MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
motter25420
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: MMExtension v2.1 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [Apr 22, 2016]

Unread postby motter25420 » 20 Mar 2017, 19:49

Hi Grayface. I'm not sure if you remember me, I was motter28218 but forgot my password so had to make a new account. I haven't been active with MM for some time now but I was a modder back in the day who helped out Big Daddy on Chaos Conspiracy and I just decided to "dust off" MM and get back into it.

It is great to see you have been continuing to improve the modding capabilities and that's why I'm writing. I haven't modded probably since about 2010, I know this might not be a simple question to answer but do you have any documentation that describes all the new things that you've done and what is now possible? Thanks.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 22 Mar 2017, 08:15

Hey Matt! Here's reference corresponding to MMExtensionTmp pre-release: https://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/m ... /reference
Phobos wrote:The download link for MMExtension on GrayFace's site seems to be down. Could it be reuploaded? :)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qohxt8ijjh74m ... p.rar?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dd7as9etjutjv ... r.rar?dl=0
Do these work?

Dropbox has failed me. It has removed public folders support and also once already said "your traffic is too big". So, I'll need an alternative. Is Google Drive reliable for hosting? Other Google services, namely sites.google.com and noCaptcha, are unreliable.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

tomchen1989
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby tomchen1989 » 22 Mar 2017, 15:49

For Dropbox I think shared links work fine. I've never used public folder actually
https://www.dropbox.com/help/16
I've never encountered such problem as "your traffic is too big". I'd never share a file of more than 100 MB for everyone to download. Those of less than 10 MB are perfectly fine to share.

Google Drive and other file-sharing services are OK too. If you can make the source code public, and in the source, the files directly copied from the game thus copyrighted by Ubi are few to none, then Github is the primary choice.

tomchen1989
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby tomchen1989 » 22 Mar 2017, 15:51

@motter25420 I guess you may start reading this and this

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 22 Mar 2017, 19:02

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 22 Mar 2017, 23:23

tomchen1989 wrote:Google Drive and other file-sharing services are OK too. If you can make the source code public, and in the source, the files directly copied from the game thus copyrighted by Ubi are few to none, then Github is the primary choice.
GitHub is too much hassle. Maybe I will move some projects there, MMExtension would be the first one. Guess I need to make use of Google Drive then.
tomchen1989 wrote:For Dropbox I think shared links work fine.
They're fine, but they have a different URL, so I'll have to change all URLs in any case and I'd change them to something other than Dropbox, because:
tomchen1989 wrote:I've never encountered such problem as "your traffic is too big". I'd never share a file of more than 100 MB for everyone to download. Those of less than 10 MB are perfectly fine to share.
Neither did I, but I got the message saying they're "generating too much traffic" and the wording of it it seems to say I can unlock them only once. So, Dropbox is dead to me.
Last edited by GrayFace on 22 Mar 2017, 23:43, edited 3 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

motter25420
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby motter25420 » 26 Mar 2017, 22:37

tomchen1989 wrote:@motter25420 I guess you may start reading this and this
Thanks, but most of that was there back when I was modding before, I was looking to see if possibly there was a way to just get the new info, no biggee, I'm pretty much re-learning so much stuff anyway.

To Grayface: Thanks again for all the work, makes modding much easier.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 29 Mar 2017, 01:54

The newer info is here:

motter25420
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby motter25420 » 29 Mar 2017, 21:54

Hi Grayface.

I'm slowly remembering all the stuff I knew on modding but today I tried to add some of Maestro's sprites into my mod. I had done this in the past but I forget exactly how. I used BDJ's method of hexing but I'm wondering does your Archive and Extension provide an easier way?

I tried with hex but got error messages. I wish I had wrote myself notes back then. I read your readme but I don't remember having to make 3 sets of palettes.

I just remember I renamed the sprites to copy over the monster I wanted to change, then used hex to paste over the old palette with the new one. I tried that this time and it didn't work right. I'm not sure what is the best way. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

theorclair
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby theorclair » 31 Mar 2017, 22:21

I had to reinstall MM6 and 7 and when I added the extension the data tables wouldn't appear. Edit: I mean the 2devents one, and the items, and texts.
Last edited by theorclair on 31 Mar 2017, 23:38, edited 1 time in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 02 Apr 2017, 01:23

theorclair, 2devents and items.txt aren't MMExt-specific, you just extract them from events.lod/icons.lod with MMArchive. MMExt creates its Data\Tables tables at 1st launch.
motter25420 wrote:I'm slowly remembering all the stuff I knew on modding but today I tried to add some of Maestro's sprites into my mod. I had done this in the past but I forget exactly how. I used BDJ's method of hexing but I'm wondering does your Archive and Extension provide an easier way?
Of course! No need to hex-edit. First, copy some sprite under the name of the palette and add it to bitmaps.lod with MMArchive. Then add sprites to sprites.lod.
If you want to add a new monster, you'll have to then add it to Data\Tables\SFT.txt, Data\Tables\MonData.txt and standard monsters tables. If you're going to do this, I have a tool I made back in the day for monsters adding.
Last edited by GrayFace on 02 Apr 2017, 01:23, edited 1 time in total.

motter25420
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby motter25420 » 03 Apr 2017, 19:07

Thanks for the info. I'm not adding a new monster, just copying over existing ones with some of Maestro's sprites, so do I still need to modify the Data\Tables\SFT.txt or the MonData.txt?

