Mod idea questions.

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Mod idea questions.

Unread postby the beavers1 » 18 Dec 2016, 09:39

So I have been thinking of some mods that i may attempt, or hope someone else can do in the future for mm7, like so:

i was wondering if there was a way to add relics and artifacts as really rare items in shops, and if they can do they take from the magic 15 number.

I was wondering how many items you can add to the game. specifically, can you make MORE relics and artifacts

Is there a way to add shops to a place in the game? my idea was to add a special shop in the middle of a very dangerous area that sold artifacts

Can you make a weapon cast a spell on strike? (like a relic dagger that gave its user haste or something)

Creating relic rarity potions that give you GM in a skill depending on the potion regardless of level or class.

Adding relic wands that you use once but are really powerful effects (like casting day of gods and hour of power and day of protection for an entire day, or summoning a dragon to aid you, or killing all creatures in your sight)

Adding random attacks just walking around in non- town areas.

Creating more quests using NPC's that are already existent.

Overhauling the bounty system so that it creates a spawning of creatures at location x and reward is killing those creatures. (a more interestingbounty system.)

Ill add more if i think of some. These are just some ideas that go with difficulty increasing mods.
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Mod idea questions.

Unread postby GrayFace » 23 Dec 2016, 21:11

the beavers1 wrote:i was wondering if there was a way to add relics and artifacts as really rare items in shops, and if they can do they take from the magic 15 number.
Would require adding 2 events/hooks.
the beavers1 wrote: I was wondering how many items you can add to the game. specifically, can you make MORE relics and artifacts
Yes, but currently they won't be generated as loot, only hand-placed.
the beavers1 wrote: Is there a way to add shops to a place in the game? my idea was to add a special shop in the middle of a very dangerous area that sold artifacts
For now, you can temporary replace an existing shop, when you enter it.
the beavers1 wrote: Can you make a weapon cast a spell on strike? (like a relic dagger that gave its user haste or something)
Well, you could utilize an event like ItemAdditionalDamage to cast a spell on current player. There isn't an event for when a player hits a monster ATM.
the beavers1 wrote: Creating relic rarity potions that give you GM in a skill depending on the potion regardless of level or class.
Currently no event for that, but I should definitely add it.
the beavers1 wrote: Adding relic wands that you use once but are really powerful effects (like casting day of gods and hour of power and day of protection for an entire day, or summoning a dragon to aid you, or killing all creatures in your sight)
Would require another event.
the beavers1 wrote: Adding random attacks just walking around in non- town areas.
Can be done now. E.g. a non-town area could be determined by distance to nearest ally monster.
the beavers1 wrote: Creating more quests using NPC's that are already existent.
Sure, that's been a priority.
the beavers1 wrote: Overhauling the bounty system so that it creates a spawning of creatures at location x and reward is killing those creatures. (a more interestingbounty system.)
Good idea! Can be done now.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 15 Jan 2017, 17:44

Some cool ideas here ^^ Good luck in making them into reality, guys!

Two things I'd add to this question-list:
- a way to add/modify boss monsters to something actually boss-like?
- a way to disable Town Portal/Lloyd's Beacon in a specific location?

Cheers.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 16 Jan 2017, 07:48

Echo wrote: - a way to disable Town Portal/Lloyd's Beacon in a specific location?
Cheers.
Doesn't the arena do that?
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 24 Jan 2017, 16:58

Echo wrote:- a way to add/modify boss monsters to something actually boss-like?
Easily with the map editor.
Echo wrote:- a way to disable Town Portal/Lloyd's Beacon in a specific location?
There's events.CanCastLloyd, but not for Town Portal.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 28 Feb 2017, 14:34

GrayFace wrote:
Echo wrote:- a way to add/modify boss monsters to something actually boss-like?
Easily with the map editor.
Echo wrote:- a way to disable Town Portal/Lloyd's Beacon in a specific location?
There's events.CanCastLloyd, but not for Town Portal.
Does "easily" still apply when we're talking about a n00b like me? :creative: How would you do that?

And the second question, I also have no idea how/where you can modify the area events? Also, perhaps all it would take is to set an area to respawn upon leaving it in any way? Is that difficult/possible to achieve?

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 10 Mar 2017, 19:32

Echo wrote:Does "easily" still apply when we're talking about a n00b like me? How would you do that?
You can open monster's stats through MapEditor, change whatever you want and press "ctrl-e".
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9eny23njm2om ... d.png?dl=0

I don't know if any way to manually launch map refill exist right now, but monsters could be spawned with "events.LoadMap" and "SummonMonster" command.

Ser Ironfist
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ser Ironfist » 06 Jun 2017, 15:58

I have a mod idea concerning MM8. I thought this thread might be the right place for it.

I'm trying to find a way to make it possible so that every race can pick every class (except from dragons).
So you would be able to play a vampire knight, a minotaur wizard or else, whatever you like. The vampire, troll and minotaur classes I would rename into assassin, ranger and paladin or something (that I know how to do).
Last edited by Ser Ironfist on 06 Jun 2017, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 06 Jun 2017, 19:54

The hardest part would be the interface. Also, there would be no reason to use minotaur due to inability to wear hat and boots. And too little gain. After all, only classes really matter, race just effects starting stats.
Last edited by GrayFace on 06 Jun 2017, 19:57, edited 3 times in total.

Ser Ironfist
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ser Ironfist » 07 Jun 2017, 15:57

GrayFace wrote:The hardest part would be the interface.
In what way would the interface need changes?
GrayFace wrote:Also, there would be no reason to use minotaur due to inability to wear hat and boots. And too little gain. After all, only classes really matter, race just effects starting stats.
My plan was compensating this by giving minotaurs the highest hp per level growth.
Does the hp/level rate actually depend on race or class? Is this what you were saying that races don't contribute anything at all except from starting stats?
Last edited by Ser Ironfist on 07 Jun 2017, 15:58, edited 2 times in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 08 Jun 2017, 06:29

Ser Ironfist wrote:In what way would the interface need changes?
Party creation.
Ser Ironfist wrote: My plan was compensating this by giving minotaurs the highest hp per level growth.
Does the hp/level rate actually depend on race or class? Is this what you were saying that races don't contribute anything at all except from starting stats?
In MM7 on class.

Return to “Might and Magic”