GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
thrakk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.0 [Sep 21, 2015]

Unread postby thrakk » 16 Aug 2017, 04:01

Anubis wrote:
The fountain gives the character 10 magic resistance points permanently and eradicates him at the character's first drink.
After that, it just eradicates him when he drink it.
Indeed. What he is saying, though, is that by the time he drinks from the fountain at Kriegspire, he doesn't get the +10 magic resistance. He's wondering if it's unusable after a certain point in the game, whether it be to skills, stats, time, whatever.
Bug in the original game IIRC. Somewhere in this thread I mention that there are two permanent attribute wells in this game for which you cannot receive a bonus if you already received a bonus from the other well. The wells mistakenly use a same variable in the game code... I found that section of code once and sent it to grayface.
Last edited by thrakk on 16 Aug 2017, 04:03, edited 1 time in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 16 Aug 2017, 21:48

thrakk wrote:Bug in the original game IIRC. Somewhere in this thread I mention that there are two permanent attribute wells in this game for which you cannot receive a bonus if you already received a bonus from the other well
Where is the other well? Is it the one in Blackshire east of town and past the Temple of the Snake? I've been doing my own playthrough (Four knights) and the fountain @ Kriegspire w/ +10 Magic Res worked for me. Got nothing from the Blackshire fountain though.

Also, there's a discrepancy with my 4x knight party. Three of my knights have 57 Might (base)...but my fourth knight only has 52 might. I've been distributing the points equally from stat barrels too, so I'm not sure what happened there. The only +5 perma-might fountain I know of is in White Cap, and I sure didn't give an Intellect potion to my fourth knight, or whatever stat potion subtracts might.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 18 Aug 2017, 07:38

[Removed]
Last edited by Anubis on 04 Sep 2017, 07:31, edited 1 time in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 04 Sep 2017, 07:26

The Monolith - My Arch Druid, with 196 personality, touched the "Evil Altar". The message, "+5 Personality granted to Druids and Clerics" appears, but nothing is given.

Vokial the Vampire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vokial the Vampire » 05 Sep 2017, 13:34

The horseman NPC still doesn't work while the sailor cannot fasten my stable travelling any more ,which seems to be uncomfortable when travelling to darkmoor(especially) and places beyond gate master's control in the first few weeks.
Also ,though the original MM6 works pretty well ,when running the TCC mod ,there is some trouble recieving the quest from seer ,there are only three "Greetings" instead of difficultie options .

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 06 Sep 2017, 18:20

@Vokial
What do you mean? The horseman NPC works for me. The effect of the horseman only applies when travelling via stables. As for the sailor, that hireling effect only applies when travelling by boat.

Stable hirelings: Horseman, Explorer
Boat hirelings: Sailor, Pirate, Explorer, Navigator
Map-crossing hirelings: Guide, Pathfinder, Tracker

Vokial the Vampire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vokial the Vampire » 07 Sep 2017, 16:46

Anubis wrote:@Vokial
What do you mean? The horseman NPC works for me. The effect of the horseman only applies when travelling via stables. As for the sailor, that hireling effect only applies when travelling by boat.

There's a bug in 1.0 version ,horseman cannot help with my stable travelling ,while sailor can ,which means sailor is available for both land and sea .After Grayface's attention ,sailors stopped providing this volunteer service .However ,he forgot to tell the horseman back to work :)

tomchen1989
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby tomchen1989 » 07 Sep 2017, 22:12

Vokial the Vampire wrote:
Anubis wrote:@Vokial

There's a bug in 1.0 version ,horseman cannot help with my stable travelling ,while sailor can ,which means sailor is available for both land and sea .After Grayface's attention ,sailors stopped providing this volunteer service .However ,he forgot to tell the horseman back to work :)
Both horseman and sailor bugs are fixed in official v1.1 patch. Check it again
Last edited by tomchen1989 on 07 Sep 2017, 22:24, edited 1 time in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 08 Sep 2017, 18:14

Also ,though the original MM6 works pretty well ,when running the TCC mod ,there is some trouble recieving the quest from seer ,there are only three "Greetings" instead of difficultie options .
You may have inadvertently installed the entirety of GrayFace's mod over TCC (the Chaos Conspiracy) files which definitely messes TCC mod up. During the installation of GrayFace's patch, there is a warning where the user has the option to 'unselect' part of the installation when installing over a big mod, such as TCC.

In my opinion, the best way to install TCC: Fresh install of MM6 (v1.1 patch) > TCC files > GrayFace's patch. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to install GrayFace's patch before installing TCC. I could be wrong!

