Dungeons

Mobile game by Jon Van Caneghem studio VC Mobile Entertainment. Beautiful offspring with Might & Magic touch. All your quests lead to adventure!
wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Dungeons

Unread postby wimfrits » 31 Aug 2017, 13:58

I invaded a Kreegan dungeon recently :D

And switched from a 3 to 5 level dungeon. I got attacked an absurd amount of times.. and suspect this is because of the number of levels
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 01 Sep 2017, 08:05

wimfrits wrote:I invaded a Kreegan dungeon recently :D
Who? :D
And switched from a 3 to 5 level dungeon. I got attacked an absurd amount of times.. and suspect this is because of the number of levels
Current dungeons allows basically two ways for defending: either you have many strong creatures to create a working synergy on the 5 waves (very few players can manage) either you empty the first wave of a 3 wave dungeon so attacker almost directly faces two Epics (usually stunlock =>nuke, Walrus or Beetle on bottom, Templar up).

Anyway soon we will have new dungeons and everything will change, check the news thread. :)
Last edited by Galaad on 01 Sep 2017, 08:19, edited 2 times in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 Sep 2017, 10:18

Apart from testing Galaad's in the past I avoided them. But ..truth is that they are being offered.

@wimfirts
Can you test my dungeon?

Most of my creatures are now fully awakened but not totemized. Have not so much totems to equip them with, even just power ones.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 01 Sep 2017, 10:49

Totems make a HUGE difference, do not hesitate to recycle a creature you don't have any use for anymore to get them back (if you spend any on it), they're a pain to farm.

PS. Medium (rare) token chests have a better rate on totems than Epic ones.
Last edited by Galaad on 01 Sep 2017, 11:08, edited 2 times in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 Sep 2017, 12:37

There dwell eighteen tricky creatures in my dungeon, to put totems on all of them means to get 9000 totems. Sweet total.

Have over two thousands invested, rest is waiting.

Considering the sheer numbers, cause you need to have also totems on your main team and some special units for swapping in Dungeon/Attack Team, you are safe, let just shoot from the hip, with distributing 13500 totems.

And you can considerably cut it down with specializing only on power and luck totems, which accidentally both can be found in "Bewitching Bayou" and also with grabbing tons of tokens from many basic quests and then use the "Rare" chest.

So at best I got about 100 totems daily = 135 days.

But not each day is may best, so avg could be about 30 daily, which just takes ..much longer.
450 days
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 01 Sep 2017, 13:50

@Pol. Checked your dungeon again.
Wave 1. Good. I would get rid of the vengeful demon. Little damage and I don't care much about silence in the first round. Ended at 80/80% mana/health
Wave 2. Needed to focus on butterfly first. Elephant hit hard. Ended at 80/80 again
Wave 3. Spent mana to prevent worm from acting. Ended at 50/90
Wave 4. Light and dark weren't primed, giving me time to kill them. Boarbarian allowed me to end at 100%.
Wave 5 is no problem for my Mr. Frosty.

My suggestions:
Replace the demon in wave 1 and the boar in wave 4. Boar is a weak hitter + healer.

@Galaad: I forgot who of HC Kreegans I invaded. Was at the end of the previous challenge.

@Pol, I see we're back to 2 again :)
Maybe it's time to join up with Galaad.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 01 Sep 2017, 14:10

Galaad wrote:Totems make a HUGE difference, do not hesitate to recycle a creature you don't have any use for anymore to get them back
Are you sure? I think recycling creatures does not refund the totems

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 01 Sep 2017, 14:41

wimfrits wrote: Are you sure? I think recycling creatures does not refund the totems
100% sure, recycling totemed creature gives you back totems.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 01 Sep 2017, 15:01

Great! I though I checked, but apparently check wrong. Just recycled some old units :D

Another question to you guys. Where to spend my 6 greater essences?

Currently I have only 3 dot bosses. And running the following main team:
lich (3) nuke, frost giant (3) stun, celestial sentinel (3) heal/rez, firebat (2) dispel, muse (2) cleanse/mend. Waiting for substitutes for the firebat and muse (acquired a minotaur yesterday that can replace the firebat for dispel). Also have a behemoth, banshee and angel in stock that I'm not using. I'm mostly lacking team buffs atm.

I'm dependant on tower #49 for new GE's. No way I'll end up in the high regions of Gold with my current dungeon materials.

I'm considering the following options:
- wait with spending GE until getting a 4 dot boss
- +40 mana on deathblow on the lich
- passive chance to stun and + stun duration for the frost giant
- passive chance to heal and party heal on death for the sentinel

What would you lucky 4 dot boss owning people do? :)

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 01 Sep 2017, 15:46

Bear in mind 3 dots are very viable in offense. All the Legs of my party are 3 dots. Also, next update will allow to fuse dots so you can safely invest in 3 dots. :)

You have Astral Watcher! Maybe hands down the best creature of the game? He needs awakenings though. You don't need Muse with him, you could replace her with the Angel but possibly having so many whites in team will become a problem when dark waves become stronger.
Yes replace the Firebat with Minotaur seems logical.
Behemoth is crap and Banshee is squishy although she can silence. Do you need silence?

