How to get Vampire's cape??(MM7)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
dark templar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

How to get Vampire's cape??(MM7)

Unread postby dark templar » 18 Apr 2017, 15:13

Hi everybody,it's about MM7 with the newest grayface path :-D (very pleasure to play the game with this wonderful mod)

I suppose I used to get vampire's cape(with older grayface path installed) in Wine Cellar of Tatalia,it's pretty cool!But as I start a new journey with the newest grayface path installed,this time no vampire's cape found in Wine Cellar :( .

And I checked the map of Wine Cellar via MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor,can see a special monster named Super vampire(fix) out there,I'm sure it is carrying vampire's cape,but in my actual game I did not find that monster in Wine Cellar,I don't know why and I'm confused.How the same thing goes in your games guys?Could somebody guide me??Thanks in advance ;)

motter25420
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: How to get Vampire's cape??(MM7)

Unread postby motter25420 » 18 Apr 2017, 21:52

I'd like to know too because I've never found it, only way I could ever get it was with a Save Game editor and even then it was missing it's special enhancements.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 19 Apr 2017, 05:39

IIRC you never ever could find Vamipire's Cape in game. The only way was to use savegame editor. I don't rememeber if any of Grayface's patches bring it back but I didn't play MM7 for a long time, so maybe it did.
IIRC Supervampire which dropped this cape was bugged and you couldn't complete quest, so to fix this, he was removed from game.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 19 Apr 2017, 10:16

The next version of GrayFace's MM7 patch will allow the Vampire Cape to drop, according to him.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 19 Apr 2017, 15:50

Yeah, I've never seen a Super Vampire. Is the cape he drops proof that you've completed the dungeon for the Advisor quest? Because I think the way it works now is if you just enter the place you've completed the quest.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

dark templar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dark templar » 20 Apr 2017, 01:39

Thank you guys for replying,I am going to tell you what:)

I just found out that last time I got Vampire's cape that's MM7Rev4mod!Not because of grayface path,sorry for confusing you guys.:p
I extracted 'd16.blv' and 'd16.dlv'(maybe either one is unessesary) from GAMES.LOD(MM7Rev4mod) via MMArchive tool and then
copied them to '00 patch.games.lod' in DATA of my game folder.Now I can get Vampire's cape in my palythrough:D

dark templar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dark templar » 20 Apr 2017, 01:42

Anubis wrote:The next version of GrayFace's MM7 patch will allow the Vampire Cape to drop, according to him.
That's cool,looking forward to new version of grayface path upcoming! :)

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 20 Apr 2017, 23:36

There's also Black Phantom's patch that makes the Super Vampire visible in standard game. Next version of my patch will include it, tweaked to my liking.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Return to “Might and Magic”