How do you mod spell attributes in MM7?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
darkdill
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

How do you mod spell attributes in MM7?

Unread postby darkdill » 06 Apr 2018, 23:17

I'm currently using Ludmeister's MM7 mod, but wish to tweak it for personal use. Part of that involves me wanting to change up certain spells like Lightning Bolt, Blades, etc, to gain bonus damage based on E/M/GM rankings. Unfortunately, using MM7View doesn't do that, and I don't know which program I would need to use to do this kind of tweaking.

Can anyone here help?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Re: How do you mod spell attributes in MM7?

Unread postby Xfing » 23 Apr 2018, 09:27

I second this, it would be good to know how to use it. Even Grayface could use it to fix instant spells on monsters in MM6 and 7. Instant (or "hitscan) spells don't work in these games when used by monsters. These include Paralyze, Mass Distortion, Implosion and such.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 23 Apr 2018, 14:56

I did not use any other tools except MMExtesnion and i don't know the way of direct modifiying spell's effects or behaivor, but MMExtesion generates table "spells2.txt" in "...Data\Tables" folder, some attributes can be modified there (delay time, SP cost). Modification of regeneration spell in merged version of game were made with "RegenTick" event, spell itself was not modified. I did not touch spell system at all, but probably spell handler is at 0x425ff4 in exe file.

darkdill
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby darkdill » 24 Apr 2018, 23:38

Well, I figured out how to edit the in-game attributes, but now I have a weird glitch.

In MM8, the Lightning Bolt spell's projectile is showing up as a completely white bar when used outdoors. I have no idea how to work with bitmaps, so I don't know how to fix this.
Last edited by darkdill on 24 Apr 2018, 23:50, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”