Talk about the weather

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Talk about the weather

Unread postby Pol » 17 Jan 2016, 20:00

On the walk, with my daughter. The snow is fresh (again) and only God knows how long it will last, this time.

@Kalah
Very pretty. Definitively more snow :)

There we don't have such temperatures any more, today was over zero, so it's thawing again. When I was born (& circa two decades after as well), it was normal - at least three months of snow in town and almost six in mountains. With temperatures below zero, not much but enough, lot of snow in the mountains, always. In future, I'm very afraid, that it would be classified like stories for kids.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 17 Jan 2016, 21:30

Snowy Hell here as well... two more months of this suffering. I want my summer, like, now.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Jan 2016, 13:59

Winter FTW!
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Jan 2016, 20:53

Beautiful places. ^^ I would behave such as a noob going there only to make a snow angel on the ground and keep jumping about where the snow is most soft. :panda:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Jan 2016, 23:04

*envisioning the pumped up Panda diving in the snow* :rofl:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 19 Jan 2016, 12:53

:D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 22 Jan 2016, 17:39

Bunkering down for a possible historical blizzard to hit the DC area. Snow is just starting to cover the roads. :iceblock:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 22 Jan 2016, 20:09

How bad is that supposed to be? Are you guys going to be alright?

What about homeless people? When things like that happen, does the mayor or someone provide a public space so they can be safer or not?

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 22 Jan 2016, 21:23

Normally we get about 15 cm of snow in a storm. This one they say it will be at least 40 cm and possibly up to 60. The main problem this time is late tonight the winds will be very strong and a thundersnow storm is forecast. We should be fine as long as there is electricity and internet I will be a happy camper. I have a lot of DVDs to catch up on some I am breaking out the popcorn popper. :-D
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Apr 2016, 10:57

The meteorologists are saying that we'll get "the best weather in Europe" this weekend.

Yess! We wiiin! :D

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 11 Apr 2016, 07:08

^ Boooo. :tsdown:

It's raining for three days here. :(

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 11 Apr 2016, 09:36

There is cold. However meteorologist still insist that hot weather (20°C ?? ) will come and they are delaying the second spring approach accordingly, so if it didn't happened by Monday then it will come by Wednesday. If id didn't happened by Wed...

Previous Wednesday we had around 26°C, which officially break down temperature record for this day, which was around 23°C.

But yes, it's cold and ugly. No sun seen and no raining, just grey day. Fourth in a row.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 14 Apr 2016, 19:19

Well, summer is over but the days are still ranging around 32°C, sometimes raining wildly, then sunny and hot and hot and wet.

Last March was the hottest in the history of this State, which we felt, air conditioning working feverishly here and there, that lazy humdrum on the body due the heat. I felt like I had returned to the state I lived 11 years ago at North. And they said this year was going to be cold...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Apr 2016, 13:30

Spring is here. We're getting temperatures of about 10°C. :)

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 15 Apr 2016, 17:38

Going to Northern California next week. The forecasts are around 20 Celsius (or whatever is the Fahrenheit equivalent over there).
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Apr 2016, 13:47

Another week end of 30°C, and today is HOT! Sunny ... perfect day not to be where I am. :cry:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Jun 2016, 12:21

Summer has arrived; yesterday, Drammen was the warmest city in the country, with 31,4°C. :sweat:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 08 Jun 2016, 11:51

Wow, rather hot.

We are having a burst of 'cold' here. Around 5-15ºC.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 20 Jun 2016, 20:43

Rain today. All day. Good for the flowers, and for dampening the threat of forest fires. Not so good for being outdoors. Guess I'll play some more PC games.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 21 Jun 2016, 13:38

Meanwhile, still cold. They said this year would be very cold around here. We had 1.3ºC days ago, the lowest temperature registered in June.

Return to “Campfire”