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 10 Sep 2017, 08:18

Both horseman and sailor bugs are fixed in official v1.1 patch
How would one even upgrade to the official v1.1 patch?
Never mind. I guess GrayFace's patch includes the official v1.1 patches. That's good to know!
Last edited by Anubis on 11 Sep 2017, 09:21, edited 1 time in total.

tomchen1989
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby tomchen1989 » 12 Sep 2017, 11:17

Yes. 3DO/NWC has released two patches, 1.1 and 1.2, which are all included in Mok's and Grayface's patches.

GOG version is v1.2 + MP3 background music + one fix made by Mok (I don't remember which)

Simplified Chinese version is v1.0 and cannot apply official 1.1, 1.2, Mok's or Grayface's patch (that's why Vokial the Vampire talked about v1.0 which he compared with Grayface version)

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.1 [Aug 7, 2018]

Unread postby GrayFace » 07 Jul 2018, 19:15

Version 2.1
<< MM6 - MM8 >>
[+] 32 bit color support in windowed and borderless modes. Can be turned off by adding "SupportTrueColor=0" to INI. You can specify RenderMaxWidth and RenderMaxHeight options to limit maximum resolution of quality scaling if you experience problems with FPS. Hidden options ScalingParam1 (3 by default) and ScalingParam2 (0.2 by default) control crispness of UI scaling.
[+] BorderlessFullscreen option makes the game run in your standard resolution, stretched to full screen (with black borders when needed). Set it to 0 to disable.
[+] WindowWidth and WindowHeight options control window size in windowed mode. Value of -1 means calculate automatically based on aspect ratio.
[+] Movies are smoothly stretched to any window size. To turn off in old full screen mode, add "SmoothMovieScaling=0" to INI, for windowed mode add "CompatibleMovieRender=0" (not recommended!).
[+] Custom SND and VID archives that work just like custom LOD archives.
[+] TurnBasedSpeed (for monsters' turn) and TurnBasedPartySpeed (for party turn) can help you speed up the combat.
[+] When switching from mouse look to 'standard mode' the mouse would start at screen center if over 10 seconds have passed since last switch. Otherwise it will return to its last position. Number of seconds is controlled by hidden MouseLookRememberTime option.
[+] While right mouse button is pressed the mouse look is now deactivated, letting you easily check active spells, current time or perform an action by pressing left mouse button while still holding the right button. Set MouseLookWhileRightClick=1 to keep mouse look active.
[+] PlayMP3 option now supports WAV files in Music folder. WAVs always loop properly.
[+] Another approach to fixing chests: now chest contents are reordered to make most valuable items be put into the chest first. This can be disabled by setting FixChestsByReorder=0.
[+] Black potion isn't wasted if it has no effect.
[+] Infinite view distance in dungeons (monsters don't disappear when they are too far).
[+] FixInfiniteScrolls hidden option controls corresponding fix.
[-] Fixed problems with timers: timer countdown was reset if you visited the location before the timer period passes; in MM6, upon revisiting the map late into in the game, wells could be used a huge number of times; in MM8 timers not related to refill were working differently than in other games. Add "FixTimers=0" to INI to disable the fix.
[-] My bug: *.evt and *.str weren't loaded correctly from DataFiles.
[-] Monsters are unlikely to jump from a bridge into lava now. Hidden "MonsterJumpDownLimit" controls the height from which they won't jump (500 by default).
[-] Jumping height reduced a bit, because the party started jumping too high after movement rounding fix. Also, "FixMovement=0" hidden option added that returns vanilla movement.
[-] Blasters and some spells couldn't target rats.
[-] Crash with sprites with scale too small (happens with MM6HD).
[-] Town Portal wasting player's turn even if you cancel the dialog.
[-] EVT commands couldn't operate on unused Thievery skill.
[-] Crash on exit.
[*] Some options made 'hidden' to reduce INI clutter.
<< MM6, MM7 >>
[-] My bug: crash when loading custom LOD archives. (don't know how it even worked at all!)
[-] Out-of-bounds memory read in buy dialog when no player is active.
[-] Shops were buying blasters.
<< MM6 >>
[+] NoIntro option, just like in other patches. I figured this can be more convenient than "-nomovie" cmd line switch.
[+] PlayMP3 option now supports tracks in Sounds folder for compatibility with GOG version.
[+] Items stack vertically, like in MM7 and MM8 (add PlaceItemsVertically=0 to INI to disable).
[-] Scholar NPC wasn't giving +5% exp.
[-] +2/+3 weapon skill NPCs didn't effect weapon delay.
[-] My bug: Starburst and Meteor Shower range limitations still weren't accurate.
[-] My bug: Pressing CharScreenKey while holding right mouse button sometimes leading to a crash.
<< Fixes in maps >>
[-] Fixed missing dungeon/house hints in all outdoor locations (except Paradise Valley, it was fine).
[-] Fountain in Paradise Valley (outa2) was showing "+100 Power temporary" instead of "Refreshing!" when depleated.
[-] Fountains in Blackshire and Kriegspire shared the same "used" flag, drinking one was prohibiting you from drinking the other (one gives +5 Intellect and Personality, the other +10 Magic resistance).
[-] Kriegspire (outb1): One of doors on top of Castle Kriegspire didn't react to mouse. Superior Temple of Baa was entered in a wrong direction.
[-] Blackshire (outb2): Floating tree near the house with statuettes. Lair of the Wolf was entered in a wrong direction.
[-] Hall of the Fire Lord (d04): Locked chest wasn't openable if the trap detonated. Front facet of anther chest wasn't clickable.
[-] Dragoons' Caverns (d06): Better handling of chests with quest items. One of quest items wasn't obtainable if the chest was opened with an explosion. After obtaining quest items the chests were becoming duplicated.
[-] Snergle's Iron Mines (d09): Front of a Cabinet (event 77) didn't react to clicks.
[-] Dragoons' Keep (d10): Duplicated chest and unopenable cabinet fixed by Black Phantom. Better handling of the chest with Mordred dagger.
[-] Corlagon's Estate (d11): Better handling of the chest with the quest item.
[-] Warlord's Fortress (d16): Fixed duplicated chests. Better handling of the chest with the quest item.
[-] Agar's Laboratory (d19): Duplicated chests fixed (now the final chest has items, as intended).
[-] Temple of Baa (t1): Misaligned floor texture.
[-] Temple of the Moon (t5): One altar didn't increase Might of the last player only if it's below 50, another was giving +2 Luck to first player instead of +5. Fixed by Black Phantom.
[-] Superior Temple of Baa (t7): Fixed duplicated chests. Partially based on Black Phantom fix.
[-] Free Haven Sewer (sewer.blv): Rats were spawning in walls. Top of one chest didn't react to clicks. Richard Harp's exit was leading to a different house.
[-] Oracle of Enroth (oracle.blv): Problems of oracle screen with stars - often closing instead of opening.
[-] New World Computing (znwc): One door was moving a part of the wall when opened.
[-] Circus was removing all trophies when giving out Pyramids and Kegs of Wine.
[-] "Cloak of Baa" was given multiple times if you talked to Slicker Silvertongue again.
Last edited by GrayFace on 07 Jul 2018, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

