Mod Reguest: Making MM6 "Of The Dragon" weapons do energy damage, and changing description + on hit animation to energy

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Milky1988
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mod Reguest: Making MM6 "Of The Dragon" weapons do energy damage, and changing description + on hit animation to energy

Unread postby Milky1988 » 12 Mar 2018, 09:26

Hello everyone,

Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong area. I'm not sure where to go about asking such a request however.
I'm looking for someone to make a small mod for Might and Magic 6 that changes "of the dragon" suffix of weapons (which I have read is actually energy damage and not fire damage..?) to display energy damage animation (like the blaster weapons) on hit and not fire damage (which "of the dragon" suffix weapons display), while changing the description of the suffix to read 10-20 energy damage".
Reason being is that I really like the energy element of Might and Magic 6, and am disappointed that only the blasters apply that element.
I will happily compensate via PayPal for your work.
I'm awful at modding, hence why I'm asking here, looking for help.
Thanks for your time,
S.

FfuzzyLogik
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Mod Reguest: Making MM6 "Of The Dragon" weapons do energy damage, and changing description + on hit animation to ene

Unread postby FfuzzyLogik » 27 Jun 2018, 16:42

Hello,

Sorry but as I tested, the damage type is fire. I can't do more than my max damage with fire elementals in front but can do more on air elemental. So damage type might be "fire". Anyways I think in MM6 there is only "fire, electricity, cold, poison, magic and physical" damage. Blaster damage is physical I think ; there is no "energy" animation.

Have a good day,

FfuzzyLogik
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Mod Reguest: Making MM6 "Of The Dragon" weapons do energy damage, and changing description + on hit animation to ene

Unread postby FfuzzyLogik » 27 Jun 2018, 17:10

Sorry for doble post but I cannot edit mine so... I add one.

For changing desciption there is a text file is stored in .lod files.
Its on "SPCITEMS" you can change it at will with Grayface's tools to open these files...
I also suggest you use the table editor to not have problem with modification of the TXT (is a table).

Milky1988
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Milky1988 » 13 Jan 2019, 01:58

Hi, this is a very late reply, but, how can there not be "energy" damage animation when it is applied to the blaster weapons?

So, essentially, gold dragons are dealing "physical damage" and not a separate damage type called "energy"..? Energy damage is essentially physical damage..?

Milky1988
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Milky1988 » 14 Jan 2019, 23:18

If anybody can make a small mod to add energy damage to weapons (changing "Of the Dragon" suffix) with the corresponding energy animation and sound effect, I will be happy to compensate via PayPal. *Slightly desperate at this point.*

Return to “Might and Magic”