DRM vs GOG Reference

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

DRM vs GOG Reference

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 03 Aug 2016, 11:12

I know this isn't strictly M&M related but I was playing The Witcher 3 last night when I was given a quest to deactivate a tower's magical defences. To do this, I had to find the "user manual"  and give it to a mage. This is what I found.

Good Old Games do have several Might & Magic titles available, H6 being notable by its absence. Perhaps it wasn't good enough. Anyway, H7 has been on the market for a while now and there's every chance we'll see it on GOG in the not too distant future.
Read full article...
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

Erwinner
Scout
Scout

Re: DRM vs GOG Reference

Unread postby Erwinner » 03 Aug 2016, 22:17

{CH}ArticleBot wrote:Good Old Games do have several Might & Magic titles available, H6 being notable by its absence. Perhaps it wasn't good enough. Anyway, H7 has been on the market for a while now and there's every chance we'll see it on GOG in the not too distant future.
err no, aside from them not being good there is no chance to ever see them there if they are using Uplay/Conflux because Uplay/Conflux is DRM lol

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 03 Aug 2016, 22:39

Yeah like no game that had DRM when launched has ever made it to GOG eventually ...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 04 Aug 2016, 07:24

There is, if Ubisoft decide to leave Uplay or if GoG decided that Uplay doesn't mean DRM..
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Erwinner
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Erwinner » 04 Aug 2016, 14:24

Kalah wrote:Yeah like no game that had DRM when launched has ever made it to GOG eventually ...
no good to not just accept my point as valid mate, you said "there's every chance we'll see it on GOG in the not too distant future", going by a reasonable notion of not too distant as something we can see happening within some years, this is not true because there are things stopping every chance, like Uplay lol

as there is nowhere near every chance that Uplay will be dropped while Ubisoft exists, and not to mention zero chance H6 or H7 will ever be good, there is not every chance they will be on GOG lol
Pol wrote:There is, if Ubisoft decide to leave Uplay or if GoG decided that Uplay doesn't mean DRM..
there is not in the "not too distant future" which is the statement in the article I addressed, there is no sign of Vivendisoft dropping Uplay and GOG have decided it does mean DRM long ago lol

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 04 Aug 2016, 15:10

I actually omitted "not too distant future" in my statement, but it's still fuzzy. In case of Ubi, it's fuzzy enough. That reminds me, this day is that day when Trial of Fire should be released. We will see how much fuzziness was in this statement.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 07 Aug 2016, 17:58

GOG should not spoil its name by selling Bad Old Games.

Heroes VI qualifies as a BOG.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Aug 2016, 18:38

Yeah, I'll agree with that. Not all GOG games are truly good, though; some are just released as part of a package. H7 is pretty decent, btw, so I'm kinda hoping they'll release a non-Uplay GOG version in the future, stripped of all that online nonsense that doesn't work.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Return to “Screenshots”