Creature Quest - A short introduction and small battle guide

Mobile game by Jon Van Caneghem studio VC Mobile Entertainment. Beautiful offspring with Might & Magic touch. All your quests lead to adventure!
Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Creature Quest - A short introduction and small battle guide

Unread postby Galaad » 04 May 2017, 19:22

JVC's new adventure - Creature Quest

Creature Quest is a game where you literally quest for (500+!) creatures with turn-based combat.
The game itself has three main sections, the quests, where you loot resources and items from an adventure map to evolve and upgrade your creatures (not without challenging fights!), the battle tower, where you farm creatures and all types of resources, and the dungeon challenge (semi-PvP), where you fight against dungeons set-up by players against AI and can win some of the game's best creatures as rewards in the rankings among other goodies.

There is a also other ways to get new creatures which are summons. You can summon common and rare creatures with tickets and any type up to Legendary (purely luck dependent) with diamonds. You can purchase diamonds with real money but the game is quite generous with them and you can do just fine and even better than some payers in the long run if you're F2P purist, but you need to be patient. :)
While there is different tiers of creatures, thankfully the game mechanics allow you to beat stronger creatures than yours with decent knowledge of how things work, and as such I decided to make this small battle guide. :)

Galaad's pocket Battle Guide

Basically, you have two crucial things to understand and make work with your parties to succeed in fights (be it single or multi): Color counters and combo multipliers. You also have two different kinds of attacks per creature, the normal attack and its special. The special deals much higher damage and depending on your creature abilities can trigger various buffs/debuffs/crits/heal/cleanse/protection etc, affecting either one, a few, a row, or everyone (ofc beneficial goes for your party and offensive against enemies). When it is a creature's turn, you can either do one or the other attack, but not both. Once a creature acts, its dots will convert into mana. Similarly, a creature of a certain alignment will steal all dots from other creature from your party that correspond to its alignment, a nature creature will steal nature dots, a fire creature fire dots etc (these dots can be rerolled for a fee). While doing so, the dots that have been stolen from the creature starts to trigger the multiplier, and once all dots of a creature has been stolen by others to feed their mana, it activates their combo. If you pay attention to my party below you will notice each party member can trigger a x8. The Dark Elf being a four dots can potentially get a x16 but it lacks the yellow.

What interests us is the color of the dots and see how they are corresponding to the party members, as you can see, each party member can trigger x8 depending on the situation and how I plan my attacks turns (the small numbers in front of enemy creatures means in how many turns they will act).
Depending on the amount of dots a creature may have it will not only give more mana but also grant a higher multiplier. One dot will give a x2, two a x4, three a x8, and four (the maximum possible) a x16. In the picture below, both my Archmage and Dark Elf multipliers are activated since I chose to act first with the required alignements, aka the Muse, Forest Guardian and Phoenix.

Additionally, when a creature gives a fatal blow the one acting next will get bonuses in the multiplier, in the picture below, the Archmage killed two creatures at once with Chain Lightning so the Dark Elf multiplier went up from x8 to x10. Notice a small triangle on the top left squirrel? That is because I tapped the creature I chose to target, carefully choosing which creature you attack can be vital in dungeon challenge.

Some colors are strong against some and weak against others, here is how it goes:

For successful attacks on tought battles you will need to make good use of this, via a correct timing in creature turns, color counters and mana management.

I hope that guide is helpful to beginners and if you have any question just ask. :)
Last edited by Galaad on 08 May 2017, 07:14, edited 3 times in total.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Creature Quest - A short introduction and small battle guide

Unread postby Avonu » 05 May 2017, 05:52

Two basic things to add/clarity:
1. To have a chance to active max combo metter (for example x16 for 4 DoTs), you need creature which have different DoTs colours - so no duplicates (no 2 whites in Dark Elf case).
The multiplier provided by Combo Dots is dependent on the number of UNIQUE colors present in the Combo Dots. For example, if a Creature has 2, 3 or 4 Combo Dots but all the Combo dots are the same color, the maximum combo that creature can obtain is a 2x Multiplier.
2. You can focus your team attacks on targeted enemy creature by tapping it.

Tips and tricks from developers
Last edited by Avonu on 05 May 2017, 05:56, edited 2 times in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 May 2017, 07:21

Of course.

Another tip is to use special creature. For healing, defense, mana abundance.

Also it's good to mention that you can reroll your dots for a fee.

Harvesting resources is another big topic.

Bad is, that I will need to implement your comments to news as well...

