Masters of Sighisoara - a whole new continent!

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
overall
Pixie
Pixie

Re: Masters of Sighisoara - a whole new continent!

Unread postby overall » 15 Jul 2016, 13:56

yea i was bit thinking that does it have something to do with real world Romania...
but nice to know that it isn't somewhere between Singapore and Shanghai...
hmm... just in case i'm gonna put myself a note that Sighisoara isn't in China nor made by two Asian guys... looking forward its next chapter! :)

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 20 Jul 2016, 19:05

overall wrote:yea i was bit thinking that does it have something to do with real world Romania...
but nice to know that it isn't somewhere between Singapore and Shanghai...
hmm... just in case i'm gonna put myself a note that Sighisoara isn't in China nor made by two Asian guys... looking forward its next chapter! :)

Haha yes, it is a fact that the name was found by googling for medieval towns or something like it. I was 15 at the time that I needed to get a new name for a continent.
Actually, the entire idea of making a continent was from a teacher of mine that had us draw fantasy maps as an assignment. I decided to create the world of Sighisoara. The names of the nations are far from what I would choose them to be this day... But however, they all got a special place in my heart.

The next chapter should be finished in a very near future. Playtesting is going on, working on an update for map number 2 as we speak. Not sure, but do believe Yurian is working on updating map 3 as well! :)

Latest from Facebook page:

""On the other side of the great border fence (and the magical barrier that surrounds it) stands the biggest creature you have ever set your eyes upon. And to think that once these creatures were at war with the Arch Mages of Jarall. Even more fascinating is the fact that the Arch Mages actually survived the war and managed to obtain half of the contested area. Great power truly lies resting here in the magic infused enhancted lands. Feeling sneaky, you successfully slip away unnoticed before the guards spot you."

The Wizards Challenge is almost at an 0.98 state. Working on some updates that should be done by tommorow! :)"

"By the power of Zelas!"

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 27 Jul 2016, 10:38

Update on the 27th of July 2016

Dear Heroes fans and especially those of you who dig Heroes III: SoD,

Masters of Sighisoara III has been in the works since March 2013. The preliminary release date was first set to be the 31st of December, 2015.
Unfortunately, in order to be able to continue to ensure at all times the release of a quality product truly in our self-set "MoS-standard", we have already had to postpone twice the release of the Third Campaign. The current date of release is confirmed as being Thursday the 1st of September 2016.

Today's (27th of July 2016) report on the progress of the Third Campaign is as following. Map 1 is confirmed having reached version 0.97 while Map 2 is approaching version 0.98, with few important changes yet to be made. Map 3 is currently at 0.98 (beta) state. Last comes the final map (4) of the Third Campaign which is on its way to reach version 0.97. The campaign file itself is now being updated vigorously, with the stated aim of the Team being lifting its status from 0.93 to 0.97 by Sunday 31st of July 2016.

We are currently looking for additional people to serve as Map testers. For further information, please contact us by sending a message here in our thread or on the Masters of Sighisoara Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/h3MoS

With Heroic greetings,

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 31 Jul 2016, 21:58

oday marks a big milestone for us! All maps but map 4 are now in a 0.98 state (Map 4 is in 0.96b)

We are also just 1 like away from 300 on our facebook!

We invite you to come play test a late beta version, as we are in huge need of feedback. criticism and your thoughts on balancing!

Now, we make the final updates on the maps.
Release date is set to 1st of September (and this time, we really believe we can deliver too)!

DOWNLOAD CAMPAIGN VERSION 0.97 FROM GOOGLE DRIVE:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_2pn ... jk2b0RMakE

DOWNLOAD CAMPAIGN VERSION 0.97 FROM DROPBOX:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uwhbj168psyn9 ... 7.h3c?dl=0
"By the power of Zelas!"

overall
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby overall » 14 Aug 2016, 21:31

Oh ok thanks for clarification HeroOfPunk... i haven't played this new campaign yet but maps looks nice especially last two ones...
maybe some parts are bit squary but otherwise they look very cosy... i'll run it through when i got some time!...

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 15 Aug 2016, 21:46

Update, on Midnight between August 15th and 16th 2016

Happy Birthday, Napoleon Bonaparte!

Born on the 15th of August 1769, this Monday Bonapartists around Europe celebrated the late French Emperor's 247th Birthday.
I spent the night reading about his medical history. (Yes, the Emperor died of cancer in the stomach. And was not poisoned
by his British jailors as he claimed in his memoirs.)

"“He was England's greatest enemy, and mine too; but I forgive him everything.
On the death of a Great Man Like him, we should only feel deep concern and regret.”

