Post your most interesting Might and Magic challenges!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 08 Jun 2010, 09:59

OK, obviously i did not take the maximum from those wells then.

Savegames with zeroed stats are from Klaravoyia, if it was not clear how this condition was obtained.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

New Might and Magic 3-5 Challenge!!

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 13 Feb 2011, 11:37

Your not heroes, your just kids!!

You will need a Universal Game Editor and OverKill's Darkside of Xeen UGE Module but you will need to manually enter the location for the game year it is at offset 14819 and 14820 for this challange (2 bytes).

Create Six Characters or use the default Six in the tavern and save your game.

Open the UGE and change all your new created characters stats to 21 then change the game year to 598 for Clouds of Xeen starting character and 798 for Darkside of Xeen starting Characters and the Game day back to One.

Now start the game and notice you get a huge – 20 stat penalty to Might, Personality, Intelligence, Endurance, Accuracy and Speed.

Have fun with 1 in every stat but Luck!!

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Your not heroes, your just kids!!

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 14 Feb 2011, 19:12

Thinking about the challenge, it might be somewhat difficult at Age 6 to break through walls with the two lead characters or open crates or boxes with 1 Str point(s).

You may have to find a Giant +12 Str or Thunder +17 Accessories or have your party start with a such ring so you have less of a problem until Str is regained at 11 and 18 Years of Age.

bob teh blob
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bob teh blob » 14 Feb 2011, 20:15

Can I ask, on MM7, how do you kill Xenofex with just one character at level 1?

There's a LOT of devils up there....

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 14 Feb 2011, 21:36

bob teh blob wrote:Can I ask, on MM7, how do you kill Xenofex with just one character at level 1?

There's a LOT of devils up there....
lure them out one at a time?
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 15 Feb 2011, 06:33

The Arena, Level 100, Lord Difficulty: 20 Gold Dragons.

Still haven't won this challenge. :)

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 15 Feb 2011, 12:40

Blasters in real-time mode?

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 17 Feb 2011, 21:19

Indeed.
And in turnbased mode with finger on the attack key too (very fast shooting by a single character).

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Tried the play WoX at Age 6 Challenge.

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 19 Feb 2011, 02:18

H-Orc Barbarian 9 Hp Max
Human Paladin 3 Hp Max 0 Sp Max
Gnome Archer 1 Hp Max 0 Sp Max
Dwarf Ninja 3 Hp Max
Gnome Cleric 1 Hp Max 1 Sp Max
Elf Cleric 1 Hp Max 1 Sp Max

With nearly everyone at 1 Acy none of my characters can hit anything... It is impossible to open the boxes in the Dwarf Mine(s) and normal bats are a major challenge at level one a group of 2-3 can decimate a party when they always hit you and you hardly ever hit them...

Slimes, Doom Bugs and Breeder Slimes in Vertigo are hard to defeat... I may have to re-think this challenge...

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 28 Apr 2013, 13:48

Another challenge idea.

Solo the game as a Knight, but with a twist. Bows and Blasters? Nope, not for you! No using Bows or Blasters the entire game! I mean come on, if you think of a real dark or middle ages knight do you think of a warrior using a bow right away? No, you think of a warrior wearing plate mail armor and wielding a sword and shield. You can use wands if you want though, since they're good for only so many uses and expensive.

The only exceptions to this rule are the following.
-M&M6: You can (and in fact must) use blasters to defeat the reactor. You can use one of your spare 'bags' to carry around a blaster when you get one, but you can't use the blaster for anything else.

-M&M7: You may use blasters against the sharks while under water outside the Lincoln, since you aren't allowed to use your normal melee in a wetsuit.

That means some of the battles, like dragons and Genies, etc, who like to fly high above you will be MUCH more of a challenge for your melee only Knight.

I'm going to start this challenge right now in Might and Magic 6.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 30 Apr 2013, 00:43

GreatEmerald wrote:Blasters in real-time mode?
This ends up making it trivial, so long as you have all the buffs and your light magic skill is high enough. The other easy way to do it is with 3 shrapmetal spam and 1 power cure spam.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 30 Apr 2013, 05:23

Arret wrote:This ends up making it trivial, so long as you have all the buffs and your light magic skill is high enough. The other easy way to do it is with 3 shrapmetal spam and 1 power cure spam.
These ways don't exclude each other. One character may be very trained in Light Magic, while the other one may concentrate on the Dark Magic. BTW, Day of Protection is the Dark School, so but light isn't enough.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 30 Apr 2013, 06:39

Day of Protection is completely irrelevant as Gold Dragons do energy damage. I am referring to the huge speed boosts from Day of the Gods and Hour of Power at high light magic skill. It brings recovery time to 0 for Blasters in Real Time mode if you are high enough light skill. I think it only takes around level 20 master.

The same thing happens in MM7, but you have to have artifacts/light high enough to reach 500 speed.

MM6Kergmond
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MM6Kergmond » 30 Apr 2013, 09:15

Hi!

Sorry to come a bit late in the topic!
The challenges i've realised and find interesting are :

MM6 : solo knight game.
The rules where : no reload abuse (not using the reload in the fights). Not use any bug. Not using the Kriegspire well. Not using the infinite money of NWC.
It was a very nice challenge and game that untertained me alot and add something to normal games i had played before.
However i did many mistakes in term of times (many days lost in unproductive ways) and took 7months. I was level 103.
It also made me wonder more about the MM system of fighting and i must thank alot GrayFace for his article and the Bone's Combat guide.
Reading both was helpful.

I also tried a solo minotaur game in MM8 but i never had the courage to finish it. It was quite boring to me.

Gilnar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Post your most interesting Might and Magic challenges!

Unread postby Gilnar » 07 Mar 2016, 22:11

MM6: only dress your characters in stuff that won't make them look ridiculous. Same goes for weapons.
Sysl krysu nenahradí!

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Re:

Unread postby Macros the Black » 08 Mar 2016, 00:17

tolich wrote:The Arena, Level 100, Lord Difficulty: 20 Gold Dragons.

Still haven't won this challenge. :)
I did this before getting blasters in my last playthrough (default party). It's actually not that hard, ducking in the corner next to the stairs is key as well as bringing potions of divine magic (otherwise you run out of healing too fast). I was fighting in turnbased mode using Dragonbreath or melee, ddepending on if I could reach the dragons without getting more to attack me.

I imagine Supreme Titans and Terminator Drones are more difficult.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 08 Mar 2016, 05:21

Yes they are. Instadeath has no protection and requires master healers or sorcerer's divine intervention when your healers get murdered.

Jaspergentry
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jaspergentry » 01 Jun 2016, 11:52

Has anyone done, mm7 4 monks?
Na, That's not me...

Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Avatar86 » 01 Nov 2023, 21:09

Just compleated a Level 1 Challange run in the Might and Magic 8 Merge Mod (6-7-8). This was really fun and fairly challanging :) (ca 15-30h to complete). I do recomend trying it!

Rules:
Start with all Level 1.
Never ever train to level up.
Never recruit a member that is over Level 1 (find another way).
Wells, boosters, stat enhansers are all allowed. (Except maybe the well in Land of the Giants, that’s just Cheese)
Any %
Game is compleated when you cleared the Controlled Breach with the Runnaway Chaos (level 1 diploma) AND the Telelocator ”reseting time” (or did you…?).
Starting your New Game+ in Level 1…

You can have any party, I had 1 Cleric and 4 Sorcerers!
(My score: 6286, 1y11m13d - you must beat it!)

Have a Nice Play! :tsup:

Return to “Might and Magic”