Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
giant008
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Unread postby giant008 » 05 Jul 2018, 00:23

...also, I would like to add more types of elemental damage>
The single element is easy:
OnHitEffects[1303] = {
DamageKind = const.Damage.Air,
Add = 15}

but how can I add let`s say 10 air + 10 fire damage?

Thanx a lot.

Tripleight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tripleight » 06 Jul 2018, 12:13

I think one of the dark elves racial skills has a function of doing both fire and dark magic. I like the idea, it would be very useful to utilize and elevate the importance of less used magical type threats.

I still don't understand, are there fundamental differences between a necromancer and sorcerer? Currently it seems that you are only penalized for playing a sorcerer, because there are artifacts that you can't use and a necromancer starts with dark magic, which is a great bonus, difficult to undervalue.
Last edited by Tripleight on 06 Jul 2018, 12:15, edited 2 times in total.

Vetrinus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vetrinus » 06 Jul 2018, 20:06

Hello

Thank you Rodril for this absolute work of art. I've been playin this mod for quite some time now and it is a years-old dream come true.

I have a question about the V-storyline. I have retrieved the rod from the DDC, so where can I find V now? Do I need to beat all three games for V to pop up? If not then where is she?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 06 Jul 2018, 21:05

Vetrinus wrote:Hello

Thank you Rodril for this absolute work of art. I've been playin this mod for quite some time now and it is a years-old dream come true.

I have a question about the V-storyline. I have retrieved the rod from the DDC, so where can I find V now? Do I need to beat all three games for V to pop up? If not then where is she?
She tends to hang out on Regna in the magic shop.

Vetrinus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vetrinus » 06 Jul 2018, 23:45

Xfing wrote:
Vetrinus wrote:Hello

She tends to hang out on Regna in the magic shop.
Found her. Thanks a lot! :)

Tripleight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tripleight » 07 Jul 2018, 05:36

My lich gets desiesed, am I learning something new?
Artifact Wallace, sword, Armsmaster +10, stacks with armor armsmaster bonuses, my knight currently has +27, is this intended? Same with Ruler's Ring, Of Dark Magic. Probably other artifacts and bonuses work like this.
Artifact Percival bonus Carnage does not work.
Artifact Arthur does not have paperdoll and its bonus "of the gods" does not work.
Last edited by Tripleight on 07 Jul 2018, 07:10, edited 3 times in total.

moretea12321
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby moretea12321 » 07 Jul 2018, 12:19

Great job making this mod, i love it!

I faced one problem though, I have completed MM6 and now i am almost done with MM/ part of the game as well, im playing Light Side. But for some reason i cant accept the mission "The Final Task" which should give m e the swimsuit to go to the lincoln, but there is no swimsuits in the chests outside the throneroom either. I am probably missing something, hope anyone here can help me out!

Tripleight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tripleight » 07 Jul 2018, 18:37

I did try to give my Lich grandmaster ID monster through an editor, because I started in mm7 and planned that my sorcerer could get it. Now even after I removed it, when I right click in the skills menu of my lich anything, I get this...
Kewl. :D
Oh by the way, shared life spell works very weird, it removes like half of my knights health (1000+) even if the redistributed amount for my cleric and sorcerer would be significantly less.
Enslaved monsters don't attack other monsters, just become neutral and start wandering around aimlessly, also enslaved monsters don't always become green in the minimap.

Code: Select all

...d Magic VIII\Scripts\Structs\After\RemoveClassLimits.lua:248: array index (255) out of bounds [0, 47]

stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1342: in function '__index'
	...d Magic VIII\Scripts\Structs\After\RemoveClassLimits.lua:248: in function <...d Magic VIII\Scripts\Structs\After\RemoveClassLimits.lua:248>
	[C]: in function 'pcall'
	Scripts/Core/Common.lua:102: in function 'pcall2'
	Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1653: in function <Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1650>
	[C]: in function 'call'
	D:\Might and Magic VIII/Scripts/Core/events.lua:411: in function <D:\Might and Magic VIII/Scripts/Core/events.lua:388>

arguments of '...d Magic VIII\Scripts\Structs\After\RemoveClassLimits.lua:248':
	d = (table: 0x07707410)

local variables of '...d Magic VIII\Scripts\Structs\After\RemoveClassLimits.lua:248':
	(*temporary) = (table: 0x02d64e28)
	(*temporary) = 255
	(*temporary) = 2.2975550489085e-296
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
...d Magic VIII\Scripts\Structs\After\RemoveClassLimits.lua:248: array index (255) out of bounds [0, 47]

stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1342: in function '__index'
	...d Magic VIII\Scripts\Structs\After\RemoveClassLimits.lua:248: in function <...d Magic VIII\Scripts\Structs\After\RemoveClassLimits.lua:248>
	[C]: in function 'call'
	D:\Might and Magic VIII/Scripts/Core/events.lua:411: in function <D:\Might and Magic VIII/Scripts/Core/events.lua:388>

arguments of '...d Magic VIII\Scripts\Structs\After\RemoveClassLimits.lua:248':
	d = (table: 0x091b91a8)

local variables of '...d Magic VIII\Scripts\Structs\After\RemoveClassLimits.lua:248':
	(*temporary) = (table: 0x02d64e28)
	(*temporary) = 255
	(*temporary) = 2.2975550489085e-296
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
Last edited by Tripleight on 07 Jul 2018, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 08 Jul 2018, 07:46

moretea12321 wrote:Great job making this mod, i love it!

