Ubisoft Support Answers

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
NurDas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NurDas » 20 Jun 2007, 19:24

I posted this to the ubisoft tech help forum, but noone has answered yet, so I thought maybe somebody here can help:

"Problem: Game crashes in the main menu screen. It takes a minute or two until it hangs, usually restarting the computer (on one time it didn't but then I had do do it manually, because the computer stopped responding). Sometimes I get some weird glitchy graphics too, sometimes black screen when it hangs. Sometimes there's a whole screen error message which I can't read, because it disappears in a second and then the computer restarts.

I have the base game version 1.5.
Interestingly the demo worked fine.

Win XP Professional
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
512 MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT
Realtek AC97 Audio

I tried to update the drivers of my graphic card, motherboard and sound card and think I managed with it.
I also cleaned the computer from dust in case the problem was overheating.

Still the same, any advice?"

Edit: I also upgraded DirectX files and reinstalled the game, nothing.

I've been a casual Heroes player for a long time (mainly H3), but got a Heroes V disc only now. It's also been quite a long time habit of mine to read these forums, since before HV was out, but haven't been posting much since I didn't got the game. Anyway, I was aware of the porblems with HV and it seems I've been hit hard by them. :ill:
But I still hope there is a way to get it work and I can finally try this game properly out.
Is there someone to help out a long-time silent member? ;)

lord_demion
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Game crashes in battles versus skirmishers

Unread postby lord_demion » 24 Jun 2007, 13:54

Hello: I have installed heroes of fate and suddenly I have problems with the game crashing during battles. It seems to happen most commonly in battles versus skirmishers. (I suspect there is something to do with the animations, it typically crashes when I just attacked a stack of them.)

Does anyone know why this would happen?

jimt
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: going online

Unread postby jimt » 13 Jul 2007, 18:21

hungdragon wrote:well i do the whole cd key and everything including my username and password and it says play a multiplayer game over the internet via ubi.com website answer would be much appreciated :]
The answer to this should be on a sticky as it seems a ridiculouly common problem.

To prevent isssues with various versions the game kicks you out of ubi.com if you don't have the latest patch (v1.5 or v2.1).

So if you have v1.0
download patches 1.4, 1.41 & 1.5 then update all three.

This worked for me unfortunately I still ahve connectivity issues.

Darn!

farius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

window mode?

Unread postby farius » 05 Oct 2007, 22:36

hi, after some time i reinstalled heroes5+hof and wanted to play!
but this time it just want to start up in window mode, not fullscreen and i have no chance to make it fullscreen, i downloaded the newest patch via auto update, the game also run perfectly fine on my pc...does anyone have a clue why the game wont work properly this time?

Gezz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gezz » 31 Jul 2008, 19:19

Hi, I bought Heroes V Gold Edition, which includes both expansions. It came in a jewel case without any printed manual. So, I can't find any online key, which is supposed to be printed on the manual. Where do I go from here? I tried to write ubisupport, but that page just refused to load.... :disagree:

kobalt
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kobalt » 17 Jan 2009, 17:42

hi, it's mi first time on a forum, and my english is not so good, I have a problem: I've deleted the object contained in this file by mistake {20071984-5EB1-4881-8EDB-082532ACEC6D} and now HOMM5 won't install What can I do? I've tried adding "OLD" at the end of the file name but it still doesn't work( i think it's because I deleted whatever it contained). I hope you guys can help me out... :ill:

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 17 Jan 2009, 17:56

I don't understand what you did at all...

You deleted what precisely? A file in data.pak?

You can't install the game or can't run it?

I simply can't find any {20071984-5EB1-4881-8EDB-082532ACEC6D} file for installation required...
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Uncle JR
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

User Made Maps

Unread postby Uncle JR » 30 Apr 2009, 22:34

Where am I supposed to put any user created maps I download?

I just can't seem to find a place for them that the program will recognize.

(I currently have all 3 games)

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 30 Apr 2009, 22:56

In the maps folder that you either create yourself or automatically create by launching the map editor.

Uncle JR
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Uncle JR » 01 May 2009, 10:22

I know the map is there, I just can't access it from the program.

When I try to load up a custom map, the list is empty.

I've even created a couple of random maps but they don't show up.

Is there something I need to set so that the game knows these maps are there?

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 31 Jul 2009, 14:10

It could really help to add an own forum, considering technical difficulties, bugs etc for each HoMM, M&M etc game index.

Ok, got my new kick ass lap top today. So I decided to test run HoMM 5. Took out the one disk containing both HoMM 5 and Hammers of Fate from my Complete edition pack. I choosed not to install DX 9.0c, since I thought DX 10.0 would handle anything.

I couldnt be more wrong!

Is it worth installing 9.0c for use of newer games?

I cant believe its my graphic card, GeForce GT 130M. After the list I trust, its a class 2 Graphic card, wheres 1 is the best.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 31 Jul 2012, 15:45

I used the same logic (10 should work) but spent some green to boot. A PC maestro told me that adding 9; added to the DX-folder that games seek. He knew what he was talking about... I've had no problems.

MackSword
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Ubisoft Support Answers

Unread postby MackSword » 17 Jun 2017, 21:38

I reinstalled Heroes of might and magic 5; Hammers of fate in Windows 10 but now there is no autosave.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 19 Jun 2017, 08:46

I'm always shocked when I read people use Windows 10.
Put 7 back and you'll have autosaves. :P

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 19 Jun 2017, 10:06

@MackSword
What about normal saves, these works ok?
In what folder you have the game installed?
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “Heroes V-VI”