Heroes VII. - Development cancelled

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Heroes VII. - Development cancelled

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 13 Oct 2016, 05:20

Ryder wrote:Katauri to the rescue. :applause:

Hopefully. :S
Just hope they give it to the original KB team, not the monkeys who cobbled Warriors of the North and its sequels together... I basically beta-tested that game for them, after an official release. And they haven't made a KB2 still, so I don't know how well we can trust them...

Troller
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby Troller » 13 Oct 2016, 08:29

BB Shockwave wrote:
Romanov77 wrote:Good riddance.

Now we just need to get rid of Ubisoft and then get rid of Ashan.
Amen! Bring back Enroth and Erathia. Let's pretend Heroes 4 never happened, either. I have no issues with the gameplay, but I hated that they destroyed decades worth of lore in one game and killed important characters off.
After Heroes 3 I don't think I want to go back to Enroth or Erathia ;-) Though we talked about XCom in another thread, and I think the way they handled the story for XCom2 was inspirational, so reboot the story in a world where Archibald won :devil:

overall
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby overall » 15 Oct 2016, 23:47

well not much a surprise...
i haven't play H7 since i played it through... these past heroes games been much same old bit like star wars movies they could try to film those sometime bit different perspective... i would rather seen third person rpg made of this game or even mmo...
but i think its bit too late since theres so many of them unless its made on oculus or something more interesting...
i dont think that ubisoft has any hurry to sell this frachise and is there even buyer for it...

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 29 Oct 2016, 12:41

BTW, I believe it should be MUCH CHEAPER to do live action filming, than 3D modelling, for certain cutscenes.

There are lots of cosplayers who would be happy to sit around a round table and discuss strategy with H7 Ivan, for instance. You could get actual fan volunteers to do all the work, and just pay the cameraman and maybe loan a few rooms in some castle, and get good enough life-action quality.

Understandably, certain actions like flying dragons and huge armies won't be possible given budgetary constraints. But that's not beyond a good scriptwriter to finesse. Sometimes you can just pay a studio a bit of money to reuse a few seconds of their discarded footage eg a brief clip of some flying dragon that didn't make the final cut in Game of Thrones. That is better than having static 'animations' without moving mouths like in H7.

Return to “News”