Discuss Your Uplay experience

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.
Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Re: Discuss Your Uplay experience

Unread postby Dalai » 26 Jul 2016, 16:12

Pol wrote:It's not exactly fair to compare.
Why? The money they take can easily be compared with money Steam creators take. If their system is so reta... backward then may be they should be in $1 games business.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Erwinner
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Erwinner » 26 Jul 2016, 17:27

Pol wrote:Yes, but Valve is miles ahead of others. It's not exactly fair to compare.
haha after all the **** they've unleashed on this series and community are you seriously going to come in and suggest that Heroes fans should consider what's fair to Ubisoft, lol with all due respect I wouldn't even go there man lol

they rudely shove this client down the necks of the customer, thus they will face the music if it sucks to the competition, if you can take a dump on terrible games or terrible movies you can certainly rank DRM clients lol

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 26 Jul 2016, 18:45

That has nothing to do with Ubisoft.

Steam is not oldest client but it's most successful and most developed. It's like if you compare Google with Yahoo. The other one is clearly second rated but it doesn't mean that it needs to be bad. It's just instantly visible, same here.

So, in the same league, there's GoG Galaxy or Origin Client. They are at the same age and level of development.

Otherwise, anyone can freely compare to whatever he wants, if that's giving sense to him.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 30 Jul 2016, 20:20

Pol wrote:Yes, but Valve is miles ahead of others. It's not exactly fair to compare.
Since Ubisoft built Uplay with the specific intention of competing with platforms like Steam, I'll compare. And you're right, Valve are way ahead. You're also right that just because Uplay is worse than Steam, that doesn't mean Uplay is bad. Poor uptime rate, poorly supported infrastructure, several security issues and lack of flexibility - those mean Uplay is bad.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 05 Aug 2016, 16:28

Uplay causes my computer to slow down a lot even after logging out. I have experienced this with no other game before. Is that what the Memory Leak is about?

Anyway I think comparing Uplay with Steam is like comparing Internet Explorer 1.0 with 2016 Google Chrome.

Return to “Heroes VII”