thrakk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby thrakk » 12 Jul 2018, 02:28

Woah, I wasnt expecting a big update. Awesome work Grayface

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 12 Jul 2018, 06:08

*Orgasms*

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 17 Jul 2018, 13:33

Lovin' the patches! Too bad I can't get back to playing the games properly since the merge, so I wonder how to apply the new MM6 and MM7 patches to get their benefits.

chiyolate
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby chiyolate » 19 Jul 2018, 13:19

[+] Items stack vertically, like in MM7 and MM8
I haven't tried it but that's sweet!!!!!!!

Gonna replay MM6 again for sure! :D

Eh I don't understand why is it Aug 7, 2018 ?? :| is it a typo?
Last edited by chiyolate on 19 Jul 2018, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.

mib121
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.1 [July 7, 2018]

Unread postby mib121 » 01 Feb 2019, 02:41

Thank you for the wonderful patch of MM6.
I tried 2.1 and had a problem on the recovery of +2 STAT fountains.
For example, my team used the +2 Luck well for 8 times in NS and then trained on misty island. But the well did not recover.
I wonder when these +2 STAT fountains will recover after their depletion.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 01 Feb 2019, 08:18

@mib121 If I had to guess, the wells will replenish when the entire area respawns.

mib121
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mib121 » 02 Feb 2019, 00:41

Anubis wrote:@mib121 If I had to guess, the wells will replenish when the entire area respawns.
if it were true, it will be a long long time. thank u

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 26 Feb 2019, 13:18

@GrayFace - I've been thinking of the monsters' stealing mechanics in MM6 (I don't remember if it was possible in MM7 or MM8) and I'd just like to throw a suggestion out there about that.

I'm not exactly sure how the monsters' stealing mechanic works - if it just steals something in your inventory or steals from both inventory and what your character has equipped. Can the monsters steal more than once? Are they able to steal artifacts/relics/quest items? I dunno, but here's my suggestion:

For a monster that is able to steal - make it so they can only steal one item max. Upon killing that monster, the item that was stolen should be lootable off the corpse. I imagine you'd have to edit their loot tables so they only drop gold + the stolen item. I imagine that'd give the user more gratification upon killing them and looting their stolen item back instead of having to reload the entire fight.

Return to “Might and Magic”