Trial By Fire - The Dwarf expansion

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.
hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Re: Trial By Fire- The Dwarf expansion

Unread postby hellegennes » 26 May 2016, 23:36

Um... what? How different are a bear and a rhino structurally in real life? Aren't all felids palette swaps for that matter?

gourley4p
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby gourley4p » 27 May 2016, 22:51

I wouldn't agree that they are palette swaps, but I would contend they are too similar in shape as they appear in 2D on that page.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Jun 2016, 18:58

Ardent Dragon ...
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 07 Jul 2016, 17:33

It seems that someone in Ubisoft has awaken:

Dwarven Warfare Units

LucJPatenaude
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LucJPatenaude » 11 Jul 2016, 16:58

Very nice Screenshot Avonu! Looks very GrimHeimy!
Which one is the town and fort or, even, a creature dwelling?
I can't wait for my way better PC for way better graphics just like the ones we all see in this screenshot.
Did you zoom out a lot or, how did you do it? I could not find a way at doing so, for the last couple years(sheesh!)
;)

gourley4p
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby gourley4p » 15 Jul 2016, 21:57

Dwarf heroes announced

LucJPatenaude
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LucJPatenaude » 16 Jul 2016, 13:45

That was excellent news, indeed!
Seeing more female dwarf heroes joining Svea is, quite welcome.
The better news is to see at least one hero in both classes that has an interest at learning the Paragon specialization. Paragon is the one that forces the hero at starting to learn both might and magic skills right at the very start of any map played on. So, when your are done spending the 3 first skill enhancing points as to when the hero gains enough experience in order to have a level up, now, you can start seriously at concentrating on the true specializations of that specific hero(at least one of them up to master level: level 10+).
I, still, wonder how a player will ever reach level 30+ on any map for the matter. Since, that is how high your hero will ever need to reach peek grand-master height of the whole 3 mastery skills of such specific hero.
;)

gourley4p
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby gourley4p » 26 Jul 2016, 23:04

New neutral creatures coming in the expansion. Link

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 31 Jul 2016, 08:12

The archer and the knight does look generic at best.

The Kraken and the Lizardman, though... are awesome.
And still no Mighty Gorgons. :anime:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 01 Aug 2016, 14:09

Better not to expect Mighty Gorgons. As these new developers like to destroy some units' signature moves, it's likely they'll bring Mighty Gorgons with a Lovely Gaze (increases target's love for life).
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 04 Aug 2016, 16:54

And it was officially released!

Trial by Fire come in two editions:
#1 - Standalon Addon Trial by Fire for 30€
#2 - MMH7: Complete Edition (including base game, Lost Tales of Axeoth campaigns and Trial by Fire expansion) for an unknown price and availability atm

source: ~ubi

Youtube link.

I don't know if intended but there's a little pun in the video.

"Only one thing can still turn a tide..."

That for sure is true.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

gourley4p
Pixie
Pixie

Re: Trial By Fire - The Dwarf expansion

Unread postby gourley4p » 04 Aug 2016, 18:20

Whoa. I have been a strong fan, but that $30 price tag is steep. I will be waiting for a sale.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 04 Aug 2016, 18:28

Heh, I will be thinking about getting Complete Edition next year - we will see if the platform will be still living. But, it sounds quite a a bit as a last one.

Anyway even if I got it next year I won't be having time to play it, so it will be mostly to complete the collection.

As usually, if you are from USA you will pay 30$, still lot but a lil better.

Many questions remain, one of them is, if soundtrack will be available in announced Complete Edition.

Or everlasting, like patches, editor, community, modding.. - simply if the game will be able to staying on its own. Decisive.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 04 Aug 2016, 20:36

Price in my country is around half the price in dollars.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 04 Aug 2016, 21:42

Yep Panda, that's nice to know. There are such happy regions in the world. I guess that the same it will be also in Poland and perhaps some other easternians have also such luck.

True is, that if they would be selling that for a half, people would be buying it a lot. Because still, the franchise is famous, and for 15$ it would be a steal. With a bit of PR.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 04 Aug 2016, 22:02

Pity the game is so bad. :lol: Other games, though, are not getting that sort of pricing advantage, for some ominous reason.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 04 Aug 2016, 22:47

@Panda Tar
Maybe they believe in your huge market. :D

Now I remember some interview about AVG having huge potential base of customers in Brazil. Where is clearly visible that they are paying in waves, or not, dictated by economy.

Unfortunatelly we are not "developing market" any more. So all is for full price and extra, for a specific flavour or what. If you would like to aim in the middle you would need to look for USA or Germany. They have it perfectly balanced.

I'm actually awaiting review. Which would clear the proclaimed AI enhancements and, and the game itself. Pitty that they decided to cancel the twitch show.
"We made it!"

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 05 Aug 2016, 16:23

Don't worry folks, I'm sure that within a year the price will be under 10 USD. After all, I'd gotten my H7 legally for only 10 USD less than a year after it first came out.

Best of all, H7 is so un-addictive that you won't miss it too much. Not hard to delay buying it until next summer break. :D

gourley4p
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby gourley4p » 05 Aug 2016, 18:23

And now we see the Complete Edition is priced at $49.99 on Steam or Green Man Gaming. It contains the base game and the expansion. The base game appears unavailable as a separate purchase. An interesting ploy to attempt to get release day prices out of the game 9 months after release.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 05 Aug 2016, 18:42

They're so messed up, imho. Disrespectful is all I can say.

@cjlee
What happened to your old account?

Return to “Heroes VII”