Talk about the weather

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Talk about the weather

Unread postby Pol » 13 Jan 2017, 21:06

Balanced is doubled edged word. But here is not so cold, just wait for Summer and you will have what I absolutely hate. Hot weater, live up to standard 35-44°C. For three weeks or longer, that's just from last period these hot waves. Normally there si like 28°C and few above but with hot winds from Africa..

When I was young the weather was different, for a few days up to 39°C (guessing, yes) and he summer was interrupted by wave of rains. That's no more. It switched. Also a lot more snow in the winter, of course.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 16 Jan 2017, 13:32

Same here, weather has been changing drastically at some places, ever hotter or colder.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 29 May 2017, 18:41

Hot. Too hot. It's May and we have 30° temperatures. Feels like grilled pig..
Last edited by Pol on 29 May 2017, 18:44, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 29 May 2017, 19:16

We had 27ºC last friday, a bit unusual for mid-autumn. But the unusual climate is now becoming the usual thing, it seems. It's 24-25 right now, after 2 days of almost uninterrupted raining. Detail: it's mainly raining on weekends ...

Annnd a couple of hours later, a tempest is building out there. :canthear:
Last edited by Panda Tar on 29 May 2017, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 May 2017, 23:51

I can beat that. We've had 29ºC here in my town, but at the same time we had snow in the north of the country. Awesome, huh? :-D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 21 Jun 2017, 21:39

The hot wave surge continues, although there were some weaker days, most noticeably over weekends, when temperature went down and it was event raining. Still this is about month sooner than it should be.

Some scientist study say, that in year 2030 we may have like +4°C overall. That's a lot, this is mediterranean country, with temperature rise we will be shifted toward equatorial places, like are Spain or Italy.

Of course, in mountains, temperatures will be cooler but here in town all that heat is accumulated.
:(
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 22 Jun 2017, 16:22

2030 is actually around the corner. :nervous:
Last edited by Panda Tar on 22 Jun 2017, 16:23, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 29 Jun 2017, 07:12

Temperatures dropped, there was a rain overnight. The rain over day wasn't convincing, the drops were happy if they touched the hot surface (asphalt). So weak it was. Night rain was a success though!
Last edited by Pol on 29 Jun 2017, 07:13, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 10 Jul 2017, 16:42

Another summer's day in the winter. Actually, temperatures haven't really dropped this winter. :sweat:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 10 Jul 2017, 20:09

You have now winter? There's summer. And that means, at least this year again, hot weather around 40°C combined with some rains and temperature drops to 20°C, ..so you may caught cold.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 15 Jul 2017, 20:54

Of course it's winter here, Pol. Different hemispheres have opposite seasons. Although it's summer here when it's Christmas, it's just later in life when we start to make sense of Santa and all the snow theme related to Christmas. :D

On Monday, it's said that temperatures will finally drop, drop a lot, at the looks of it. Below zero temperatures are expected at some cities. Still, today it was 24ºC here. Cold weather will hit tomorrow night, with the wind.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Jan 2018, 18:54

Total snowmageddon here the last couple of days. Yesterday, the trip home (which normally takes 10 minutes) took 1 hour and 15 minutes due to queues and people getting stuck. This morning, I got up at 6 a.m. to clear more snow in my yard, but at 7:30 the snowblower stopped working so I had to give up and take the bus to work. The local train station had to close and the whole city was complete chaos. Power went out in several cities. See pictures in this news story. The neighbours managed to clear the most of the rest of the snow while I was away, and I just spent another hour or so helping out with the finishing touches as well as clearing the road further down the block. Eventually, the snowblower (which is 20 years old) said good night and I don't think I'll be able to get it going again, so now I'll go look around for a new one to buy.

Global warming, yes please ...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 Jan 2018, 11:57

Global warming is here, you need to shift a bit to the center of Europe! :D

There's almost not snow (with exception of mountains), temperature is over zero degreees, so inspite today snowing in the moring, it was raining, when it touched the earth.

The photos are cool, like on our mountains, ..some other year.

The non-existence of snow and low number of cold days means that lot of people is having virosis or flu. The desinfection by freeze doesn't work.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 01 Feb 2018, 17:05

Summer here is going fairly. We had no extreme heat yet (temperatures are ranging from 25-33ºC), but we had unusual rains and flooding, including here where I live – almost a foot of water invading our company, but minor damage. The last days were of very sunny days with cloudy nights or those sudden downpours. Steady weather until Saturday or Sunday.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 02 Feb 2018, 22:20

Pol you use the Norwegian weather stations website in Chezch republic? Wow it's really well renowned..
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 02 Feb 2018, 22:38

Yes, it is.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 05 Apr 2018, 14:21

Autumm is already here, but the heat won't leave. :sweat: Yesterday night it almost fooled me. We had a very nice cooling night, temperatures around 18-20ºC and a draft. Then, out of the blue (literally, with this spotless sky), 32ºC with a very intense sun right now. Almost the same as yesterday. The hottest days this year were at the end of Summer and beginning of Autumm.

I went about my way when getting a tan to take photos of flowers here and there, hohoho, as a contrast of training-only content in my Instagram.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 Apr 2018, 15:09

Well, two weeks back we had snow, now we have almost summer weather. But maybe that snow is not completely over.. :P
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Apr 2018, 17:17

Today, I was on my bed, just after waking up, then we simply had an earthquake. :nervous:

Never really felt one, so when the tremor started, I sort of thought it was a truck or something heavy driving past outside, it was also so fast, around 3"-4". But I only noticed because I was sort of calm, sort of silent and immobile. 3,6 RS. These small disturbances happen every once in a while around my country, but mostly are due the propagation of forces coming from the Andes. Although this one had its epicenter 100 kms into the ocean from the coast of the island where I live, the strongest identified in the last two years on the South.

And it's getting hotter still. Autumm is just waving at us, from somewhere far, far away. :sweat:
Last edited by Panda Tar on 13 Apr 2018, 17:23, edited 3 times in total.

Glenn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Glenn » 29 May 2018, 07:16

Panda Tar wrote:Another summer's day in the winter. Actually, temperatures haven't really dropped jackpot247 app for android winner. :sweat:
I like those days.
Last edited by Glenn on 31 May 2018, 06:37, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Campfire”