Just for example, in the Chaos Conspiracy Maestro replaced the Harpy with a witch. So on that one I don't need to rename any of the Sprites, that is already done, I can just copy and paste then import the new sprites, but then of course they look "ghosty" in the game because the palette is wrong.

So to change the palette are you saying I find the palette for the witch in the TCC Bitmaps.lod, extract it, then import (copy over) the palette for the Harpy in the original Bitmaps.lod? That would be so much easier than how I did it with hexing.

motter25420
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby motter25420 » 04 Apr 2017, 00:13

EDIT: I figured it out, thanks making this program, SOOOOOO much easier than having to hex them!

jurao
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jurao » 05 Apr 2017, 10:56

Hey guys, I've been playing the Might and Magic series for a while, and they're so good with GrayFace's patch (thanks for that, by the way - people like you make PC gaming great!), but I've recently run into a problem. I wanted to get into MM8 again, but the dropbox link for the MM8 Choose Party script doesn't work anymore. Does anyone here have a link that works? I'd love to get back into the game, but there's no way I can play it without the Choose Party option, since I've been spoiled to playing with it. :D

Any help would be appreciated!

lightbringer23
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lightbringer23 » 06 Apr 2017, 07:06

Hi Grayface, et al.
Like the others, I'm looking at replaying MM6, and trying to mod my experience. I got the impression that I can use MM7 View to change the way the classes work. Specifically, I'd like to give Paladins and Archers the MP progression of the Druids. Is there a place to change that stat?

I looked in all the text files within icons.lod and didn't see anything that resembled that data. I didn't see anything helpful for my case within the MMExt reference pages on Greyface's site either -- it seemed mostly dedicated to scripting info. Unfortunately, Elrond's editor seems to only want to change current MP value, not permanent. Otherwise, I'd just manually boost my Paladin's and Archer's permanent MP by 50-100 or so periodically.

Any ideas?

-Lightbringer

EDIT: I'm now actually looking through other posts in this very thread, almost as if this actually ISN'T my first time on the interwebs :P I think I may be finding the answers myself herein. Carry on then :D
Last edited by lightbringer23 on 06 Apr 2017, 07:13, edited 2 times in total.

lightbringer23
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lightbringer23 » 06 Apr 2017, 07:34

So after grabbing TextEdit, I found the text files generated by the initial run of MMExt. THAT's where my SP table was hiding! :D Now I just need to look up if I need to do something to "install" the file back in to my game. If I understand it right, I think I can just dump a copy of the txt file in question directly into my Data directory, and the game will use it instead of the default.

EDIT: Sure enough on page 2 I see I just drop it into DataFiles. All good and done. Awesome tool, Grayface!
Last edited by lightbringer23 on 06 Apr 2017, 07:40, edited 1 time in total.

funkybrodude
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby funkybrodude » 10 Apr 2017, 21:58

Hello, my friend. Choosing party mod on dropbox isn't on dropbox anymore. Is there a way I can still get mod?

theorclair
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby theorclair » 10 Apr 2017, 23:48

Can you set a map so only certain types of treasure appear, like just gold?

Where do you extract the level editor, and where do you extract the zip files on it? I can't get anything to work when I try to edit.
Last edited by theorclair on 11 Apr 2017, 00:26, edited 1 time in total.

jurao
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jurao » 11 Apr 2017, 13:36

Hey, guys! I've managed to find the Choose Party script on some obscure Chinese site (don't ask). I did test it and it works, and it seems to not have any viruses (checked with Jotti's Malware Scan and then installed, seems fine on my PC). Until GrayFace uploads it somewhere else, it's going to be difficult to find. I don't know if I'm allowed to post links here, but I did upload it for anyone that has this problem and finds this forum. Here it is:

https://ufile.io/97e0c

Will only be hosted for 30 days, but I'll check back here from time to time and reupload it for you guys if you want.

funkybrodude
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby funkybrodude » 11 Apr 2017, 14:35

jurao wrote:Hey, guys! I've managed to find the Choose Party script on some obscure Chinese site (don't ask). I did test it and it works, and it seems to not have any viruses (checked with Jotti's Malware Scan and then installed, seems fine on my PC). Until GrayFace uploads it somewhere else, it's going to be difficult to find. I don't know if I'm allowed to post links here, but I did upload it for anyone that has this problem and finds this forum. Here it is:

https://ufile.io/97e0c

Will only be hosted for 30 days, but I'll check back here from time to time and reupload it for you guys if you want.
Thank you, my friend.

Return to “Might and Magic”