Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Dess
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Unread postby Dess » 05 Apr 2018, 20:53

Daedros wrote:So, after thinking about how weak Regeneration is in M&M8, i'm wondering if it's possible to make Regeneration (spell, skill, and item property) regenerate a percentage of Max Health? Like Normal/Item Regeneration regenerates 1% Max Health every tick, Expert regenerates 2% Max Health per tick, Master regenerates 3% Max Health per tick, and Grandmaster regenerates 4-5% Max Health per tick. This would make the War Troll a viable tank alternative to the Champion, because while the Champion focuses on mitigating incoming damage, the War Troll focuses on regenerating it, and therefore could easily regenerate between fights on his own.
Also, i'm wondering if it would be possible to add a SP Regeneration ability to the Meditation skill? Like Normal Meditation/Item SP Regen regenerates 1% Max SP per tick, Expert Meditation regenerates 2% Max SP per tick, Master Meditation regenerates 3% Max SP per tick, and Grandmaster Meditation regenerates 4-5% SP per tick. This is on top of Meditation adding directly to the SP pool. This would help alleviate the problems that spell casters have when they run into hordes of monsters that have massive HP pools to burn through because of monster scaling.

Also, is there a "permanent" way to reduce your characters Age? I can't quite remember if M&M 6 had one, i remember that some of the older M&Ms did. It would be awesome if Rejuvenation Potions could "permanently" reduce your characters age by like 5. So if you're like Age 50, you can drink 5 Rejuvenation Potions, and go back to Age 25. Would also be great if Age affected Liches and Vampires/Nosferatus differently than other characters. High ages should actually increase a Lich's Intellect and Endurance, while increasing the Strength, Endurance and Speed of a Vampire/Nosferatu. The older they get, the more powerful they become.

Now I know this isnt what you were asking for, but I noticed that you can actually stack regeneration items on your character and recieve the benefit of them all. My knight had several regen items and recieved 5hp per tick, while my sorcerer could cast magic all day long after getting 4-5 mana regen items.

At least that's how things worked before the latest patch, might be a bug or a feature, Im hoping its a feature because it makes those items worth collecting again.

Bugs I have found:

*Castle Darkmoor and the rejuvenation potions cannot be drunk.

*The cloaks on the paperdolls seem to conflict with the armour after the patch, that wasnt the case before it.

*If you start with a "pure MM6 party" in Enroth, you cant get anything better than Basic disarm trap (Knight/Archer) without altering the files.

*Not a bug per se, but it FEELS as if time goes by a bit too fast? A 7 hour cast of regeneration lasts about half a dungeon now, when it used to be more than enough to clear it. I dunno, just a hunch, might also be a feature and not a bug. Though I would prefer if time didnt pass so fast, but still give me the ticks of regen in the same real time. Ie, in 5 minutes real time say I would have been experiancing 2 hours of "game time" in game, and gotten 10 regen "ticks", for example, those times are probably way off. I would love it if those 5 minutes of real time instead would be translated to about half of what it is now, so 2 hours "game time" becomming 1 hour, but still give out those 10 "regen ticks".

Again, awesome mod and support for it, talk about ressurecting a whole franchise.
Last edited by Dess on 05 Apr 2018, 20:54, edited 1 time in total.

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 06 Apr 2018, 09:19

It doesn't look like Weapon Recovery is hard capped at 30 for all characters. I have Cauri Blackthorne with 398 Speed (boosted to this level by gear and Day of the Gods), 31 Grandmaster Bow skill (23 base+8 from Fleetfingers), and the Herald's Boots which give her Swift, and she has a Recovery Rate of 4 for her ranged attacks. She literally shoots arrows out like a machine gun, completely obliterating anything within seconds. She's using a Noblebone Bow (Explosive Impact), so she can even mow down entire groups in seconds (even my own party if i'm not careful with how close she shoots). Without Fleet Fingers or Herald's Boots, she's at 32 Recovery. Fleet Fingers lowers her Recovery time by 8, and Herald's Boots lowers it by 20.
Every other one of my characters cap out at 30 Weapon Recovery. In the time that it takes the rest of my party to fire 4 arrows total, Cauri fires 7 (actually 14 due to the Master Bow ability) by herself.
Last edited by Daedros on 06 Apr 2018, 12:43, edited 6 times in total.