Sir Hudson Lowe, May 6, 1821

(Sir Hudson Lowe was the British military governor of the island of St. Helena, Napoleon's final place of exile)

Back to the Masters of Sighisoara III: A Gyondrian's Tale which is nearing completion.

The MoS III campaign was updated to version 0.98 Alfa earlier today. I even have the campaign save game file stored on my harddrive and on the web for your, our fellow H3 fans, benefit. All you need to do is to contact us, the Sighisoara Team and ask to receive your copy for general and open map testing purposes. The H3C.file (my campaign save game, that is) starts straight away at the beginning of map 3.

The individual maps of the Campaign III version 0.98 Alfa are in the following state:

Map 1, "The Teleport Device" is in version 0.98 and needs only to be checked for grammary.
Map 2. "The Wizard's Challenge" is confirmed to be in 0.98 state. Some minor things may be changed yet.
Map 3. "King of the Mountains" has reached version 0.98b and is in excellent shape quality wise.
Map 4. ""Charles, Dragonslayer" was finally updated to version 0.98 after much hesitation, confusion and hard work.

The only thing that keeps me from declaring the whole 3rd Campaign "proper" version 0.98 is the matter of its conceived internal
balancing issues and perhaps the unpolished nature of the story bits, but these aren't that difficult to iron out.

We hope to hear your comment, advise and constructive criticism, so please don't hesitate to contact us. We'll send you a copy of the Campaign III's 0.98 Alfa version, after which you may play-test it and hopefully report back to us in order to let us know how we have fared in our journey so far.

With Heroic greetings,

Yurian Stonebow
World Manager and Main Coordinator of the Masters of Sighisoara Project

cristi1984
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cristi1984 » 01 Sep 2016, 06:44

I am blocked on the final map... It seems I can't disembark on the shore, on the western island. Please contact me asap.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 02 Sep 2016, 12:27

cristi1984 wrote:I am blocked on the final map... It seems I can't disembark on the shore, on the western island. Please contact me asap.
Hey Cristian!
Thank for your feedback, this has now been taken care of amongst other things, more updates are on their way and the campaign should be in a 1.0 state soon! :)
"By the power of Zelas!"

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 12 Sep 2016, 22:12

Quick update

The Campaign has now reached version 0.99. The Team is ever so glad to see our hard work producing some good fruit. Release is drawing ever so close! Now, if only we'd get to hear some positive news about the re-worked CH Maptesting and Maps section...

WBR,

Yurian

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 14 Sep 2016, 14:53

Yurian Stonebow wrote:Now, if only we'd get to hear some positive news about the re-worked CH Maptesting and Maps section...
https://www.celestialheavens.com/maptesting-manually
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 27 Sep 2016, 13:54

Update on the 27th of September 2016

Today's good news is that we have managed to update the Third Sighisoara Campaign (For Heroes III:SoD) to version 0.99b.
Individual maps of the Masters of Sighisoara III: A Gyondrian's Tale (0.99b) are in the following state:

Map 1, "The Teleport Device" is in version 1.0 and has duly been checked for typos, gameplay balance and grammatics.
Map 2. "The Wizard's Challenge" like map 1, it has finally been confirmed to have reached 1.0. The map is fully ready.
Map 3. "King of the Mountains" is at version 0.98b and is in excellent shape quality wise. Errors in grammatics have been checked.
Map 4. ""Charles, Dragonslayer" was recently updated to version 0.99 after a truly spirited noctural map making session.

The Team wishes to thank cristi1984 for test playing, splendid reports and help in improving the grammatics of the Campaign.

On a sidenote, we're sad to note that the Maps and Maptesting sections of CH have still not been updated and will wait
until the end of the year to see if anything happens on the said front. Meanwhile, we continue to test the Campaign manually
ourselves and in co-operation with the trusted few people enlisted "for greater glory" in our very own Maptesting Departement. :)

The release of the Third Campaign is near! Wait for the Sighisoara Trilogy's (2009-2016) Final Chapter to be published here shortly.

With Heroic greetings &
Peace and Love

Yurian

Main Coordinator and World Manager of the Masters of Sighisoara Project

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 08 Oct 2016, 01:27

The Sighisoara Team proudly presents...
Masters of Sighisoara III - A Gyondrian's Tale!
(Download here until we get it up on CH: goo.gl/UJPUr2 )

After more than three years in development, we can finally release our third Campaign to the public!
In Masters of Sighisoara III (For Heroes of Might and Magic 3: SoD/Complete) we follow Charles, a young adventurer who suffers the tragic loss of his parents.
Determined to seek a new life in faraway lands, he must battle himself through a vast variety of monsters and other evils.
How Charles destiny ends, is up to you to determine.

