Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
equs
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Unread postby equs » 27 Jun 2018, 12:05

Rodril wrote:I've removed possibility to travel by ships, because it does not fit time-travel storyline. Only dimension doors left.
really....? I loved the possibility to travel between continents by ship.....

FfuzzyLogik
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby FfuzzyLogik » 27 Jun 2018, 17:23

After Galaad (of HC) answered me, he linked me this page. I thought this attempt was frozen but I'm very happy to see its alive !

I'm actually trying to mod a bit MM6 game and I changed some things like :
- Alchemy system (its harder to make the "best potions" ; some other items may now be done by alchemy)
- Many items (swords, axes, staffs...) to increase the difficutly to find "the best items" ; some good ones are more "rare"
- Graphism (for items are changed, stole some of other MM series, use some other graphics to make new items...)
- Not tested now but some quests and awards (some items are new and can be found in game, including some "powerful ones")
- Changing relics and magic items (they are boosted and a bit changed, I hope to find adresses for changing some effects but I have difficulties to find other bonuses than characteristics and change strengh to something else)
- Make some monsters stronger (to increase difficulty at points you have "better items"
I also hope to change a bit the spells effects (some are too strong, some other too weak in MM6) and some things (the bonus depending on characteristics who changes very fast between 0-30, increasing a bit between 30-80 and don't really changes after 80 making the relics quite useless as they add +100 in one of them and decreases 40 in one other)...
Well other story but...

If some of those things may be of use to you, tell me ; I'll give to you. If I can help in some way with my very few knowlege...
I haven't tested your mod for now (because not having MM8) but I'm really happy to see it. I'll be pleased to play to a such game.
Have fun in modding !

majaczek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby majaczek » 27 Jun 2018, 19:13

Supreme Plate can't be worn by Paladins (Knight only it write)

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 27 Jun 2018, 21:03

hi,

about the v-quest:
im in alvar atm, but i cant find any house inhabited by a duergar. is the quest-text probably wrong?

thx
justl
Last edited by justl on 28 Jun 2018, 04:57, edited 1 time in total.
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 28 Jun 2018, 12:57

equs wrote:
Rodril wrote:I've removed possibility to travel by ships, because it does not fit time-travel storyline. Only dimension doors left.
I was thinking that it would maybe be nice to implement after all the storylines are beaten, but yeah - it directly clashes with the storyline. You're supposed to be time-travelling, and if you begin the game on Jadame, it's year 1172, while MM7 begins in 1169 if I'm not mistaken. So it's probably best if things stay as they are for consistency reasons.

equs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby equs » 29 Jun 2018, 11:32

Xfing wrote:
equs wrote:
I was thinking that it would maybe be nice to implement after all the storylines are beaten, but yeah - it directly clashes with the storyline. You're supposed to be time-travelling, and if you begin the game on Jadame, it's year 1172, while MM7 begins in 1169 if I'm not mistaken. So it's probably best if things stay as they are for consistency reasons.
okay, I get it now.... I like the idea for ship traveling after completing the 3 main story lines. If ship traveling clashes with story line, how can you else travel to the other continents? and why the dimension door books are ok but ships are not? isn't the book also causing a clash in the story line?

majaczek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby majaczek » 29 Jun 2018, 13:49

You can use Town Portal in "High Energy Places", You don't neccessary have to buy DD scrolls (which looks like book but mechanically are scrolls)
And why DD Scrolls would be against storyline? Maybe they were Looted from other time travellers who unhappily dies ? :P
Anyway I would like the proposed before idea about device from ancients which would allow to do a DD to any town on any continent :)

Sytakan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sytakan » 30 Jun 2018, 08:17

Hey, so I don't fully understand how this mod works. Do you just play all three games in order, moving to the next once you've finished one? How does it handle being really high level or all the end game gear you would have after beating just one of the games?

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 30 Jun 2018, 08:54

Sytakan wrote:Hey, so I don't fully understand how this mod works. Do you just play all three games in order, moving to the next once you've finished one? How does it handle being really high level or all the end game gear you would have after beating just one of the games?
you can travel between games, once you reached a certain point in each one (mm6 dragonsand, mm7 evermorn island, mm8 druid circle in murmurwood)
from there you can travel to the other continents. or you use a dimension door scroll (although i dont know where that takes you, since i never used one) :)
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)

FfuzzyLogik
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby FfuzzyLogik » 30 Jun 2018, 11:19

Hello there,

I was in "testing mode" because I'd like to finish a mode for MM6 but if there is a "merge MM6-8" I was very happy to try some bigger world !
I've found some "bugs" for now : Relic and magic items of MM6-7, when equipped have problems (for armors, helms,...) I suppose its due to "no position" for all kind of heroes ? Anymore they "don't work" when equipped... For maces or some things like that its ok... But I dislike the position of heroes in MM8... Big items are going "out" the window and same for dagger/swords in left hand...

For now I don't know how the items can be found (by random). For relics, magic items, normal items, how do work the "merge" between the series ?

If you need help to rework positions or things like that, I think I'll remake item list for having something "going together"...

Thanks for your work,
FfuzzyLogik.

majaczek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby majaczek » 02 Jul 2018, 04:57

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 02 Jul 2018, 19:45

on mt nighon, on the eastermost entrance (world map) to the tunnels to eeoful/dwarf city there is an mm7-style chain mail lying around - probably from the original game

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 02 Jul 2018, 23:50

justl wrote:hi,

about the v-quest:
im in alvar atm, but i cant find any house inhabited by a duergar. is the quest-text probably wrong?

thx
justl
Yes, the quest text incorrectly references a race that doesn't officially exist in M&M. The Duergar are a race of subterranean Dwarves, also referred to as "Dark Dwarves" in D&D. Dark Dwarves do exist in M&M, they're in the Mine/Cave in Alvar. I think at some point the quest also refers to Dark Elves as "Drow" as well, which is also a D&D term for a specific race of subterranean Elves.