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 06 Apr 2018, 12:42

Just boosted my Priest of the Light's Light Magic skill some more, and now his Hour of Power spell puts Cauri Blackthorne at a Ranged Weapon Recovery of 0...she shoots out pairs of arrows like a gatling gun. Every other char is still capped at 30 Weapon Recovery. Although, i haven't seen Blazen Stormlance nor my Great Wyrms go below 50 Ranged Recovery, at least not in the merge version.
Last edited by Daedros on 08 Apr 2018, 05:16, edited 5 times in total.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 08 Apr 2018, 12:52

Hello. Patch link have been updated, some recent bugs fixed (cloaks, attack recovery), except mm6 black potions.
Added proper reward for additional cross-continent quest and modified behaivor of regeneration spell and skill. Crystals in mm6 dungeons can now be harvested with right amount of perception skill, I did not know about this possibility, thanks for noticing.

Links to German, Russian and Polish localizations added into first post, more details there. Thanks everyone, who sent me gamefiles.
Daedros wrote:Is there still a total Artifact cap?
No.
Daedros wrote:When i load my old, pre-merge saves (Lvl 255 Nosferatu), the Classes are all messed up (most show as "null"), and all the info in the Journal is missing, from Current/Completed Quests, Trainer Locations, etc.
Merged version is not compatible with original mm8 savegames.
Daedros wrote:Blazen Stormlance is starting off as a Lvl 50 Cavalier, and he can't be promoted to Champion by Jadame's Charles Quixote (Blazen used to start as a Lvl 50 Champion in base M&M 8)
Classes of hirelings fixed, but changes will appear only in new games, you can still promote these two on other continents.
Daedros wrote:It's not letting me make a Monk in the Might and Magic 7 start (Enroth).
What do you mean? Enroth is mm6 continent and Thiefs and Monks can not be chosen - noone can promote them there. At Antagarich i can choose them.
Daedros wrote:So, after thinking about how weak Regeneration is in M&M8, i'm wondering if it's possible to make Regeneration (spell, skill, and item property) regenerate a percentage of Max Health?
It sounds interesting, i've added this into today's patch, current formula is: "Skill level / 10 * Mastery + 0.5", so at 10 points grandmaster regenerate 4.5% per tick, also this skill will stack with Body Magic "Regeneration" spell, which works same way (Skill level and mastery of caster involved), so Troll can get 9% per tick with spell buff and grandmastery. Don't know how hard it will affect gameplay. Items still restore fixed amount of health.
Can not agree with same behaivor for mana regeneration. Spell costs always still same and if sorcerer will restore even 50 mp per tick, mana will lose any sense as resource that should be managed.
About age, it is logic reasons, but i don't know about Lich's and Vampire's buffs. Definetly "bonus age" from wraith's debuffs should not provide these stats boosts, since they are supposed to be result of a real experience, gained through all these years. But aside of bonus age I am not sure, player can play 30 years of game time to get at least 50 with his main character, what makes it pointless.
Last edited by Rodril on 08 Apr 2018, 12:55, edited 1 time in total.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 08 Apr 2018, 14:47

About attack recovery, melee attacks are indeed meant to never go below 30, but the lower limit for bow attacks has always been (interestingly) 5.

Andreas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Andreas » 08 Apr 2018, 20:14

First let me start by saying thanks for the efforts put into this project!
I am having trouble installing this - so I guess I'm doing something wrong.
Is it possible I am copying the game files to the wrong directory? Do they all go directly into the MM8 folder?

(I'm using windows 10, the gog version starts just fine. After I try to install this mod the game crashes though.
"Might and Magic 8 has stopped working", directly after loading intro)

EDIT: I think I just got it working. My failure was: The CONTENT of the Editor and Extension files need to go
into the MM8 folder, not the editor and extension folders as a whole.

EDIT2: First impression: Fantastic job you did there! /salute
Last edited by Andreas on 08 Apr 2018, 22:00, edited 2 times in total.

