solo mm7 toon

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

solo mm7 toon

Unread postby Jacko » 12 Jan 2016, 20:47

What would u guys recommend for a solo mm7 toon:

- an archer
- sorcerer, or
- druid /i was thinking of an emphasis on fire or air, not unarmed/

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Re: solo mm7 toon

Unread postby Baronus » 12 Jan 2016, 21:34

Archer is weak in magic.
Druid can learn maximum spells.
Sorcerer cant heal. You cant take a lot of heal potions in 1 bag.
Maybe druid with 2 daggers?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 12 Jan 2016, 22:59

Druids only learn master and no light or dark.

Sorcerer, Hunter, and Archer are all strong. Paladin should work as well, despite the tough first promotion.

Realistically anything should work although I would personally avoid Thieves, Monks, and Clerics.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 13 Jan 2016, 06:00

Sorcerer looks tempting to with all those utility spells and dmg from dark magic.

otoh archer can have all these powerful items like ulisses charele wallace governor armour etc.

there are no outstanding artefact / relics for sorceror . All i need would be of dark fire and earth magic items but again the sheer array of spells makes want to try this toon in solo play. As atm im really enjoing 4 x S in mm6.

when soloing a sorcerer - dark max, air and water gm but what about fire and earth? Whats your opinion? Or fir dmg air and water will be enough untill dark?

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 13 Jan 2016, 09:03

I meant of fire, air and dark magic. Maybe Fire too. But earth will be left out.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 13 Jan 2016, 15:16

I would still get fire to expert(master for meteor shower is really nice) and definitely get expert dagger early, but yes focus on air, water, and dark.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 13 Jan 2016, 15:35

I noticed in mm6 that starburs doesnt affect at some creatures and meteor shower must be used instead. I wander if thats the case in mm7 too?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 13 Jan 2016, 15:57

Did you try it on something that was immune to electric damage? Titans are immune.

If you meteor shower devils that won't do any damage either.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 13 Jan 2016, 18:58

Titans it was indeed :(

What equipment would u recommend for solo sorc?

I think an item of fire dark air is a must. Water not as it is only for tp and lb.

all with +hp and res i guess?

I have never come across of power items. R there any in mm7?

Any artefact / relic suggestions? Tbh, nothing has tickled my fancy so far... .

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 13 Jan 2016, 19:00

And i wander how magic will hold its own in mm7. Ive never done magic party in 7 and generally ive noticed people say magic is weak in mm7.

in mm8 i beat the game with solo lch and he was absolutely outstanding!

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 13 Jan 2016, 20:31

There are no of power in MM7.

Basically either use bows or run up to the enemy and sparks or poison spray. Medusa are a major annoyance and I would suggest items of medusa and of freedom, although the cloak of baa also works. Daggers when necessary with at least 1 vampiric. Once you get Shrapmetal walk up and just destroy absolutely everything.

I would still get of water, so you don't have to get skill 10 in order to make enchant item and Town Portal to work 100% of the time.

Seven League Boots, the ice bow, Learning cap and the dark staff are both good for sorcerers.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 14 Jan 2016, 06:50

But how do i offset -50 endurance from scholar cap.? I will multiloot emerald island dragon at leave at the usual clvl 5. Doesnt it mean almost 0 hitpoints?

And the staff drains hp over time? What does it mean exactly? Red pot every now and then will pffset it?

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 14 Jan 2016, 07:15

Well, something actually hit me right now.

I will start slightly different this time and begin with Master Air first for Fly and Invisibility. So some of the promotions I can handle first like first of all golem parts and evermore island map. thes two shall give good exp without too much hassle. And the feerie ring in avlee maybe.

But back to issue - with fly and invisibility I can go straight to Deyja shop and buy black endurance potion that should help for the cap's -50 endurance.

Btw, these black potion stack - can I drink a few of them? tbh, i never bother with them neither did i pay attention to them.

Just thinking of it - MM6 would be extremaly hard with a single Sorc as atm with a party of 4 I sometimes have minor issues with survival.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 14 Jan 2016, 15:25

You can't begin with master, you have to complete the promotion quest to learn master. A better option is just to use a Wind Master.

Yes I was suggesting a potion of pure endurance. No black potions don't stack.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 14 Jan 2016, 15:28

The drain hit points over time is basically just reverse regeneration. Use an item of regeneration, life, phoenix, of the troll, or of plenty to counterbalance it. Since it is dark only you can't even equip it until you make The Choice.
Last edited by Arret on 14 Jan 2016, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 14 Jan 2016, 15:57

So i will need a windmaster as the wizard promo will be the 1st to complete. 2nd cleric. And paladin 3rd as i already got the hang of killing dragon with wands at clvl 1 .

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 14 Jan 2016, 16:02

And archer promo+ dwarws rescue as i also did it very low level with lots of running and invisibility. Then choice and back to questing and killing.

btw, when i part of 4 kills e.g. one monster for 100 exp each members gets 25 exp and when a party of one toon kills it he gets all 100 exp right?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 14 Jan 2016, 16:29

I am pretty sure on the experience split that's right but it's easy enough to test.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 14 Jan 2016, 18:51

I took out the dragon with my solo clvl 2 char and gained more then 3 lvls. So levelling will b way quicker when solo.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 14 Jan 2016, 19:03

And can i buy rings of fire / air magic? Where would be the best place?

If they have them in shops i could only get the relics from dragons.

Return to “Might and Magic”