Fallout

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Fallout

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Apr 2006, 17:56

There are very few of us that havent tried this marvelous game.I played it first after BG and other more advanced RPGs came out,and I simply fell in love with it.Fallout is the game that showed me that cyberpunk genre isnt always crappy.Too bad we had to witnes that tactics junk.But I guess every great game gets spoiled by a crappy sequel sooner or later(civ excluded).

The quest I liked the most was in Fallout 2.I dont remember it,but I remember that the reward was 10000 bottlecaps.Such commedy is rare these days.

Anyhow,write your thoughts about this marvelous game.(and your hopes about the new fallout)

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 19 Apr 2006, 18:49

Well, 10000 bottlecaps would have been worth a lot in the first game.

I did like the variety of weapons they had in Tactics tho.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 20 Apr 2006, 03:13

I loved Fallout 1 and 2! Bethesda (maker of the Elder Scrolls series) has the right to the series now. Now that Oblivion is done, maybe they are working on Fallout3!

GOW

Llefser
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Llefser » 23 Apr 2006, 20:52

The two Fallout games were wonderful. Even though the first one ended too quickly and there wasn't as much to do, I think I liked it a little better. Both were loads of fun to play.

Wasteland is still my favorite of the genre, though.

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 24 Apr 2006, 02:24

I got fallout 2 and baldur's gate for the same christmas, what wonderful presents :).

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Apr 2006, 03:07

I guess you went something like this :devil:

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 01 May 2006, 22:45

I've only played Fallout six months ago. I went halfway over the map and was attack by some scorpions and died :p

It's too old to be played now...unstable and graphics are ugly (I get more and more intolerant against old graphics. Why play old games when new ones have better ? :))

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 May 2006, 23:19

Campaigner wrote:I've only played Fallout six months ago. I went halfway over the map and was attack by some scorpions and died :p

It's too old to be played now...unstable and graphics are ugly (I get more and more intolerant against old graphics. Why play old games when new ones have better ? :))
Id still play fallout if I could find it.Graphics is great btw.Even better than some 3D we see now.There is some strange appeal in those oldies.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 May 2006, 12:33

DaemianLucifer wrote: Id still play fallout if I could find it.Graphics is great btw.Even better than some 3D we see now.There is some strange appeal in those oldies.
Weird... I saw it here at a mobile phone shop, both actualy for less then 10$.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 04 May 2006, 22:29

Fallout 1+2 are great CRPGs!! I prefered the second part(i realy don't know why:p)! The great atmosphere, the huge world and the hard-core combats make it one of my favorite games! I heard too a rumor about the Fallout 3 and I'm looking forward to see an official anouc. for it!
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

JustTimmY
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JustTimmY » 25 May 2006, 09:24

I have finished Fallout 2 seven times :D and I think I haven't discovered all quest..
I still have Fallout 2 on my hard-disk..and I think I'll go once again to find teh G.E.C.K. :D

I'm waiting for Fallout 3 too..but next year..this year at E3 only a poster with him :(

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 25 May 2006, 12:52

I got to the end of Fallout 2 once, but didn't finish it. I was supposed to blow up some computer on that oilrig but never figured out how.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

JustTimmY
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JustTimmY » 25 May 2006, 15:43

U need to infiltrate in that base..and then explore the map..u must detonate a nuclear tank ..and then get out of that place..but before that u must fight with a boss..very hard one..u must have lots of HP..ammo and stim packs ..first time I killed him with bozar ( very cool weapon )

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 May 2006, 17:00

I never finished fallout 2 either.Twice I got to the rig,and every time it crashed :(

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 25 May 2006, 17:48

It crashed for me to during the cutscene where you enter the rig, think I got around it by simply skipping the cutscene
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

JustTimmY
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JustTimmY » 25 May 2006, 18:26

I got no problems with crashs... cutscenes can be turned off from cfg file I think..there are many settings..file paths..and other things..

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 25 May 2006, 18:39

Perhaps I was just fortunate but I did not experience crashes at the rig cutscene and I played through a number of times. I like the fact that the combat was tactical turn based combat instead of real time. The number of skills, possible party members, and different solutions to problems made the game very replayable.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 28 May 2006, 02:00

Well, those of you that skipped the cutscene, I don't think you missed much. I think that was all it was. Does anyone remember if there was any narration to that part?
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

magritte2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby magritte2 » 29 May 2006, 04:23

I loved both Fallout and Fallout 2, though I strangely never finished the latter. I can't recall what happened. I was so sad to see the end of Black Isle studios.

JustTimmY
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JustTimmY » 29 May 2006, 18:41

Play them..finish them...and be prepared for Fallout 3 :)

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”