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 09 Apr 2018, 03:59

Rodril wrote: What do you mean? Enroth is mm6 continent and Thiefs and Monks can not be chosen - noone can promote them there. At Antagarich i can choose them.
My bad. For some reason i was thinking that Enroth was the MM7 continent. Been a very long time since i've played 6 and 7 (8 was always my favorite).
Rodril wrote:About age, it is logic reasons, but i don't know about Lich's and Vampire's buffs. Definetly "bonus age" from wraith's debuffs should not provide these stats boosts, since they are supposed to be result of a real experience, gained through all these years. But aside of bonus age I am not sure, player can play 30 years of game time to get at least 50 with his main character, what makes it pointless.
Yeah, i forgot that Wraiths were able to increase your age. I remember that Divine Intervention could do it. When i had gotten my Nosferatu playthrough up to Lvl 255 (i farmed the hell out of the Lord Arena) with base M&M8, my main chars age was like late 50s/60s by then, and he was beginning to suffer stat loss due to it, despite Vampires/Nosferatus being undead, and therefore should be immune to senescence. I had to use MM8che.exe to bring his current age back down to the 20s to avoid that. Vampires/Nosferatus and Liches should be at least immune to the negative effects of Age.

Anyways, i can't thank you enough for creating this merge mod and your continuing support for it. You're fulfilling my Might and Magic wishlist, and resurrecting interest in the best portion of the Might and Magic series.

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 09 Apr 2018, 09:53

Dragons/Great Wyrms are still not gaining AC from their Dragon skill.

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 10 Apr 2018, 02:36

Identify Monster seems to have broken since the latest patch. My Great Wyrm with Lvl 7 Master Identify Monster and a +25 ID Monster Ring cannot identify anything anymore, not even weak civilians/peasants in towns which Detect Life reveals they have just 4 HP.
Last edited by Daedros on 10 Apr 2018, 02:46, edited 2 times in total.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 10 Apr 2018, 10:38

Patch link updated, black potions in Darkmoor fixed (patch will take effect after map refill), dragon ability's bonuses and identify monster skill should work correctly now. I've noticed line shifts in localization files, redownload and reapply localization if you use it.
Dess wrote:*If you start with a "pure MM6 party" in Enroth, you cant get anything better than Basic disarm trap (Knight/Archer) without altering the files.
Added Expert for Warrior mage and Master for second archer's promotion.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 10 Apr 2018, 18:29

Only just finding out about it. Stoked as phuq, gonna try this out soon!

UnknownHuman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby UnknownHuman » 11 Apr 2018, 05:26

Great fun.

A few questions though.
1. Is there no limit to your Levels ?, like in MM6 ?
2. Can I put in over 1000 Monsters per map ? Tired of empty maps.

Cloak of the sheep doesnt work sad to say.

Great mod, keep up the good work.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 13 Apr 2018, 17:29

hi,

after the last update, my 3rd character suddenly was about 1173 years old.
with a normal mm8-editor ( i didnt save of course) i found out that the year of birth was set to 0 - all other chars had about year 1150-1155 set.

@rodril: maybe something got wrong with the last update? could you check plz?

thx
justl

edit: fixed it with a hexeditor in my save file. search for the name of the hero you wanna do it, scroll down until you can see the next hero beginning.
the age is below the 90 01 in hexeditor - see the 2 pics for reference
http://abload.de/image.php?img=damienyls1h.jpg
http://abload.de/image.php?img=emilshslz.jpg
Last edited by justl on 13 Apr 2018, 18:25, edited 4 times in total.
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 14 Apr 2018, 07:35

Found a Noble Plate Armor and Silver Belt on the ground in the southern marshes of Tatalia. When equipped, they don't appear on paperdoll except as a red circle with slash through it (prohibition symbol), with a light blue background.

Got a Bounty quest for a Giant Shark in Avlee, found it, and it was swimming through the air shooting ranged attacks at me. Was pretty hilarious.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 14 Apr 2018, 08:43

Daedros wrote: Got a Bounty quest for a Giant Shark in Avlee, found it, and it was swimming through the air shooting ranged attacks at me. Was pretty hilarious.
well ... at least you werent sent out to find a flying pig :-D
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)

UnknownHuman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby UnknownHuman » 14 Apr 2018, 08:43

There is NO immunity or Resistance to : Spirit, Dark, Light in the list of resistances ??

You dont get to see them.

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 15 Apr 2018, 02:15

UnknownHuman wrote:There is NO immunity or Resistance to : Spirit, Dark, Light in the list of resistances ??

