The Lost Tales of Axeoth

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.
Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Re: The Lost Tales of Axeoth

Unread postby Marzhin » 17 Mar 2016, 19:15

You really hate to admit you're wrong, don't you? :D
Erwinner wrote:if you didn't force it to for some reason rule out quest texts as adventure map texts lol
I didn't "rule them out", I said I didn't think you considered those to be "adventure map texts". Be more precise next time ;)
And as said before most quest description were from Terry himself anyway.
Erwinner wrote:name all the "visiting shells"
You're grasping at straws now. I didn't have to invent anything here. All the names appear in the story itself. There a vampire living in a mansion? The shell is called "Vampire Mansion". Big whoop.
Erwinner wrote:also I see some foibles in some other texts, like your patented two consecutive hyphens from the typewriter era instead of a dash, --, I never saw Terry Ray use those lol
And yet that's the way it is in Terry's original texts. Here's a scan:

(Before you ask, the red markings are not from me, they were already there.)

So thanks for your kind words, I'll take that Pullitzer Prize now ;)

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 17 Mar 2016, 19:32

And then out of nowhere, a dancing leprechaun jumped out from the bushes and offered Genevieve either 500 gold or 5 gems. The decision was difficult; it's not as if she had to choose between 1000 gold and 500 experience - that's easy. 8|

Erwinner
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Erwinner » 17 Mar 2016, 19:53

Marzhin wrote:You really hate to admit you're wrong, don't you? :D

I didn't "rule them out", I said I didn't think you considered those to be "adventure map texts". Be more precise next time ;)

You're grasping at straws now. ... Big whoop.

So thanks for your kind words, I'll take that Pullitzer Prize now ;)
come on there's no need for pettiness to drag down the conversation please, I thought you are a professional to act more dignified than this,
in my opinion it is mutual misinterpretation where we could clarify and continue, but if you aim to shift goalposts for semantic point-scoring and jeer people to be wrong then fair enough, I'm wrong lol
Marzhin wrote:And yet that's the way it is in Terry's original texts. Here's a scan:
there is no instance of two consecutive hyphens in that text mate, that's not even one of the texts I was referring to at all lol

you are the one who uses the double hyphens, I don't think Terry Ray does lol

but anyway this is all silly chat now, best thing to do is to release your assets to be fair to the community as promised, then there is no beef and Heroes 4 guys can make them for Heroes 4, thanks for that,

after that I would petition you if you can make Heroes 7 an acceptable game too, but unfortunately Ashan is being burned in flames so game and series will probably die after dwarven expansion, alas lol

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 17 Mar 2016, 20:03

Erwinner wrote:after that I would petition you if you can make Heroes 7 an acceptable game too, but unfortunately Ashan is being burned in flames so game and series will probably die after dwarven expansion, alas lol
Yup but I would bet good money the team is too proud, arrogant, stubborn and incompetent to put expansions budget to good use aka redesign the dumb gamedesign and prefer ship in more Bullshan no one cares about instead. :canthear:
Last edited by Galaad on 17 Mar 2016, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 17 Mar 2016, 20:09

Thanks Marzhin. Its very precious for us to see original text. I have hope we can paste all original text to our campaign.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 17 Mar 2016, 21:05

Erwinner wrote:there is no instance of two consecutive hyphens in that text mate, that's not even one of the texts I was referring to at all lol

you are the one who uses the double hyphens, I don't think Terry Ray does lol
OK my bad, I did misread your post. For some reason I thought you were talking about using the — at the beginning of dialog lines instead of ". I apologize. It's been a long day.
That said, I don't think you've found any case of "--" outside of the aforementioned quest UI texts, so my point still stands: all the narrative texts are 100% written by Terry. Outside of the intro/outro cutscene all texts I contributed to are peripheral and don't affect Terry's story.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 17 Mar 2016, 22:05

Marzhin, as a favor for your fellow mapmakers, it would be great if you could find the time to share the original texts, when you have the time, and preferably before both stories have been released. As mentioned, we're currently interested in the Unity script, besides I don't expect you to be able to share the other just yet ;)
But we'd be grateful if you would pm one of us for further contact. Thanks in advance.
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

gourley4p
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby gourley4p » 20 Mar 2016, 20:44

Marzhin, my thanks go out to those of you who worked on the second stage of the Lost Tales of Axeoth. It had the feel (story, creatures, music) of Heroes IV. Well done. I will play some more soon.

gourley4p
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby gourley4p » 04 Apr 2016, 13:55

Well, I finished Lost Tales this weekend. I really enjoyed the story telling. It reminded me of my favorite part of Heroes IV. Now to learn how to use the editor intelligently!

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 04 Apr 2016, 14:03

I haven't played the game myself, but have been watching a walkthrough, on hard, and it seems to me, that if a casual player can beat like 80-90% of the battles on hard, within 1 round and with 0 to minimal losses, it could've used some more time balancing the maps. Indeed the story is good, and some of the maps did have some nice landscapes. I really liked some of the battlescenarie, as that simply has more enviroment compared to H4.

@Gourley4p, you wrote you really enoyed the story telling, what about the rest? The gameplay, level designs etc?
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

gourley4p
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby gourley4p » 05 Apr 2016, 20:03

Karmakeld wrote: @Gourley4p, you wrote you really enoyed the story telling, what about the rest? The gameplay, level designs etc?
First, I would have to agree that the AI was a little easier in Lost Tales than in the main campaign. Except for one fight when an Earthquake spell nearly wiped out my whole army in one shot, I was able to be very aggressive and even take on deadly encounters mostly unscathed.

As for level design, I had mixed feelings. I really did not like the first level's design at all, though I loved the music and the mode of telling the story through scripted popups. Levels 2-5 had better design. I enjoyed little touches like moon does and tigers watching from the scenery. It was great to play with the tigers and mermaids again. The atmosphere really brought me back to when I first played Heroes IV, which wasn't until 2005 because of how universally the fandom panned the game.

The best mechanic of Lost Tales to me was the mastery of magic. It felt great to have access to the most powerful spells from all schools. Yes, it was a little OP, which is why the developers don't allow that to be the norm. But it was fun. Likewise, the might hero felt like a truly powerful might hero. The worst mechanic was the magical seals. All those do is try to disguise a linear design.

Return to “Heroes VII”