[RUMOUR] Heroes 8 - by BlueByte?

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.
Sslaxx
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

[RUMOUR] Heroes 8 - by BlueByte?

Unread postby Sslaxx » 11 May 2017, 21:26

Dunno where to put this, and I don't recall it mentioned anywhere, but:

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/57201/ubi ... index.html

This might well be bullshit, might well not be a M&M-related game, might be something totally different. Just wondering if anyone here knows anything about it or not.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: [RUMOUR] Heroes 8 - by BlueByte?

Unread postby Pol » 11 May 2017, 21:53

Too many AAA in this rumoured title, but who know. BlueByte was a fine studio, certainly before it was consumed by Ubisoft.

I will try to dig some more.

Thanks for the tip!
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 12 May 2017, 04:33

If it has the same graphics - I am tapping out right now.
Last edited by parcaleste on 12 May 2017, 04:34, edited 1 time in total.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 12 May 2017, 09:35

Whatever game BlueByte is doing with cooperation with Ubisoft Berlin, they are searching for 3D artist:
Work with your lead, other art teams and Art Director to create high quality AAA 3D art assets
Deliver on visual and technical requirements
Setup destruction, dynamic objects and other functionality of art assets
Create high quality textures & masks
Review outsourced art assets
Optimize art assets to fit specific technical requirements
Help other teams to reach their goals by providing them with asset expertise
Personaly I don't think it will be HoMM title - unless someone in Ubisoft went crazy to give a sinking franchise like MM money for AAA title. :P

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 12 May 2017, 12:57

I'll set my expectations to ... let me see ... –346%. There.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 12 May 2017, 14:41

You are too kind.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 12 May 2017, 16:22

:proudirule:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Antalyan
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Antalyan » 13 May 2017, 13:29

Although it would be incredibly nice if it was true, I really don't think so.

Besides the fact they made the majority of the fanbase really angry during H7 development, the article mentioned RTS - real time strategy, not TBS.
Wryn Pendragon Umbranacer community H7 project: http://wpu.worldofheroes.cz/indexEN.html
H7 Unoffical Community Mod

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 13 May 2017, 14:30

Well, yes. That title is unannounced, AAA, RTS and should be for 50+ people in the end = no (true) M&M game. As this is much bigger.

That doesn't mean that Ubisoft won't stick M&M mark here, the last moves of Ubisoft shown that he is able to put it practically everywhere. But it won't be any continuation of either M&M or Heroes classic lines.

Perhaps in few months, now they are really silent about it. It's quite strange that Ubisoft is expanding, they are up to something there, may be some MMORPG title.
Last edited by Pol on 13 May 2017, 14:40, edited 2 times in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 15 May 2017, 14:25

I was going to write about the rumor in the news, but no it's pointless. There can't be any connection between the project and the franchise.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Energy Q
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Energy Q » 16 May 2017, 08:45

If it has any relation with MM, it can only be a spin off, I think. Anything else would be considered as too risky to release.

Andrews
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Andrews » 19 Jul 2018, 08:57

From the end of June this new Heroes 8 sign came!

May be a chinese company will make Heroes 8? A revamped Naga faction is for sure now ! :)

Senior Brand Manager (Marketing)
Shanghai, China - Full-time - REF9888S

COMPANY DESCRIPTION
Be a part of the most exciting and innovating video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”.
Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with the cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling.
By working in Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, an abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment.
If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai.
Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!

JOB DESCRIPTION
- Be the Might & Magic Heroes brand expert and evangelist – Globally, with focus on China
-> Be the M&M brand point of contact for all Might & Magic projects, in and outside Ubisoft.
-> Communicate the brand DNA, pillars, lore and actuality in and outside Ubisoft.
-> Create clear, concise and up to date brand guidelines for internal and external partners.
-> Curate the brand archive and assets datable for past/current and future projects.

- For M&M Heroes projects in China, guide partners ‘projects’ marketing plans and strategies by providing recommendations and actionable feedback on:
-> Game positioning and target
-> Naming and TM protections
-> Key assets & messaging
-> Communications strategy and tactics

- Ensure the long-term development and performance of the brand and its products.
-> Ensure 360 Portfolio vision and strategy - Differentiate brand games and other products while ensuring their synergy.
-> Collaborate with business/licensing/partnerships. Recommend sequels, spinoffs and new segments based on brand analyses and provide high quality pitch decks.
-> Back up China project management team and Ubisoft editorial team with brand insights and feedback on in-game assets and design documents.
-> Working with Data team and active game managers, quantify and follow up on the strength of brand – collect feedback from players and partners, analyze game KPIs.

QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 years + in video game brand management with solid references working on a major brand/major brands.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively manage concurrent projects (multitasking)
- Ability to defend one’s point of view, even when unpopular
- Prior knowledge of the Might & Magic brands and lore a huge plus
- Extensive knowledge of the video game market, especially China /Asia and mobile industries
- Prior work in China and or a renowned fantasy / RPG IP a big plus
- Fluent in English, Chinese a big plus, French nice to have

LordGraa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LordGraa » 19 Jul 2018, 09:25

China + mobile = not interested anymore.

We have Elemental Guardians, they have Might & Magic Heroes: Era of Chaos.

Once they return back to PC with Might & Magic brand, remind me, pls.

PS: "Be the Might & Magic Heroes brand expert and evangelist..." -this job is already taken by our lord saviour Mr. Erwan! :canthear:
Last edited by LordGraa on 19 Jul 2018, 09:29, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.worldofheroes.cz - Czech Heroes Fansite
https://wpu.worldofheroes.cz/tsoaEN.html - H7 community DLC The Shadows over Ashan

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 20 Jul 2018, 14:23

I like this point:
"Ability to defend one’s point of view, even when unpopular"

Evidently they have a bad experience. - Like that someone insisted that it will be problem, was overvoted, and ..it was a problem! Still it's double edged sword, fully depends on for what idea you are fighting.

Two names, who probabaly can shed more light on Heroes VIII., come to my mind, 'evilp' and 'benbird'.
"We made it!"

Return to “Heroes VII”