You dont get to see them.
You've never been able to see your own Spirit/Light/Dark Resists as far as i can remember. With GM Identify Monster, you can tell what those Resists are on NPCs/enemies.
Was running around the Nighon Tunnels last night with 300+ in most Resists due to Day of Protection and 250+ Luck due to Day of the Gods, so i'm pretty resistant to most magic damage, when suddenly a Minotaur i was fighting cast Spirit Lash and took about 15-20% of my Great Wyrm's health, when he had 1,550 Max Health. That was a surprise. Only remember Vampires in Shadowspire casting Spirit Lash before. There's no way to increase your Spirit Resist from what i remember.
Last edited by Daedros on 15 Apr 2018, 02:19, edited 4 times in total.

Kane176
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kane176 » 15 Apr 2018, 04:57

Rodril wrote: Existing localizations:
German: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/takm1tpdq5ur ... DX3va?dl=0
- Texts and mm8 audio. Send me Audio.snd from mm6 and mm7 to localize sound as well.
Heere are the German Sounds

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjzpuQXABPYojk4GFkk8m3heA8Sh

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 15 Apr 2018, 09:12

Rodril wrote: Crystals in mm6 dungeons can now be harvested with right amount of perception skill, I did not know about this possibility, thanks for noticing.
hi,

how much perception would that need? lvl 7 at master level doesnt seem to suffice.

justl

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 15 Apr 2018, 11:06

Hello, patch link is updated. Only minor fixes this time and one little tweak for tests.
I've played through Regna with mage, cleric, dark elf and two fighters, all of them performed good except mage, he litteraly run out of mana after second encounter and became useless. One one hand, encounters were oblitterated very fast and other party members almost were not involved, so maybe I've used mage wrong, on other, what else he could do if 90% of sorcerer's spells are offensive? To bring him back in line i had to either exit dungeon and rest or continiously drink mana potions, it is ok, point which disturbs me is: he has three items for mana regeneration, each restores 1 SP per 5 min, it is 5 rounds in tactical mode, what makes him unable to cast even basic spells. I'm changing my mind about voiced idea about percent-based mana regeneration by meditation skill. Problem is, i don't know how run-out-of-SP situations supposed to be handled correct way, i did not notice basic mana regen in any MM (not even in MM10), how do you think, why developers of original games have not implemented it?
In this update i've made tweak: meditation restores SP, formula: SP = SP + FullSP*0.25*2^(Mastery-1)/100, so skill level affects only mana pool, mastery affects regeneration speed: 0.25% at basic level, 0.5% at expert, 1% at master, 2% at grandmaster. It should bring sense to investing skillpoints into meditation and since grandmaster meditation is exclusive for Warlock/Druid, it also shold make these classes more viable and uncommon: they will have biggest mana pool and regen rate (2%), what allows them to spam some spells, which weaker than analogs of Sorcerer/Cleric. And it is not that much to allow spam sharpmetal, for example. Tell me, if it this tweak breaks game or changes combat approach too much.
justl wrote:how much perception would that need? lvl 7 at master level doesnt seem to suffice.
Accidently I've set it to 10. Now it is 7 skill level, mastery does not matter.
justl wrote:after the last update, my 3rd character suddenly was about 1173 years old.
I have not found issue yet. What kind of character was it: the regular mm8 hireling, the one you create during party creation, or random hireling from tavern/training hall?
Also it is possible to fix this issue through debug console: press "ctrl+f1" to open it, type Party[*id of char starting from 0*].BirthYear = *Year of birth, 1150 for example* , press "ctrl + enter" to execute it.
Kane176 wrote:Heere are the German Sounds
Thanks, added to localization files, download again and reapply it.
Daedros wrote:Found a Noble Plate Armor and Silver Belt on the ground in the southern marshes of Tatalia. When equipped, they don't appear on paperdoll except as a red circle with slash through it (prohibition symbol), with a light blue background.
These armors does not have mm8 alike pictures, I'll replace them in next update.
Ha ha, sharks won't be targets for bounty hunt in non underwater areas anymore. Pity.
UnknownHuman wrote:1. Is there no limit to your Levels ?, like in MM6 ?
2. Can I put in over 1000 Monsters per map ? Tired of empty maps.
1 - I don't remember, either it 255 or unlimited.
2 - No, limit of monsters is 500 per map, it is possible to extend it, but even Plane between planes populated with just 223 monsters, does it require more?
Do you mean effect or pictures? I've added pictures for cloak of the sheep in today's update.

Return to “Might and Magic”