Turn Venom Spawn into a Lich or Magog? (Suggestion)

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Baskakov_Dmitriy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Turn Venom Spawn into a Lich or Magog? (Suggestion)

Unread postby Baskakov_Dmitriy » 21 Mar 2017, 17:02

Hello!
I have personally never chosen the Venom Spawn over vampires when playing Necropolis, neither have I seen others choosing it. As replacing creatures is possible, have you considered changing Venom Spawn into something viable, probably more in line with the flavour of HoMM series?

If you want to keep the amount of Kreegan and undead units equal, it can be changed for a Magog from HoMM III. The stats can be sligltly higher than those of Venom Spawn, except that it gets the Greek Fire special ability and fire attack. Alternatively, it can become a caster with Fireball spell, probably a couple of others.

If adding a Lich sounds OK, it would be interesting to make him a Death spellcaster with around 30 Mana. His special abilities would be: Undead, Spellcaster. The spells could be: Curse, Poison and Plague (5 HP/Lich), Cancellation, Raise Vampires (25 HP per Lich).

TheUnknown
Pixie
Pixie

Re: Turn Venom Spawn into a Lich or Magog? (Suggestion)

Unread postby TheUnknown » 21 Mar 2017, 22:16

A news once upon a time on the equilibris page ...
February 22, 2007 - Today we share a short avi-file. Though it is of moderate quality, you may find it very interesting (Who said "lich"?). Better version with interface in English will appear soon. Watch it in original size and aspect (there is a setting in your videoplayer) for better impression. Remember - this is purely technical demo, don't make hasty conclusions. Download it here.
Now the link isn't working, maybe you will find the video elsewhere ... in short, the idea was to have a unit that looks like the hero model "Baron Von Tarkin" that will have an area of effect attack which in addition to doing damage, also inflicts poison. Needless to say the idea is epic but not having it in reality takes a huge part of the fun out of it :(

The best of H3 Lich and H4 Venom Spawn :oex:
Last edited by TheUnknown on 21 Mar 2017, 22:22, edited 2 times in total.

Baskakov_Dmitriy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Baskakov_Dmitriy » 22 Mar 2017, 09:30

It's been 10 damn years, why was this not implemented?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 22 Mar 2017, 11:03

@Baskakov_Dmitriy
In world of modding this is a short itme.

Just joking, I guess that it was frozen and the one who was doing it is long time lost. (Or maybe Lost)

Still, perhaps i t was implemented, but not completely..
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

TheUnknown
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby TheUnknown » 22 Mar 2017, 17:15

Aaand here it is ...

-video
http://eq.acidcave.net/equi_demo_1.avi

http://www.eq.acidcave.net/img/lich.jpg

-good ol rust dragon page
http://www.eq.acidcave.net/

-the mod containing the change
:cry:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 22 Mar 2017, 17:21

Cool. Splash area acid damage?
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

TheUnknown
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby TheUnknown » 22 Mar 2017, 22:57

Pol wrote:Cool. Splash area acid damage?
It's "Greek Fire" (the Catapult ability) and "Poison" (the Venom Spawn ability), it's not like the potion Acid ... if that is what you wanted to ask. :)

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 23 Mar 2017, 22:02

You know, given the amount of stuff NimoStar modded in his Greatest Mod (over at HC), I believe he'd be able to copy/mod all of those specific details mentioned about the Lich. Using Von Tarkin's skin and add Greek Fire ability. Changing stats would be easy as well.
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby BrennusWhiskey » 24 Mar 2017, 07:22

Just two cents about online game: venoms are much better than vamps in Equilibris. As for the mods: just finish it and give us complete new game to test.

Return to “Equilibris”