H5 map: pre-alpha version upload

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Milos Gajic
Peasant
Peasant

H5 map: pre-alpha version upload

Unread postby Milos Gajic » 22 Oct 2016, 20:00

Hello to you all, I am making a map currently named Revolution, it is an RPG styled map (something like a cross between King's Bounty and Fable and whatnot else), I was wondering if I could upload a pre-alpha version of the map to this site in order to get some opinions from other map makers.

This basically means that map is nowhere near finished but it has decent amount of quests that can be completed, custom objects and so on.

Some features of the map:
Some creatures have certain effects when in hero's army or when together with some other creature, example of this is -
-If you have monks (or other upgraded version) together with the undead there is a 20% chance the monks destroy some of the undead each day;
-If you have liches in your army you receive a certain amount of skeletons daily;
-If you have druids in your army you receive wolves daily, but if you remove druids from your army wolves start feeding on your weakest creatures killing some daily;
-If you have brawlers in your army they might start a fight and there is a chance of some of them getting killed daily;
-Some of these aren't added to the map yet because player doesn't come into contact with some these creatures, but it will be added soon. Besides these there are lot more planed effects that certain creatures have while in your army.

Download map for testing here.
Last edited by Milos Gajic on 23 Oct 2016, 14:47, edited 3 times in total.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re: H5 map: pre-alpha version upload

Unread postby Karmakeld » 22 Oct 2016, 22:09

I suggest you either contact maps@celestialheavens.com or ask Kalah if the map testing service is currently unavailable. I still think the map/campaign download section is under reconstruction, but not sure about the map testing service.
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 23 Oct 2016, 03:02

You could also specify if it is playable with the Heroes 5.5 Quantomas AI mod. That would certainly be an incentive for me to test it. :tongue:

Milos Gajic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Milos Gajic » 23 Oct 2016, 08:44

cjlee wrote:You could also specify if it is playable with the Heroes 5.5 Quantomas AI mod. That would certainly be an incentive for me to test it. :tongue:
What the hell is 5.5 Quantomas AI mod? I've never heard of that!!!

Anyway, no mods in my map, only mod that could be useful is the one that enlarges the Message Boxes since there is a lot of conversation going on.

EDIT:
I looked it up. I don't think my map would be playable with this mod. Also, my map is just another map not a mod, so the creature abilities (or effects as I called them before) are scripted in map script, so this will not affect other maps (thus not a mod).

I like most of the things they did with MMH5.5, new heroes and all, I'm bothered by hero specialization changes done to the original heroes and some other minor changes. I'd like to try it but I'm not sure how to revert my game back to the original without uninstalling and all that hassle.
Last edited by Milos Gajic on 23 Oct 2016, 09:18, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 23 Oct 2016, 09:47

Karmakeld wrote:I suggest you either contact maps@celestialheavens.com or ask Kalah if the map testing service is currently unavailable. I still think the map/campaign download section is under reconstruction, but not sure about the map testing service.
They are both. Kindly send a map to that e-mail, we will upload it for you an you can link it here. Same for updates.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Milos Gajic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Milos Gajic » 23 Oct 2016, 11:29

Pol wrote:
Karmakeld wrote:I suggest you either contact maps@celestialheavens.com or ask Kalah if the map testing service is currently unavailable. I still think the map/campaign download section is under reconstruction, but not sure about the map testing service.
They are both. Kindly send a map to that e-mail, we will upload it for you an you can link it here. Same for updates.
I have just sent the map, how do I link it here?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 23 Oct 2016, 13:24

Milos Gajic wrote: I have just sent the map, how do I link it here?
Packed and linked in your first post!
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

mctronic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mctronic » 23 Oct 2016, 19:16

Hello Milos,

Just started to play the map and it looks promising. I noticed there are 7 CPUs players. Have you ever considered to disable the AI for several weeks for faster turns ?
Last edited by mctronic on 23 Oct 2016, 19:16, edited 1 time in total.

Milos Gajic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Milos Gajic » 23 Oct 2016, 20:43

mctronic wrote:Hello Milos,

Just started to play the map and it looks promising. I noticed there are 7 CPUs players. Have you ever considered to disable the AI for several weeks for faster turns ?
Well that would require that there are no heroes active from the beginning (they have to be reserve heroes) iirc and I wanted to give player a look as to what kind of force he's against. Although I might change that in future as the map is still in development.

Be sure to read the text file that goes with the map and play as much as you can. I will consider any suggestion and possible improvement or idea about anything about the map.

Cheers!

Milos Gajic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Milos Gajic » 24 Oct 2016, 08:48

mctronic wrote:Hello Milos,

Oh, I forgot to mention one thing - be sure to complete the peasant quest at the peasant island (good quest) and not the lord's quest (evil) because his quest leads to the point where you will have very little army and no place to recruit any (because that part is not scripted yet). So choose the peasant quest to complete (they nullify each other) and then you'll be able to recruit peasants.

Milos Gajic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Milos Gajic » 28 Oct 2016, 07:53

Map update sent:
-added some new quests
-fixed minor bugs
-walkthrough added
-fixed some script errors

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Oct 2016, 19:42

Just FYI: I don't come here as often as I used to anymore, so it may be a good idea to collect fixes in larger updates; hotfixes aren't really what I can do.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

mctronic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mctronic » 28 Oct 2016, 23:20

Just finished your map. Overall it's very good.

Nothing to say other than suggesting disabling AI turn when heroes is not on player's island for faster plays. I would also remove your walkthrough. Did the game King Bounty came with a walkthrough :D. More discovery because of this.

Again, your mapmaking and scripting skills are very good.

I could of seen your map be included in a "Collector's HOMM5".

Once your game is finished (99%), I'll test it again.
Last edited by mctronic on 28 Oct 2016, 23:23, edited 2 times in total.

Milos Gajic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Milos Gajic » 29 Oct 2016, 09:06

mctronic wrote:Just finished your map. Overall it's very good.

Nothing to say other than suggesting disabling AI turn when heroes is not on player's island for faster plays. I would also remove your walkthrough. Did the game King Bounty came with a walkthrough :D. More discovery because of this.

Again, your mapmaking and scripting skills are very good.

I could of seen your map be included in a "Collector's HOMM5".

Once your game is finished (99%), I'll test it again.
Thank you for playing/testing. I will try to finish it in some 'normal' amount of time. I am glad you liked it and I will try to make it even better in future.
If you want you can check out some of my regular maps (not RPG styled) here: http://www.maps4heroes.com/heroes5/maps ... ze=&sort=2
I recommend The Crysis, Five Sons of The King, Battle For Crimea, etc.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”