I would suggest to spread your essences towards your chosen Legendaries and progressively push them to 105. Your choices in what to invest where is part of your strategy and honestly it depends on too many factors for me to be able to tell you "do this and not that", it takes long term reflection. But I can tell you for sure, none of your essences would be wasted on the Watcher. I don't have a Lich but I heard he is very good, he is possibly glass-canon? Then maybe prioritize him with Watcher but that is just what I feel instinctively and am not aware of a bunch of factors that can be relevant for you, depending on your playstyle and other creatures, which kind of battles you are more comfortable with etc

Also don't forget the next update is the biggest update the game ever had with Kingdom and Dungeon Challenge 2.0 so a lot of new things might come up so is possibly cautious to wait for it before doing anything drastic.
Last edited by Galaad on 01 Sep 2017, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 Sep 2017, 16:13

@wimfrits
Thanks. So, conlusion is that wave 1 is rather weak, because you shouldn't get to Boar - that one was here mainly for decoration. Ah, damn why they don't keep the layout?

I have many critters half done, so I need to complete at least one medium and that horned dragonling or something similar.

Seemingly is easier for me to build another Elephant or Lizard (and why not?) but it's also necessary to get other color variants, about the same "power level". And in 'Large ground' department I don't have them, ie not awakened.

Behemoth is good, Angel and especially Banshee are weaker. I don't know the awakening states of Mr.Frosty but it's either him or Celestial. Though I would pick Frosty. 3d Boss is good, you probably will never need more than two 4d Bosses in your team, or if you do you will have the same dots in their combos, so they would work like 3d anyway.

That mana is for whole team?

I have different bosses, so I don't know your awakening states. Mostly works to get them to lvl 105, ie to not level each member fully from the beginning but "as long as is suitable" to awaken him with two essences.

No, not yet. Although it's hard, representing CH just in two. The board should help us, to get more members, at least in theory.. (The in-game invites certainly doesn't help a bit.)

Edit1
Ah, Galaad you were faster again. That is your personal experience with Behemoth or assumption?
Last edited by Pol on 01 Sep 2017, 17:15, edited 2 times in total.
"We made it!"

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 01 Sep 2017, 16:53

Thanks guys. I'll spread some around then, starting with the watcher. And indeed, triggering 4 dot combos is not my intention. But a 4 dot dungeon boss would help a lot :)
Lich may be somewhat of a glass cannon. 11k hp, 10-20k dmg vs bosses (not counting whites).
The +40 mana is for the lich only I assume
Last edited by wimfrits on 01 Sep 2017, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 01 Sep 2017, 17:21

Pol wrote:Ah, Galaad you were faster again. That is your personal experience with Behemoth or assumption?
Personal experience against it, but I have one I didn't level up and saw it attacks at random... When facing him it felt like a scratch, is been ages I haven't seen one in the dungeons.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 Sep 2017, 20:29

Similar like me then, I also don't have one in stables. But I encountered it in Dungeons several times, and noticed that fully (or almost fully) awakened Behemoth attacks perhaps at random but with devastating power. The downside is, that he usually can attack in second, third turn but it could kill my all team at once.

So, as I see it, it's a random chance for a total death.
(Of course, usually you can kill him before that.)
"We made it!"

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 02 Sep 2017, 08:37

I have the Behemoth leveled to 80, but will refrain from leveling it further. Decent but unspectacular damage compensated by multiple short stuns. If I had a 4 dot one, I would consider using it in dungeon defense. Though the ones I encountered in dungeons were not that amazing.
Otherwise, the only real use I found for it was vs all yellow levels. But even then, I prefer a single target kill over a multiple damage/stun.

Started awakening the celestial watcher and it seems the on death heal passive is not working..? Is this a known error?
EDIT: No it seems it does work now. Maybe you need to restart the game or something after awakening.

Also tried to take revenge on AntAlex from HC Kreegans. But the toad got me :S
Last edited by wimfrits on 02 Sep 2017, 09:20, edited 2 times in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 04 Sep 2017, 21:02

I met two new types of Dungeons.

One is having 3 wave setup and Worm on the end and the second is a classic 5 waves with power up creatures (Sprite, Goose, Bee..). And that works!

But from the point of gaining prestige I like more the first one as these are easy money..
"We made it!"

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 05 Sep 2017, 14:13

Powerup units are a bit tricky though. E.g. an early triggering statue will be a pain, while a statue triggering in round 2 will allow an attacker to prolong the battle against remaining creatures and thus gain more mana.

Btw, while I was away my dungeon was brutally invaded by none other than Avonu! I came back to find all my peace loving creatures slaughtered :(

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 Sep 2017, 15:14

That was probably some teasing. The biggest problem here is, that Avonu don't wish to join any Guild. Because, being him with us, would solved that.

Wisp or Goose, as they can pump a mana (not only) to the dungeon guards and allow them triggering almost instantly special attacks. And with killing the fully awakened Wisp in the beginning you just do yourself a bad service, as with his death it's dispersed into mana..
Last edited by Pol on 05 Sep 2017, 15:58, edited 6 times in total.
"We made it!"

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 Sep 2017, 18:37

Okay, my "Flap Trap" did worked in the end. Got some free prestinge points. :D
"We made it!"

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 06 Sep 2017, 07:43

What's a flap trap?

I lost 40 ranks in the last hour, ending at 242. Was attacked over 15 times each day. That's just too much :)
I won't attempt anything serious on Gold any time soon

Return to “Creature Quest”