the technician said occassionally you need to remove the RAM and maybe something else to get the bios to reset.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 09 Sep 2018, 19:43

Steven Aus wrote:I wasn't talking just about the Unity campaign but also about your personal campaign. It's just been awhile since I had a functional computer so I am going back into H4, even if it's just playing for fun. :)
Great.. Well I've just send all the maps to you for testing.. :)

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 12 Oct 2020, 04:25

The Unity project is back up and running, so if anyone out there is interested in testing, the first map, The Isle of Order, is in a state where we can start testing. Please let us know if you are interested in helping out!

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 15 Oct 2020, 01:59

Hello! :wave:

Which are the requirements to help with it? Do we need to install mods, etc., just to know what it needs.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 15 Oct 2020, 04:27

Just need H4 WoW (I use GoG Complete Edition). No mods required!

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 15 Oct 2020, 06:40

Understood. I have that. :-D

So, where is it? *looks around innocently as if going to find the map laying bare on a nearby desk* :panda: Not sure when I'll play it, but I can decide that rather abruptly at any moment, so better have it already.
Last edited by Panda Tar on 15 Oct 2020, 06:41, edited 1 time in total.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 15 Oct 2020, 20:30

Panda Tar wrote:Understood. I have that. :-D

So, where is it? *looks around innocently as if going to find the map laying bare on a nearby desk* :panda: Not sure when I'll play it, but I can decide that rather abruptly at any moment, so better have it already.
Here it is!

I've started testing it on intermediate difficulty, so if you could choose another difficulty level that would be great! At the moment, just see how far you can make it. I had the number of creatures in enemy stacks a bit too high, so that getting out of the first area was impossible, lol. I've fixed most of it, but have only progressed a little less than halfway through the map, so I'm guessing there will be other spots that aren't possible.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”