10th design iteration

Forum for discussing the Heroic tabletop game
Groovy
Golem
Golem

10th design iteration

Unread postby Groovy » 05 Dec 2015, 20:09

I’ve decided to consolidate all the information about the 10th design iteration into a single thread. This should make it easier to see how it fits together, and hopefully spot any holes I may have overlooked.

This is the entry level only - level 1 creatures with no ability tokens, faction-specific map buildings, heroes, and other complex features. It uses more descriptive cards to help newcomers get to grips with the game.

I have introduced the concept of faction abilities. These are abilities that are available to every unit that a player controls by virtue of the player controlling a town of that faction. So, for example, if a player controls the Sylvan town, every unit under his control will have the Forestwalk ability.
Last edited by Anonymous on 15 Jan 2016, 06:11, edited 1 time in total.

Groovy
Golem
Golem

Neutral cards

Unread postby Groovy » 15 Jan 2016, 05:52

Here are all the neutral cards – cards that will be a part of the base game and that one will need regardless of what factions one plays.
Last edited by Anonymous on 19 Feb 2016, 21:02, edited 1 time in total.

Groovy
Golem
Golem

Homestead faction cards

Unread postby Groovy » 15 Jan 2016, 05:53

Here is the dependency diagram for the Homestead faction together with its associated cards.
Last edited by Anonymous on 19 Feb 2016, 21:02, edited 1 time in total.

Groovy
Golem
Golem

Barbarian faction cards

Unread postby Groovy » 15 Jan 2016, 05:54

Here is the dependency diagram for the Barbarian faction together with its associated cards.
Last edited by Anonymous on 19 Feb 2016, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.

Groovy
Golem
Golem

Alpine faction cards

Unread postby Groovy » 15 Jan 2016, 05:55

Here is the dependency diagram for the Alpine faction together with its associated cards.

Groovy
Golem
Golem

Sylvan faction cards

Unread postby Groovy » 15 Jan 2016, 05:56

Here is the dependency diagram for the Sylvan faction together with its associated cards.

Groovy
Golem
Golem

Reptilian faction cards

Unread postby Groovy » 15 Jan 2016, 05:57

Here is the dependency diagram for the Reptilian faction together with its associated cards.

Groovy
Golem
Golem

Frost faction cards

Unread postby Groovy » 15 Jan 2016, 05:58

Here is the dependency diagram for the Frost faction together with its associated cards.

Groovy
Golem
Golem

Marine faction cards

Unread postby Groovy » 15 Jan 2016, 05:59

Here is the dependency diagram for the Marine faction together with its associated cards.

Groovy
Golem
Golem

Re: 10th design iteration

Unread postby Groovy » 19 Feb 2016, 21:00

I've decided to reduce the extent to which the game makes use of mythological creatures. Using them extensively was a no-brainer in the beginning, given the richness of world mythologies and their prominence in HoMM. I’m now finding it increasingly difficult to express faction themes through them. A few of them fit beautifully, but some make the themes more difficult to get across rather than clearer.

So I’ve decided to drop all mythological creatures that don’t have a clear place in the Heroic world and replace them with personifications of the environment. Things like winds, waves and other prominent landscape features from the faction’s environment. Things that clearly convey what a faction is about.

I’ve uploaded amended designs of the first four factions (Homestead, Barbarian, Alpine, Sylvan). It will probably take a few design iterations to apply this change of direction fully.

Return to “Tabletop Forum”