Creature Quest - Units

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Re: Creature Quest - Units

Unread postby Panda Tar » 30 Apr 2017, 01:26

I won't cheat, but that might be ... Water Elemental Lord. I was going for Wet Water Elemental, but there's not such option. :D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 30 Apr 2017, 07:13

Correcth. :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 May 2017, 18:42

In the screenshots I attempt to follow traditional Might & Magic creatures, there's them aplenty. After all it's Creature Quest. :D

@Galaad
When you will be ready either you may start a new topic in "Hall of Heretics" (I assume that JVC won't mind but he sold the brand to keep us himself) or I can create News. That depends on how you put it.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 01 May 2017, 19:17

Pol wrote:@Galaad
When you will be ready either you may start a new topic in "Hall of Heretics" (I assume that JVC won't mind but he sold the brand to keep us himself) or I can create News. That depends on how you put it.
To be completely honest I would like to throw it into the Might and Magic section for symbolism even if is not OFFICIALLY a Might and Magic game... but I mean, it just screams Might and Magic all over the place. So I don't know, but if you think it's a problem I guess News will be fine. OTOH, selling the rights to Ubi WAS some sort of heresy... :devil: ... I let you decide. Sorry for the delay, RL is taking most of my energy recently but I haven't forgotten and will do it hopefully soon enough, thanks for patience. :)
Last edited by Galaad on 01 May 2017, 19:21, edited 2 times in total.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 01 May 2017, 20:00

Pol wrote:I assume that JVC won't mind but he sold the brand to keep us himself
IIRC JVC wanted to buy some of MM brand rights from bancrupting 3DO, but they wanted to sell whole package and he simple couldn't pay for it... or something like that. And then Ubisoft went into play.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 01 May 2017, 20:12

And screwed up with everything. As usual. :P
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 01 May 2017, 21:40

Avonu wrote:
Pol wrote:I assume that JVC won't mind but he sold the brand to keep us himself
IIRC JVC wanted to buy some of MM brand rights from bancrupting 3DO, but they wanted to sell whole package and he simple couldn't pay for it... or something like that. And then Ubisoft went into play.
Damn it mate why didn't you tell that to Stevie when he was saying load of crap on the subject.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 02 May 2017, 09:54

First of all, I'm not your partner, nor I'm in a Navy, so please, stop calling me your mate. :tongue:
Second, I don't read all of HC's posts.
Third, I am only one who remember JVC's explanations? 8| I think he mention it in a interview not so long ago.
And fourth, as much as I think Creature Quest has MM spirit, it's unfortunately not a (Ho)MM game. It's the same case as with King's Bounty - it's precursor to HoMM saga but it's not a HoMM game.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 02 May 2017, 11:19

Avonu wrote:First of all, I'm not your partner, nor I'm in a Navy, so please, stop calling me your mate. :tongue:
Mate is a rather friendly term you can use with people you have some kind of appreciation for, but you just lost it now. :P

And btw, no one said it was a HOMM game, but I don't care of the owner of the IP, this does not matter to me, Ashan is UTTER GARBAGE and so is everything related to what UBI did IMO (spare tote mechanics but THAT'S IT), so I will recognize Might and Magic where I see it and not according to what is written on the package, cheers.
Last edited by Galaad on 02 May 2017, 11:23, edited 2 times in total.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 03 May 2017, 09:19

Galaad wrote:but you just lost it now. :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzfkxAC-Bw8

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 04 May 2017, 14:10

@Pol

So I reread what I did and it might be finished, I just need to append the pictures, I'll do that tonight and will send it to you via PM or I'll just paste it here so you can publish wherever you think it fits best.

Edit: Well in the end I couldn't resolve myself to post it elsewhere than in the MM subforum, all the rest is on your responsibility!
Hope you like the guide.
Last edited by Galaad on 04 May 2017, 19:23, edited 2 times in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 May 2017, 07:15

You couldn't resist when you should!

Yes I like it, it's complete now? If yes, I will make a news from it tomorrow.

There are just two options: News or Hall of Heretics.

I'm also thinking about third possibility, but that one would require more people who are interested in the game, ..that would be worthy to check.

Galaad thank for your guide!
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 05 May 2017, 07:34

Glad you like it!
For me it is complete as it covers the essential basics, but we can always find little things to add here and there, maybe we wait a bit to see if more people will comment/add stuff before you publish in the news?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 May 2017, 09:55

Okey, then. But I cannot shake off the feeling, that there is just three of us.
"We made it!"

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 05 May 2017, 11:07

Hm, I just noticed google doesn't find the thread. :(
I don't know how the google search actually works, many people came in the HC thread from google, as this one shows up first page when typing "creature quest", while even when I type "creature quest introduction" "creature quest guide" or even the exact title of my thread here it doesn't show up. Maybe you need to do something for referencing with google or I don't know?
Guess I will try to link both forums somehow, probably best is after you post it as news so this one gets the hits.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 05 May 2017, 14:39

Pol wrote:Okey, then. But I cannot shake off the feeling, that there is just three of us.
I could cheer for you, guys, if that would suffice. :hug:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 May 2017, 16:46

Galaad wrote:Hm, I just noticed google doesn't find the thread. :(
I don't know how the google search actually works, many people came in the HC thread from google, as this one shows up first page when typing "creature quest", while even when I type "creature quest introduction" "creature quest guide" or even the exact title of my thread here it doesn't show up. Maybe you need to do something for referencing with google or I don't know?
Guess I will try to link both forums somehow, probably best is after you post it as news so this one gets the hits.
No, I see it fine. Upon entering: "Creature Quest Units" - the first two results:
Celestial Heavens - Creature Quest - Units
https://www.celestialheavens.com › PoTD
CH ->; PoTD ->; Creature Quest - Units. Creature Quest - Units. Print. Posted 18 April 2017: by Pol. CQ 2. Can you guess creature's names? Hits: 372
Creature Quest - Units - The Heroes Round Table - Celestial Heavens
https://www.celestialheavens.com › ... › Screenshots
Přeložit tuto stránku
18. 4. 2017 - Celkem příspěvků: 8 - ‎Počet autorů: 3
I can gladly do that if you give me a few days, I've been playing this game 4 hrs a day in average for the last 3 months so I can certainly include ...
It works, although it could work better. I think that site is reindexed by Google avg. once per 4 days, probably should re-check.
"We made it!"

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 May 2017, 16:47

@Panda
Any tickling to try the CQ?
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 05 May 2017, 17:02

I often even forget to charge my smart phone. That's the amount of notice I take regarding it every day. I just use it to communicate, whenever I remember, to some people. Really not my thing playing on smart phones. :ashamed:

I would try it, I think, if it was a PC game. I spent time (maybe 150h or so) playing things like Clicker Heroes, which are not so appealing as CQ looks like. :)

Return to “Screenshots”