Something tells us that this is just the start!

We, the team, wishes to thank you all for your support, we also want to thank the map testers who made this possible, and the fast and talented work of our good friend Cristian!

Last edited by MadMax on 08 Oct 2016, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.
"By the power of Zelas!"

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 31 Oct 2016, 21:02

So, Masters of Sighisoara III is finally available for download, right here, on our favorite platform, Celestial Heavens!

Follow the link underneath to download MoS 3!

https://www.celestialheavens.com/featur ... 20Tale.h3c

We are also working on something that will summarize our series quite fine... 2 packs containing either all our campaigns or all our campaigns + maps + extras.

What would you like to see in the Masters of Sighisoara - Ultimate Edition ? :)
"By the power of Zelas!"

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 Nov 2016, 15:56

One .zip file with all the maps would be good. Set up as a campaign where you can actually play them one after another. Carryover heroes possible? Also, the .zip should contain a single readme with all the info you need, rather than lots of individual files.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 05 Nov 2016, 20:28

As a fellow map maker, I just wanted to congratulate you with the completion of your project. 7 years of work to hopefully please other fans of the game. That calls for respect and salute :applause: :tsup:
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 08 Nov 2016, 16:39

Hey, congratulations on the quest! Most of times these projects die in course and that's good seeing something come to the surface after all that dedication. :)
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 08 Nov 2016, 18:43

Kalah wrote:One .zip file with all the maps would be good. Set up as a campaign where you can actually play them one after another. Carryover heroes possible? Also, the .zip should contain a single readme with all the info you need, rather than lots of individual files.
Well, well, your wish was actually already close to done when you wrote this, it's now up for grabs on our drive!
Karmakeld wrote:As a fellow map maker, I just wanted to congratulate you with the completion of your project. 7 years of work to hopefully please other fans of the game. That calls for respect and salute :applause: :tsup:
Thank you very much Karmakeld, you have our respect as well, and we wish you further luck with your projects. Hit us up if you ever want to co-operate!
Panda Tar wrote:Hey, congratulations on the quest! Most of times these projects die in course and that's good seeing something come to the surface after all that dedication. :)
Thank you very much Panda! It is those few people that posts a comment or just gives a like on facebook that keep our spirit up. We are forever in debt to the Celestial Heavens Forums for forging this comradeship between me and Yurian, but also between us and the community.

So, today, on my 24th birthday, our team (of two people), release something that has been in the works for over 7 years.
This is the collection of all our campaigns.

Masters of Sighisoara Trilogy Pack
( Download from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_2pnC ... sp=sharing )

(Or if you just want the music from the pack:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_2pnC ... sp=sharing )

The pack includes
Masters of Sighisoara I - The Murdered Innkeep
Masters of Sighisoara II - The Undead of Xerphef
Masters of Sighisoara III - A Gyondrian's Tale
(It does not include our single scenarios, look forward to another release coming soon ;) )

Custom made music for our third campaign, made by Heroes of Might and Magic 3 composer Paul Anthony Romero (https://soundcloud.com/paul-anthony-romero), Jim Nordström (https://soundcloud.com/jimbookiller) and Per Pouraskari.
"By the power of Zelas!"

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 08 Nov 2016, 18:45

This big and powerful image actually (in full scale) features all our maps ever made... and will soon be available to you.... There is another pack coming up... But that will have to wait a bit as we still have some more work to do on it! :)
"By the power of Zelas!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 08 Nov 2016, 21:19

Anytime!

And happy birthday! :applause: 10 years younger than me! This young folk of the present. :lol:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 08 Nov 2016, 22:54

HeroOfPunk wrote:Thank you very much Karmakeld, you have our respect as well, and we wish you further luck with your projects. Hit us up if you ever want to co-operate!

Thank you very much Panda! It is those few people that posts a comment or just gives a like on facebook that keep our spirit up. We are forever in debt to the Celestial Heavens Forums for forging this comradeship between me and Yurian, but also between us and the community.
Thank you, and I'd welcome you to any H4 project as well ;) Currently my projects list is quite filled up with The Tale of Young Mudgeon, the Unity campaign (and Every Dog has His Day most likely to follow), learning about modding and figuring out if I can help out with H4 HD edition.. But then again, what is spare time for eh :tired: (but honestly, I think there are a handful of people in this community that would like to collaborate on some of the untold stories of the Enroth/Axeoth universe, if that should ever have your interest - but lets see where I'm at in about 7 years ;) ).

Anyway, not gonna steal more of your thunder. Hope you get some thumbs up, following the release, to make it worth the process.
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Return to “Heroes I-IV”