Might & Magic: Showdown Announced

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

Might & Magic: Showdown Announced

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 19 Jan 2017, 22:05

Today Ubisoft announced a new spinoff for the Might and Magic franchise: Showdown. The game was hinted at back in November in a promotional video for Watch Dogs 2. Developped by Ubisoft Montreal’s FunHouse division, Showdown is an intriguing combination of real-time battles and customizable miniatures. The game is available now as part of Steam's Early Access program with a price tag of $19.99. Developers are still working on the game and will not reveal a launch date at this point.

For more information about Might and Magic: Showdown, check out the Ubisoft blog.
Read full article...
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Might & Magic: Showdown Announced

Unread postby Pol » 19 Jan 2017, 22:41

Last edited by Pol on 19 Jan 2017, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.

Demilich
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Demilich » 20 Jan 2017, 09:51

intriguing combination??? This is a game when the best part of gameplay includes paiting of miniatures!.. Ubi guys are really necrophiles, to do such a humilation to the brand they reaped and killed themselves.

Sorry for all of the emotions, but such a game is an overkill, even for them

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 20 Jan 2017, 22:54

Now why exactly does every company now think "Oh man, Sticker Star is such a great concept" when everyone actually hated it? First Nintendo made Colour Splash, and now Ubisoft is here with this. Ugh.

It wouldn't be a bad idea if these characters had a well-established, strong background. Someone that people would actually care about. But it's just the typical Warhammer grunts again... So this feels like another one of those Crusaders/Warriors/etc. type of games that is spawned out of desperation and in the end nobody cares about.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 21 Jan 2017, 14:49

Uhm.. Those figurines looks so familiar.. Where have I seen those before... :|
Well I guess customization is always nice for those who enjoy that feature, but it does seem a bit cheesy that the painting tool is only available for a month. I don't see any mentioning of it being purchasable afterwards or included if you buy the game..

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 21 Jan 2017, 17:26

The Paint Workshop is part of the game and in game is actually having more figurines and also options. The free version is cut down.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Energy Q
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Energy Q » 21 Jan 2017, 20:13

Let me guess, that free painting tool is available to Feb 19. After that, it will be available in-game only?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 22 Jan 2017, 07:50

That's the current plan.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 24 Jan 2017, 09:25

Why... does this exist? Who is this game supposed to be for?

They've poisoned the brand with Heroes 7. They've turned away new players and old fans feel betrayed. The only thing they got going for them is that Heroes 7 sold so poorly that not a lot of people even knew about it. Who do they hope to attract with this game?

And considering how much they ripped off Warhammer's art style, I hope Games Workshop sues Ubisoft.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 24 Jan 2017, 10:45

vicheron wrote:Who is this game supposed to be for?
Not for us - fans of previous games. This product is targeted for someone, who never ever played (Heroes of) Might and Magic game. I suppose it's only called Might and Magic because two reasons:
1. It uses assets from Heroes 6+,
2. It is easier to sell product from known franchise then create new one.
vicheron wrote:And considering how much they ripped off Warhammer's art style, I hope Games Workshop sues Ubisoft.
If GW didn't sue Blizzard for Warcraft and Starcraft franchises (and Ubisoft for Heroes 5) then I don't think GW ever care.
Last edited by Avonu on 24 Jan 2017, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 25 Jan 2017, 13:16

Typical UbiSoft, releasing games for a beloved franchise no one asked for.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 26 Jan 2017, 07:26

Clash Of Heroes is a fun game (still playing it) with a nice, fun art and gameplay.

This 3D thing... still have to see more of it, but I am not impressed at all. The MMH VI art does not help a bit either.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Jan 2017, 21:10

Basically a game which might feature in Eating Magazines, GLaDOS would point out.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 28 Jan 2017, 09:23

parcaleste wrote:Clash Of Heroes is a fun game (still playing it) with a nice, fun art and gameplay.
Clash of Heroes was good but it was a handheld/mobile game. And Ubisoft hasn't made a sequel.

Return to “News”