Contents Wanted

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re: Contents Wanted

Unread postby Karmakeld » 03 Apr 2016, 13:40

Haha the excuse being you're a Norway speaker :D Erwinner, with that remark I feel like saying your sentence is perhaps wronger than Kalah's ;)
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Erwinner
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Erwinner » 03 Apr 2016, 19:53

Kalah wrote:No, it's 'contents' as in plural form. I'm contented with my use of this term lol
nope I'm sorry mate, I am from Scotland and speak native English, in English you will almost always say we've got "new content for our site" not "new contents for our site", please read Cambridge dictionary gg hf lol
Karmakeld wrote:Erwinner, with that remark I feel like saying your sentence is perhaps wronger than Kalah's ;)
lol my sentences are all deliberately bad mate they're a satire of Erwin and Ubisoft lol

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 03 Apr 2016, 20:30

Since Erwinner put me KO once about a famous quotation falsely imputed to Voltaire (99,9999 % of french think so), now if he says "earth is cubic lol", I go gather evidence first.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 Apr 2016, 10:30

I just checked with my colleague, who teaches English, and she says either form can be idiomatically correct depending on the form, but as I'm literally asking for contents (in different forms) for the website, it works better for me to use the plural form as it's the same as listing "a book's table of contents".
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Erwinner
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Erwinner » 05 Apr 2016, 12:59

I will email my brother to check back with his professor of literature at Edinburgh right now lol

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 05 Apr 2016, 14:30

Haha come on guys, lets stay on topic, more content for the site to keep things going! :D

I like GreatEmerald's ideas on the technical side of things.

I'm still working hard on the H4MG, and am getting really close to having an initial version for people to test and play around with. Some nice advanced options that the H4 editor doesn't have :)

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 13 Apr 2016, 15:27

Super Goober wrote:
Super Goober wrote:I can share my story of what happened in a Might and Magic fan project called Children of the Void and how I met three of the original developers from New World Computing.
Here is a drawing from Shelly Garcia, Heroes 2 artist. It's a gift from her to Celestial Heavens and the Heroes community in general, after I showed her just how much her work is appreciated 20 years later.

Wow, this is great, I would love to hear your story!
"By the power of Zelas!"

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 14 Apr 2016, 19:26

Kalah wrote:I just checked with my colleague, who teaches English, and she says either form can be idiomatically correct depending on the form, but as I'm literally asking for contents (in different forms) for the website, it works better for me to use the plural form as it's the same as listing "a book's table of contents".
That's absolutely correct. Otherwise it would be "table of content" and "the bottle content". It would be "content wanted" if it was a particular thing.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 21 Apr 2016, 11:09

Speaking of content, I went ahead to start a facebook page, I would love to have 1-2 more admins that simply helps with posting news and with sharing interesting forum posts etc!

https://www.facebook.com/CHMightandMagic/?fref=ts
"By the power of Zelas!"

Return to “News”