Talk about the weather

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Talk about the weather

Unread postby Pol » 09 Oct 2015, 20:39

@Panda Tar
And still I remember, that when there been worldwide happiness tests, your people - Brazilians were on the top and Finns down. Good mood is substantial for great civilizations. :D

Your weahter would be summer for me. A summer storm, hopefully, it last just short!
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 09 Oct 2015, 20:49

@Pol
Yeah, yeah. Our president and government, though, are trying reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hard making us feel down. If you ever saw a person high, stoned, drunk and very stupid talk to the public, you would be describing our president. :lol: Her last speech she was thinking it would be nice if we started creating a technology to stock up wind, to use as energy source. Brilliant. :drama:

And I don't even want to imagine how our summer will be this year. :sweat:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Oct 2015, 20:58

@Panda Tar
Motivation by obstacles that's a good start! Reminds me one movie about an old clumsy filantrop, who married an awkardly impractical wife. Guess what? He become better, she not. It's a classic movie and plot.

Memory, memory, cannot recall the name.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 09 Oct 2015, 21:06

In one of her pearly speeches, she stated boldly: "Brazil has a hydrologist regimen very sensible to water".

Another day, she was saying that "children were very important, because they also represent animals. When you look to a kid, you see an animal behind the kid, which is a dog".

The a reporter asked which book she liked the most, she said: "The book, it was one I finished last night and really touched me - what was the name of the book ... the author is ... is ..." And she deviated from the question after several minutes. You just reminded me of her now, Pol. HOHOHOHOHO
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Oct 2015, 21:27

@Panda Tar
Then it was for sure Teddy Pooh and his friends from Hundred Acre Woods! You mean Pol for president? Maybe I should create a list of countries where ..just for case.

It's still better than 'ideal bombing weather'. But good luck, she will need it. And you, like always. :rofl:
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 23 Oct 2015, 23:14

:D

Now, back to the weather, it's been raining in my state a lot this month. 500% more than expected, actually. 88 cities from the 293 declared emergency.

Meawhile, in Mexico, the strongest hurricane ever registered on Western Hemisphere is coming. It's due to reach the coast right now, and it'll advance into that country tomorrow, and it looks like even Texas is bound to have some of its impact. They are expecting catastrophic damage. As for those who'll be affected, I hope they recover and find peace in whichever end befalls to them.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 25 Oct 2015, 08:47

Did I ever mention that I hate the winter?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Oct 2015, 10:18

Lovely weather here today, I think I'll have to take a walk with my camera later. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 25 Oct 2015, 17:12

Here too. After all that rain, sun shone here this weekend at last. Right now, it's cloudy, perhaps it'll be like that for the whole week. I just hope that on my upcoming birthday, it won't be raining to much. I wanted to go to this Theme Park.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 06 Dec 2015, 14:48

Flooding in the southwestern part of Norway, as a result of a storm that came in from the sea acouple of days ago. They call it a "200 year" flood, as the water has not been this high in this area for the last two centuries.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 12 Dec 2015, 07:38

Winter had finally got her foot into the door here. :(

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Jan 2016, 20:10

Snow falling. Light, fluffy snow. :)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 07 Jan 2016, 20:55

Hot, rain, sun, wind, rather chaotic.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 07 Jan 2016, 21:24

Snow, for almost a week, was on sledge with my family, precious time. Now, probably thawing. One week long winter is somewhat disturbing..
"We made it!"

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Jan 2016, 22:40

It's also very cold, -10°C and colder. Had to get the car door thawed and lubricated at the mechanics garage.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 08 Jan 2016, 12:58

These winter-only things you guys must do are most alien to me, even when they seem so frugal. :D

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Jan 2016, 21:58

My home is currently a winter wonderland! :-D

If it stops snowing and we can get some sun, I will take a long walk with my camera and capture the winter's beauty for you. :)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 11 Jan 2016, 12:53

That would be nice. :D

Meanwhile, here, yesterday, you know, day when you usually get out? Yep, it rained all day. Not that heavy rain, nor that weak one. It was a long lasting one, all day, the sort that gets you wet in no time, soaked if added a little more time, disguised as a 'weak rain'. Terrible, terrible. And then, just like that, out of blue ... :drama: ... a clear, cloudless sky today! A beach day! And here am I, at work, sulking. :cry:

Not that I would go to a beach anyway. Lack of proper administration and too many people got almost half of our beaches improper for use. There you have it, sooner or later, sh*t come back to bite your buttocks. :(

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 13 Jan 2016, 03:04

We had the latest start to Winter snow that I can remember in my lifetime. The Earth is changing. :nervous: I have to commute to my stupid school 30 miles there and 30 miles back home everyday in this awful weather... I don't know if I'll survive this season. :nervous:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 17 Jan 2016, 16:02

:-D Today, I took a two hour walk in the Winter Wonderland around the Drammen river. -15°C! :iceblock: I also stopped off to feed the swans (one family that did not fly south for the winter), after walking around the river park, taking some nice pictures on the way. :)

Return to “Campfire”