But more is better I guess.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 05 May 2017, 07:30

Avonu wrote:Two basic things to add/clarity:
1. To have a chance to active max combo metter (for example x16 for 4 DoTs), you need creature which have different DoTs colours - so no duplicates (no 2 whites in Dark Elf case).
Galaad wrote:. If you pay attention to my party below you will notice each party member can trigger a x8. The Dark Elf being a four dots can potentially get a x16 but it lacks the yellow.
Avonu wrote:You can focus your team attacks on targeted enemy creature by tapping it.
Yes that is very important indeed, I've added it. Sometimes we tend to forget the most obvious things. :)
Pol wrote:Also it's good to mention that you can reroll your dots for a fee.
Right, added as well.
Last edited by Galaad on 05 May 2017, 07:33, edited 1 time in total.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 05 May 2017, 08:19

@Galaad
Yes, I read that. I just wanted to clarify, because you rather off-mention this feature, than explain it.
I didn't understand DoTs mechanics for some time, even with help from other players - it's not that simple to learn without a little practice.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 05 May 2017, 08:33

Tbh I don't really understand what's not clear in previous sentence either:
Galaad wrote:Once a creature acts, its dots will convert into mana. Similarly, a creature of a certain alignment will steal all dots from other creature from your party that correspond to its alignment, a nature creature will steal nature dots, a fire creature fire dots etc (these dots can be rerolled for a fee). While doing so, the dots that have been stolen from the creature starts to trigger the multiplier, and once all dots of a creature has been stolen by others to feed their mana, it activates their combo.
Then Idk with the pics below it looks crystal clear to me... How would you explain it?
Last edited by Galaad on 05 May 2017, 08:34, edited 1 time in total.

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 05 May 2017, 13:07

I've decided to upgrade my Samsung Galaxy S2 into a Samsung Galaxy S8+ 64 GB. I've had the S2 for three or four years or more, and after spending a whole evening trying to get my phone numbers off the S2 so I could reset it to factory defaults and free up space (I had misplaced my data cable so I couldn't use the Samsung software to backup my stuff) I decided to just get a new phone.

I will only pay a little more each month for the existing plan + new phone payment + insurance, plus I get a great new phone I can play Creature Quest on! In fact, this game was a big part of the reason to upgrade my old phone.
Last edited by Steven Aus on 05 May 2017, 13:10, edited 1 time in total.
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 May 2017, 16:49

I won't upgrade, but.. having just 1GB RAM, means that you can be running only the game. 2GB would return me to multitasking world.
Last edited by Pol on 05 May 2017, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 17 May 2017, 15:49

I played on two separate days with my new phone, but then I heard that youngsters have been developing hunched skeletons by playing on mobiles and tablets a lot, so I sent an email regarding this to VC Mobile Entertainment, and will not play again unless they release a Windows version (I will be fine either way, but of course if they don't make PC versions then I won't play any more, and definitely won't buy any more). Even after long sessions on two separate days, I had a really sore neck from looking down so much. I know a Windows mouse-based version (and possibly a Mac and Linux version) will not remove the clicking, but at least it will remove the hunched down position you have when you use a phone a lot.

Anyway, it is a personal stand that I am taking. Otherwise the game is very good (and I have spent some money on it ;) ).
Last edited by Steven Aus on 17 May 2017, 15:56, edited 4 times in total.
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 May 2017, 18:45

@Steven Aus
Never thought of. Naturally I put it on my table, with monitor and play here. All together it's over half hour a day, so it's a real quickie. That all divided into two parts, early morning "caffe pause" and "brunch pause".

PC game would need to be bigger, this is small format victory, also perhaps on some console. Yes, it's click fest but in my younger days I was schooled by SC and Descent, so no biggie here. (Of course I wouldn't catch on these games nowaday.)
Last edited by Pol on 17 May 2017, 21:12, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 18 May 2017, 02:37

On the two days I played it I was playing a lot longer than half an hour a day. Anyway, I honestly don't mind, I just would like to play it longer than just half an hour, so I guess I will leave it for now.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 May 2017, 06:35

The reason for (just two) batches is speed autorecovery. Because if you exhaust the speed you can do only (5) challenges when visiting rank-matching dungeons. And then buy five more to store them in mail.

This is "short" game, in my opinion.
"We made it!"

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 08 Jun 2017, 06:52

Pol wrote:The reason for (just two) batches is speed autorecovery. Because if you exhaust the speed you can do only (5) challenges when visiting rank-matching dungeons. And then buy five more to store them in mail.

This is "short" game, in my opinion.
Arrgh, having a higher level now - it wants a more time, let say twice as much. Need to say that I don't have it, so I'm varying between half a hour and hour a day. Skipping completely when there are other things to do. :p

But the daily return urge is high here, thanks to reward system - JVC master mind is strong here!
"We made it!"

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 15 Jun 2017, 17:48

Steven Aus wrote:On the two days I played it I was playing a lot longer than half an hour a day. Anyway, I honestly don't mind, I just would like to play it longer than just half an hour, so I guess I will leave it for now.
Energy is hard at beginning but leveling goes fast, on high levels you end up having too much energy, adding from your base and dungeon rewards and level up rewards, save on diamonds at first to buy the extra energy packs, try to time your leveling also so it chains. If for some reason you have too much energy while close to leveling up and don't want to lose it, farm the Battle Tower.

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 10 Feb 2018, 08:41

Oh, times have changed. I don't have any issues with playing CQ now. :)

Return to “Creature Quest”