Report Site&Forum Bugs [since Aug'15]

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Re: Report Site&Forum Bugs [since Aug'15]

Unread postby Galaad » 24 Feb 2016, 14:08

Might have spoken a bit too fast, took me several minutes to log in this time, and pages sometimes load normally sometimes slow now.

JSE
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby JSE » 24 Feb 2016, 16:31

The pages seem to load normally now, and logging in also works again. Good work! :tsup:

Do you have any more info on the cause of the problems? Was the site under some sort of attack?

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 24 Feb 2016, 20:20

The loading times are back to normal, but I'm still having problems with the main forum page. When I enter the forums from celectialheavens, or click on "Round Table" while in any forum / sub forum, I'm shown the "logged out" version of the main forum page. If I try to click "login" at the top right, nothing happens. If I try to use the login form at the bottom of the page, the page reloads, but continues to show the logged out version of the main page. If I navigate to any sub forum other than the main forum page, I'm shown as logged in.

The main forum page also seems to be showing old posts as the latest posts for each of the sub forums.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 24 Feb 2016, 23:09

Purged the sessions and cache, perhaps it will do something.

Kinda still under investigation, but one is clear we will need to fortify. China is a too big realm and someone from here like to playing jokes.

Forum index page will work normally now.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 24 Feb 2016, 23:20

Cleared all my browsing data, and now the "Round Table" seems to be bugged out. I can't take a screen cap here, but the forum index shows the source code for the phpBB

Code: Select all

/** * * This file is part of the phpBB Forum Software package. * * @copyright (c) phpBB Limited * @license GNU General Public License, version 2 (GPL-2.0) * *
etc.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 24 Feb 2016, 23:26

I see it normally but it seems that you were too fast. That was here certainly for a while.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 25 Feb 2016, 00:23

Forum index page shows default skin and tells me I'm logged in while I'm logged out, not much of a bother but just so you know.

On good news this time I could log in normally, no delay.

Ps. What's the deal about chinese lol

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 25 Feb 2016, 08:43

I had the same issue as iLiVe.. but only with certain treads. Ironically I couldn't enter this tread as it bugged out, lead me to front page with source code displaying. But it seemed to get fixed last evening. At least my load time, remembered log in, skins and treads all work normally again.
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 25 Feb 2016, 19:13

Just to update, the source code appearing when I go to the forum index is no longer happening. The first time I went to the forum index and logged in, things looked as expected. However, when I went to a sub-forum, and then navigated back to the forum index, I was shown the default skin as if I had been logged out.

Still logged in when I navigate to sub forums, it just seems to be the forum index still.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 26 Feb 2016, 11:45

Just to ensure you, this is still being worked out.
"We made it!"

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 26 Feb 2016, 16:13

Thanks Pol :D Not trying to rush you guys, I just wanted to let you know what I was seeing.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 27 Feb 2016, 08:45

Ok good to know, because is being said I'm logged in when I'm logged out, that I'm logged out when I'm logged in, theme can change each time I clic anywhere, the previous delay issue is worse than ever too (the old one that was never resolved), it can take hours now to see when a new post has been made.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 27 Feb 2016, 09:07

Bummer for you. I got logged out a few days ago, but viewing and load time is regular again for me both on pc and mobile and no issues with delay on new responses either. So it don't seem to be a general issue.
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 27 Feb 2016, 09:50

And I see your post only now. Well it doesn't matter much if it only affects me, but maybe lucky you too. This is the only website where I have such issues, I visit regularly Debian forums and they use the same stuff for their website I think and all works flawlessly so I guess there is something wrong in the general config. I would help if I could but I have no knowledge in websites.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 27 Feb 2016, 13:18

The site works well for me now, is it still slow for anybody else?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 27 Feb 2016, 15:54

Site loads OK, but I can't see any new topics (even news/PotD on main page) if I'm not logged. See above posts.

EDIT:
Even when I'm logged, I can't see recently added posts - last news only show me ArticleBot as last poster on main forum page.
It seems like no one post anything since my last visit, while in fact it is not true.

EDIT 2:
Ctrl+F5 fixed above issue but I'm wonder for how long?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 28 Feb 2016, 12:21

Ctrl+F5 should fix it forever. Some parts of site are not yet up, noticeably RSS or counter.
"We made it!"

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 29 Feb 2016, 09:46

How can ctrl-f5 fix anything?
Still complete chaos for me, just saw today only some posts made two days ago...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Feb 2016, 11:20

The forum appears as I'm logged out, but I deleted all board cookies and then hit ctrl+f5 and it did work. Weird, but...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re:

Unread postby Avonu » 01 Mar 2016, 10:16

Pol wrote:Ctrl+F5 should fix it forever. Some parts of site are not yet up, noticeably RSS or counter.
It isn't work, at least when I am not logged. There seems to be some problem with cookies, because on computer which doesn't rememer cookies, CH and forum loads OK with each new session, on computer with cookies it's not.

I'm using FF 44.0.2

Return to “Campfire”