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 02 Jul 2018, 23:53

justl wrote:hi,

about the v-quest:

thx
justl
Yes, the quest text incorrectly references a race that doesn't officially exist in M&M. The Duergar are a race of subterranean Dwarves, also referred to as "Dark Dwarves" in D&D. Dark Dwarves do exist in M&M, they're in the Mine/Cave in Alvar. I think at some point the quest also refers to Dark Elves as "Drow" as well, which is also a D&D term for a specific race of subterranean Elves.
majaczek wrote:Anyway I would like the proposed before idea about device from ancients which would allow to do a DD to any town on any continent :)
Yeah, i proposed that with Web Station Beta 5, which would be a reward for completing the M&M 7 Good storyline. The M&M 7 Evil storyline would be able to trade Stalt Ore for Blaster Rifles.
Last edited by Daedros on 02 Jul 2018, 23:57, edited 3 times in total.

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 02 Jul 2018, 23:54

Whoops, double post.
Last edited by Daedros on 02 Jul 2018, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

majaczek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby majaczek » 03 Jul 2018, 21:01

the cloaks from temple of the moon and temple of the sun in Antagrih doesnt have on-character-doll pictures (item pictures are fine)
purify quest probably got bugged on me (he wishes to pure altar again, but it's possible only once)

edit:
...MEZ\Might and Magic 6+7+8\Scripts\General\MiscTweaks.lua:544: array index (1) out of bounds [0, 0]

stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'error'
Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1342: in function '__index'
...MEZ\Might and Magic 6+7+8\Scripts\General\MiscTweaks.lua:544: in function 'SetCurrentHunt'
...MEZ\Might and Magic 6+7+8\Scripts\General\MiscTweaks.lua:580: in function <...MEZ\Might and Magic 6+7+8\Scripts\General\MiscTweaks.lua:579>
[C]: in function 'pcall'
Scripts/Core/Common.lua:102: in function 'pcall2'
Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1653: in function <Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1650>

local variables of 'SetCurrentHunt':
MonId = 33
BountyText = "This month's bounty is on a Ogre Warleader. Kill it and return before the end of the month to collect the 2800 gold reward."
BountyHunt = (table: 0x20029590)
random = (function: builtin#63)
X = nil
Y = nil
Z = nil
Room = (table: 0x20028ab0)
(*temporary) = (table: 0x174e5998)
(*temporary) = (table: 0x15b35eb0)
(*temporary) = 1
(*temporary) = 0
(*temporary) = 1
(*temporary) = 7.4751003909524e-284
Last edited by majaczek on 04 Jul 2018, 05:01, edited 2 times in total.

Tripleight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tripleight » 04 Jul 2018, 06:28

I am here to declare this mod the ultimate mod of might and magic series, people this is the only mod that truly matters, anyone who disagrees is a peasant. Excellent work Rodril! This is just too good for me to not report some bugs.

Multiple daggers display an incorrect amount of damage. 2d1
The general store in free haven of mm6 works like a magic item shop.
The armor store in silver cap of mm6 does not provide the first 3 (from left to right), upper items of standard buy. And the magic item shop in blackshire does not provide the last item of special buy. (this bug seems to not be consistent, I think sometimes some shops in mm6 just don't spawn some amount of items)
Shrine of the Gods in dragonsands of mm6 does not provide any statistics. Should give +20 to all.
Blackshire guards in the archer tower near the inn and stables, started attacking me the first time I went there.
Artifact Wyrm Spitter (Endurance +20, Dragon Slaying, Swift), obtained in mm7, I tested and see absolutely no difference in dealing damage to dragons.
Last edited by Tripleight on 04 Jul 2018, 13:43, edited 9 times in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 04 Jul 2018, 20:36

I'm finally trying it out :) While it loads, 2 things right away:
- Data\00 patch.bitmaps.lod is the LOD archive of my patch and it will happily replace it on installation. Use a different name.
- Distributing DataFiles folder together with Data\Tables would eliminate the first run delay.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 04 Jul 2018, 21:50

RemoveTravelLocationsLimits.lua should end with "return StructsArrayStd(arr, offs, t, str)", not just do a call.
In GlobalTxt.lua, for compatibility with new MMExt:

Code: Select all

if not define.members.GlobalTxt then
     define
     [0x601448].array(750).EditPChar 'GlobalTxt'
   end
Very impressive job!
Last edited by GrayFace on 04 Jul 2018, 21:58, edited 2 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

giant008
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby giant008 » 04 Jul 2018, 23:54

Dear Rodril and GreyFace!
You both made an excellent piece of work! Thank you very much for that!

I would kindly ask you for your help with a little modding tutorial :)
...I am a little bit in my playthrough and I found a Lightning Crossbow - its a relic from MM8. However, I have no DarkElf in my party so I cannot use this crossbow (usable by DarkElf only)...I wass messing around with the ExtraArtifacts.lua file and found theese lines:

-- Lightning crossbow
WearItemConditions[532] = function(PlayerId)
return Game.CharacterPortraits[Party[PlayerId].Face].Race == const.Race.DarkElf

I tried to delete this line, or modify it but regardless what I do, the crossbow is still only usable by DarkElf.

Is it possible that this restriction is hardcoded and cannot be removed?

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Keep up with the good work! :D

Return to “Might and Magic”