Kickstart Paul Anthony Romero!

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

Kickstart Paul Anthony Romero!

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 14 Mar 2016, 11:31

Currently out on Kickstarter is a project you might be interested in: the first Heroes of Might and Magic piano sonata album and scorebook.

"The aim of the project is to release Paul Anthony Romero’s album and scorebook with the Heroes of Might and Magic game series soundtrack, recorded during the composer’s only piano concert in Torun, Poland during the 13th Tofifest International Film Festival on October 24, 2015."

The goal is to release the album both digitally and on CD and vinyl, and they have just under 2 weeks left to raise the $30.000 needed to see the project through.

Read full article...
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Kickstart Paul Anthony Romero!

Unread postby Pol » 14 Mar 2016, 21:54

Would be nice but money are missing.

I actually checked the previous bids from the same team and they were never successfull - apart from first Viola Organista project!

Edited.

Vitirr
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Vitirr » 16 Mar 2016, 19:23

It is a shame that they are not going to make it. It speaks volumes of the state of the community, but to say the truth their campaign is awful. If you've followed kickstarter a bit you know that it is not enough anymore to just present your idea with a sloppy video and have a big name behind (even if it is Paul Romero). You really have to post content and updates, drag the media, social networks, help spread the word. Here it looks like they want the fans to make all the work for them... no wonder why so few people has pledged, probably very few know about it.

I've contributed with my money and sending the news to rpgdot, but I guess it will be in vain.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 17 Mar 2016, 19:33

This would be cool, but it doesn't look like it will come close to the goal (why is it so expensive?)

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 17 Mar 2016, 23:06

I too wondered about the high costs. It could be stuff like expensive publisher or high quality paper being chosen for the scorebook and I also think vinyl is an additional expense, likely quite costly compared to cd. But 30k $ seems quite expensive. How many copies do they plan to release? If a regular cd release would cost anywhere near just 15k $ I don't think you'd see any underground/independent publishing's. The same goes for book printing. You'd have to sell alot of books to cover even a 10k $ bill. So I would seek out ways to reduce the costs and Vitirr is right, they should be better at doing some advertising. Just my 2 cent.

Edit: I believe there is somewhere near 300k people liking Heroes 3 on facebook, so a post in that particular group, advertising for a donation of 10 cent/person and they should be close to their goal :D
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Coldy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Coldy » 21 Mar 2016, 18:34

I've backed the project a few days ago. First time I heard about it was here. I wonder if the project was advertised to all major communities.
It would be a shame if they didn't make it.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Mar 2016, 19:23

Well, I've done my part. :D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 22 Mar 2016, 13:47

Last five days.

164 backers. Pledged $4,763 of $30,000 goal.

Still less than 169 backeres, which were for the Viola Organista CD and of course huge money gap.

No advertising killed the goat? :)

Erwinner
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Erwinner » 22 Mar 2016, 21:46

I'd say the goat was definitely killed by the no advertising mate,
plus a few years ago this kickstarter would have probably made that much in one day, I think Heroes 6 and 7 have poisoned the well and nuked the goat of interest in Heroes, even though Paul is still great and has nothing to do with that lol

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 26 Mar 2016, 15:20

Disturbingly sad.

Last 24hrs, not much closer at this moment. Received a "Thank You Letter". Hope that this can be somehow saved

Considering the number of participants it was actually success. 174 backers and almost 5000$ pledged. That should be enough for mp3, flac and piano sheet music book. Having everything just digital would save a lot of money - that however doesn't solve additional goodies.

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 26 Mar 2016, 15:23

AFAIK they don't get any money with Kickstarter if they don't at least reach the target.
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 26 Mar 2016, 17:42

It would work out of Kickstarter, that's a possibility.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “News”