I faced one problem though, I have completed MM6 and now i am almost done with MM7 part of the game as well, im playing Light Side. But for some reason i cant accept the mission "The Final Task" which should give m e the swimsuit to go to the lincoln, but there is no swimsuits in the chests outside the throneroom either. I am probably missing something, hope anyone here can help me out!
some of the promotion missions in mm7 are also without text the first time you click on the questgivers task (though you see them in the questlog afterwards) - i especially saw that after the choosing the new judge (cant say that i saw it before that)
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 08 Jul 2018, 07:49

Tripleight wrote:I did try to give my Lich grandmaster ID monster through an editor, because I started in mm7 and planned that my sorcerer could get it. Now even after I removed it, when I right click in the skills menu of my lich anything, I get this...
Kewl. :D
Oh by the way, shared life spell works very weird, it removes like half of my knights health (1000+) even if the redistributed amount for my cleric and sorcerer would be significantly less.
Enslaved monsters don't attack other monsters, just become neutral and start wandering around aimlessly, also enslaved monsters don't always become green in the minimap.
the old editors dont work with the combined version of the game - since some of them dont know the classes refered to in other games.
so either you go in the savefiles with an hexeditor or you do cheatengine in memory (or something like that - whatever suits you best)
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)

moretea12321
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby moretea12321 » 08 Jul 2018, 09:25

justl wrote:

I faced one problem though, I have completed MM6 and now i am almost done with MM7 part of the game as well, im playing Light Side. But for some reason i cant accept the mission "The Final Task" which should give m e the swimsuit to go to the lincoln, but there is no swimsuits in the chests outside the throneroom either. I am probably missing something, hope anyone here can help me out!
some of the promotion missions in mm7 are also without text the first time you click on the questgivers task (though you see them in the questlog afterwards) - i especially saw that after the choosing the new judge (cant say that i saw it before that)
Oh i see!
.is there a way to get these wetsuits so i can get to the lincoln since they dont show up in the chests outside the throne room. Or is there other ways to get there?

Thanks in advance

kristal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kristal » 08 Jul 2018, 11:13

No sound hero if disarmed a trap.
No sound in stores of the alchemists MM7 when a rich squad did not buy anything. Such files in MM7 there is.
No sound in human town hall MM7.
In MM7 there are sounds for each ship.
Not the right sound when the hero eats an Apple.
Not the right sound of walking in the snow.
Last edited by kristal on 26 Jul 2018, 18:43, edited 1 time in total.

majaczek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby majaczek » 08 Jul 2018, 15:02

I suggest adding additional promotions at late phase of the game (let say Regna for Jadame) or after finishing one of the stories (i.e. beating escaton on Jadame). I am happy with my main Arch Druid having GrandMaster Alchemy, but she can't do any magic on Grand, which is sad (okay for second promotion quest, but I already done All Arcomage on Antagrich, so having access to nighon, Celeste and The Pit and I wish to advance her soon, but currently it' not possible :( )

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 09 Jul 2018, 04:58

moretea12321 wrote:
justl wrote:

Oh i see!
.is there a way to get these wetsuits so i can get to the lincoln since they dont show up in the chests outside the throne room. Or is there other ways to get there?

Thanks in advance
sorry, that wasnt actually an answer for you, but an extended info for rodril about the mm7 part of the game

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 09 Jul 2018, 19:07

acromage quest in mm7:
for completion you can get the eclipse-shield from mm8 as a price
i guess that shouldnt be that way, since it is to be taken the "right" way in mm8 - shouldnt it?

Sytakan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sytakan » 10 Jul 2018, 18:49

So I can't get any hirelings in MM6. I haven't tested it in the others, but there's no option to ask anyone to join when I talk to them.

In fact, for a few minutes, I even had a button I could click to check my hirelings (or quest NPCs) but it went away pretty quick.
Last edited by Sytakan on 10 Jul 2018, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.

Sytakan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sytakan » 11 Jul 2018, 21:35

Not hirelings, followers. I understand hirelings are the party members you can recruit.

Are followers from 6 and 7 not available? What if I get a quest follower for a promotion quest or something? What happens then?
Last edited by Sytakan on 12 Jul 2018, 01:34, edited 1 time in total.

equs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby equs » 12 Jul 2018, 07:18

Sytakan wrote:Not hirelings, followers. I understand hirelings are the party members you can recruit.

Are followers from 6 and 7 not available? What if I get a quest follower for a promotion quest or something? What happens then?
A special button will appear, when you get a follower, triggered by a quest. Followers are only possible through quests. You can't hire people like in MM6 or MM7 (until now).

equs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby equs » 12 Jul 2018, 07:21

Sytakan wrote:So I can't get any hirelings in MM6. I haven't tested it in the others, but there's no option to ask anyone to join when I talk to them.

In fact, for a few minutes, I even had a button I could click to check my hirelings (or quest NPCs) but it went away pretty quick.
A special button will appear when you will get a follower triggered by a quest, like I mentioned before.

equs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby equs » 12 Jul 2018, 07:24

justl wrote:acromage quest in mm7:
for completion you can get the eclipse-shield from mm8 as a price
i guess that shouldnt be that way, since it is to be taken the "right" way in mm8 - shouldnt it?
Maybe this is because of the fact, that the reward for the quest contains artifacts for special races (like dwarfts) which aren't implemented in MMM. So these ones were replaced by random artifacts and relicts.
Last edited by equs on 12 Jul 2018, 07:25, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”