project status

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 24 Mar 2015, 17:43

The project has NOT been terminated, small steps are made all the time. I just got a PM with a glimmer of hope for a really big step. If it proves real, we will release everything we have so far and work on that big step.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Slavax
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Slavax » 02 May 2015, 20:31

I am very interested when next version will be availible. Mostly I am looking for extended editor options. So, how much time should I wait for it?

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 03 May 2015, 09:28

If my calculations are correct , we'll all have to wait until it's ready for release.
But given the fact that I don't know the sum of any parts of the equation, it's hard to come up with a more precise answer.
Instead I went to see a soothsayer, she looked in her crystal ball 🔮 and told me it would like be a matter of months (though not telling me how many) ;)
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie

Re: project status

Unread postby BrennusWhiskey » 18 Dec 2016, 21:39

I saw that some mods are created currently. Maybe you could join your work and release great reboot of H4?

TheUnknown
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby TheUnknown » 20 Dec 2016, 21:41

BrennusWhiskey wrote:I saw that some mods are created currently. Maybe you could join your work and release great reboot of H4?
It's funny how not having equilibris in a long time gave birth to "equilibris" for equilibris. Yes I know the mod has many core changing elements and I don't agree with most of the changes, but the fact remains, people still want Heroes IV to improve in both balance and new features.

I hope this will inspire the team in a positive manner so they would release some kind of an update after all these years. At least in my opinion the fans should get what is already done after all this time, and even if there is nothing left we would all be happy either way as equilibris already did so much for the game.
Last edited by TheUnknown on 20 Dec 2016, 21:42, edited 1 time in total.

BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby BrennusWhiskey » 21 Dec 2016, 07:13

Well, my point is that it could be like remake of good game. Fully commercial new product. You just have to sell the idea to some good company producing the games and I am buying it :)

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 21 Dec 2016, 20:10

The Unknown, I'm with you on that, but it seems they have some currently ongoing projects they wish to finish first, instead of making several minor updates. Fx. the English community never got v.3.6, which I believe was still in beta version.

Brennus, I don't think Equilibris and NimoStar's mod have the same goal, if that's the mod you're referring to, but one can only hope they'll join forces, as that could benefit the fan community.

BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby BrennusWhiskey » 21 Dec 2016, 20:25

Well my idea is a way better than waiting for another shitty part of M&M Heroes or whatever they call it.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 22 Dec 2016, 13:09

Karmakeld wrote:Brennus, I don't think Equilibris and NimoStar's mod have the same goal, if that's the mod you're referring to, but one can only hope they'll join forces, as that could benefit the fan community.
Nimostar has access to our programmers and resources, however modest they may be. We all hope to make each other more creative and productive this way. :creative:
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby BrennusWhiskey » 23 Dec 2016, 17:13

Did you consider to release it as a new game when all it is done?

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 23 Dec 2016, 17:53

Are you still talking about Equilibris? If so - no, I did not.

BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby BrennusWhiskey » 23 Dec 2016, 18:03

Well you should. After so many years and with many new things it should be completely new product. Market likes new things not some old mods ;)

I am not a sales manager but I feel that I could be for that ;)
Last edited by BrennusWhiskey on 23 Dec 2016, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 24 Dec 2016, 00:13

To sell it as a new product one should have a new product. This product is owned by Ubisoft. I am not even mentioning the niche market and outdated technology. None of which is a problem in my eyes, but I'm not the market.

I wish I had a chance to make a new game with H4 ideas. It has a huge potential, in my opinion. But things are what they are, entry barrier is high and venture capital is elsewhere.

BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby BrennusWhiskey » 24 Dec 2016, 07:45

Where there's a will there's a way :)
The only issue I can see here is to convince right people in Ubisoft.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 24 Dec 2016, 10:36

If I could afford to direct all my efforts on the next Heroes game, I would not come near Ubisoft. Creating new franchise, in my opinion, is preferable to resuscitating existing one. Too much damage suffered.

BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby BrennusWhiskey » 24 Dec 2016, 10:48

I meant the other thing. To join what we love to do with real business. Of course every part of this franchise is worse and no need to even think about Homm8.
But H4 reboot under new name and mark would be great.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 24 Dec 2016, 17:51

I am sorry to say I am unfamiliar with the Heroes IV 4 HD effort. However I am intrigued. If equilibris is or becomes part of the project, and if there is an editor that will import the older non-HD maps. I probably could be induced to finish my Dragon’s Fate prequel to be part of the overall release. I would need access to the editor; perhaps it is already available as I said I am very unfamiliar with this effort. I would also consider redoing Dragon’s Fate and its sequel Lamentia’s Story for the project. Of course while I have the current equilibris editor working in Win 10; sadly the latest annual updated seems to have broken the game; so I stopped work again since I can’t playtest it. This means for me, the Win 10 compatibility issues would need to be resolved.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 24 Dec 2016, 20:30

@jeff
I think you misunderstand HD-Mod effort a bit. I'm planning to post a video which will show what I mean. In short - no map modification will be required.
BrennusWhiskey wrote:But H4 reboot under new name and mark would be great.
I completely agree.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 24 Dec 2016, 20:38

jeff wrote:Of course while I have the current equilibris editor working in Win 10; sadly the latest annual updated seems to have broken the game; so I stopped work again since I can’t playtest it. This means for me, the Win 10 compatibility issues would need to be resolved.
Thing is, that it seems to break my Corel Draw X5 as well.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 24 Dec 2016, 22:49

Dalai wrote:
Karmakeld wrote:Brennus, I don't think Equilibris and NimoStar's mod have the same goal, if that's the mod you're referring to, but one can only hope they'll join forces, as that could benefit the fan community.
Nimostar has access to our programmers and resources, however modest they may be. We all hope to make each other more creative and productive this way. :creative:
Dalai, glad to hear so. I hope your joined forced bear fruit, and also hope that you might open up for more community modding. I saw bits of what v.3.6 included, and with some NimoStar's and Namerutan's recent work in mind, I can definitely say, that some dreams could come true. If I possessed the knowledge, I gladly help out myself, regarding modding, adding objects and the like.
But my point was about Nimo's greatest mod compared to Equilibris. Nimo modded a whole bunch of things. Some I could see being part of Equilibris, like some of his modded objects, but in general I think the two 'final' mods have different aims or goal. Eg. his Necro faction.

Return to “Equilibris”