Modifying Mass Distortion to Always Hit

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Sakrasta
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Modifying Mass Distortion to Always Hit

Unread postby Sakrasta » 18 Oct 2017, 08:55

I rebalanced Might and Magic 6/7/8 to my liking, but there was one thing I was not able to change, which is Mass Distortion using the same hitchance formula as CC spells like Paralyze, Slow etc, which makes it completely worthless, because for example the chance to hit a Red Dragon would be only 24%. So the effective damage gets reduced twice, because of resistances both lowering the chance to hit as well as the damage it deals.

Is there a way to make Mass Distortion hit guaranteed, just like any other damaging spell is supposed to? (Using MMExtension)

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Re: Modifying Mass Distortion to Always Hit

Unread postby Macros the Black » 18 Oct 2017, 16:57

Make it deal energy damage?
Edit: never mind. I thought it acted as just a damage spell that could be resisted. :wall:
Last edited by Macros the Black on 18 Oct 2017, 17:01, edited 2 times in total.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 19 Oct 2017, 14:01

Well, that explains why that spell never seemed as great in-game as it did on paper . . .
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 21 Nov 2017, 12:01

Oh lol, first I tried it I thought it was bugged and didn't work at all so I never used it after concluding that :D My life has been a lie hahaha.

Return to “Might and Magic”