Add mirrored map objects

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re:

Unread postby Karmakeld » 18 Sep 2017, 19:47

Dalai wrote:Yes, it is quite complicated. You may have noticed that we did not add objects of many types. For obvious reasons we started with Quest Huts. Creature Banks are quite reasonable second choice. Some types of objects are still a work in progress. For example, we tried to make a new observatory - same as old, but flaggable. No luck so far. ;|

It's not like changing some numbers in some table to convert one object into another, or create a new one. I wish it were.
Well I got some great news.. Thanks to Namerutan, it turns out, it's actually not that complicated to add new images and add new objects by replacing the image within an object. Read more here: http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.p ... genumber=6 more modding is being researched and partly succesfull already.
Jeff/Dalai, this means I'll start making objects based on the list we compiled :-D
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

jeff

Re: Add mirrored map objects

Unread postby jeff » 19 Sep 2017, 07:40

Good news indeed; I've started to dabble again on my unfinished campaign. Once I relearn why I scripted things the way I did, I can move forward. Then I will have to wade through the different mods out there and see what's compatible with what. That is equilibris, the HD mod and the Heroes IV greatest mod.
Last edited by jeff on 19 Sep 2017, 07:41, edited 1 time in total.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 24 Sep 2017, 17:13

Well there are different ways to do it. For now, I'm keeping every single object and the likes in my Data folder as single objects, non packed, meaning they can be added to Vanilla game, Equilibris or what ever mod (but that will eventually mean hundres of files, which would eventually be wise to pack). But once packed, they will be linked to what ever mod file they packed in, like Equi_mod.

I believe NimoStar plan on includeding alot of new objects in his Greatest mod, as ppl. upload them and I'd gladly share any new object with the Equilibris team to add to both the HD mod and or next Equi update (although there's no telling how much they will add).
Plan is also to try to gather up the stuff ppl. create, new objects, modded objects, new layers (like townbackgrounds etc) and have it available at one place, then ppl. can pick out what ever they like.
At some point, I will most likely do a tutorial here on CH, but I still got a few bugs to iron out as well as finding a substitute for Photobucket.
But it's great reading you decided to re-open your unfinished campaign :)

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 25 Sep 2017, 04:46

Well I will try to continue to monitor the developments; I'm hoping that all the mods will be as compatible as possible.

As far as my campaign goes; it has been tough just trying to unwind where I was going and at the same time deciding how to get there. Most of my time has just been staring at the screen going wtf; oh yeah right. In any case I have decided to add an additional map which will make it better but longer to finish.
Last edited by jeff on 25 Sep 2017, 04:48, edited 1 time in total.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 28 Sep 2017, 11:56

Actually the one thing that would be nice is if additional heroes could be packed into a file and added to the data folder like the new_mod.h4r file. My biggest issue is I am running out of heroes to customize. Since all three campaigns (assuming I finish the third) are a continuing story; I am careful not to reuse story important heroes. Even if I didn't customize them; if they are part of the story they become unavailable throughout all three campaigns. Right now there are very few heroes for the AI to use. The heroes could even be blanks; where the mapmaker has to insert a portrait and biography using facetool, unless a better program comes along.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 28 Sep 2017, 14:11

jeff is a hero, simple as that. I'm going to log out now, and come back in six months. For your new campaign...

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 01 Oct 2017, 20:20

I tried looking into adding more heroes, but so far I only had luck enabling two unused portraits, Dead and Sleeping - these can be enables by renaming any of the Generic (keyword) heroes to Dead and Sleeping. Hexis even has a portrait packed in game, but so far we haven't found a way to enable it, as it's keyword isn't located in the exe file and any attempts to add it to the exe have failed. I'm not yet quite ready to abandon the hope of adding new heroes, but it's been a lot of dead ends so far. I asked Dalai a while ago, but he said they weren't able to add more heroes.
An alternative method if you're running out of classes, is to change any class/gender into the desired e.g. from Male Scout to Female Knight. That is rahter easy.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 01 Oct 2017, 20:23

I tried looking into adding more heroes, but so far I only had luck enabling two unused portraits, Dead and Sleeping - these can be enables by renaming any of the Generic (keyword) heroes to Dead and Sleeping. Hexis even has a portrait packed in game, but so far we haven't found a way to enable it, as it's keyword isn't located in the exe file and any attempts to add it to the exe have failed. I'm not yet quite ready to abandon the hope of adding new heroes, but it's been a lot of dead ends so far. I asked Dalai a while ago, but he said they weren't able to add more heroes.
An alternative method if you're running out of classes, is to change any class/gender into the desired e.g. from Male Scout to Female Knight. That is rahter easy.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 04 Oct 2017, 03:04

I don't understand how to activate them. I tried renaming them in editor and then launched the game, but the same old portraits and bios remained. Are there specific heroes you must use or some other procedure you must follow.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 08 Oct 2017, 15:25

You can use any hero.
Look at Taro's guide https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/17/16261 as it shows how to edit the table files.
When you open the tables.heroes.txt with TextEdit program just change any Gender or Class. E.g. You can turn Aglion into a Female Archer instead of Male Death Knight. If your attempts have been with the game Editor, then that's what you need to do differently.
I believe you know how to change portaits with the FaceTool.
I hope the video will give you the needed insight as how to proceed, it just a different table file.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 11 Oct 2017, 17:38

With the help of Radmutant69 on HC, we're doing progress :-D

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 03 Jun 2018, 18:08

So alot of objects are already done, with new shadows and lighting to match the mirrored angle. All Creature Banks (except for Labyrint) and most of the Creature Dwellings are presented below. I'll post the objects are I finish them and rechieve the imported objects from Radmutant. All objects are centered, entrances are mirrored as well as flag positions.
Feel free to give feedback. I tried my best to match how the shadows should look like, but I'm not a graphics artist, so sadly I can't match all objects 100%.

Chacham
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Chacham » 04 Jun 2018, 21:14

amazing job!

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 04 Jun 2018, 22:24

Chacham wrote:amazing job!

Return to “Equilibris”