Ultimate MM7 party

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Ultimate MM7 party

Unread postby Jacko » 30 Dec 2015, 19:41

I remember vaguely my KTAP team years back . It was strong but there were some issues with hp and dmg. So i might try KKKC then or P maybe instead of C. I can live without TP and LB. and some reloding always nets me a good collection of invisibility scrolls from stores. Ehh...so many choices...KKKC, KKKP, KKAP ....

And u r right - archers r not definetly for me. Monks r neither. I tried a monk once and he kept on dying....

I want to try might as in mm8 i have this solo lich and soon i start mm6 4 x S

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 30 Dec 2015, 22:00

Well, since I can live without TP and LB its gonna be KKPC. probably.

Paladin should make a good fighter and some backup healing for C as I have this funny feeling C will b the weakest link.

Btw, how will C perform in such malee might party? Im afraid he's gonna be unconscious / dead all the time...

And what about P combat performence? Master 2 x Sword or max GM mace and shield?

Im not starting the 3rd time over again...ehh.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 30 Dec 2015, 22:59

Cleric will have great healing especially with regeneration, merchant, and better spirit magic for bless/preservation/heroism. Cleric won't really do much damage but will make everyone else tougher early and gets GM light and body eventually. Power cure is always nice and GM protection from magic saves a lot of frustration.

If anything I don't really see what the paladin brings in that comp. You will be using so many swords you might as well add another's knight. The Cleric covers the magic side, but if you want a hack and slash team the more knights the better. The reason I use a paladin light side is for basic light for paralyze and GM mace for more paralyze. Until they get to that point a knight is superior, although without a caster to enchant items of armsmaster skill it isn't as huge a deal. Of armsmaster skill items are only up to plus 8-11 from drops. You can enchant to 17 with GM water.

Paladin is 2x sword to mace/sword. Shield does not really add anything.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 30 Dec 2015, 23:08

Remember if you have preservation and regeneration on, your Cleric never dies even if you ignore it.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 30 Dec 2015, 23:15

Ok.

I thought C only GM body and rest GM light. Why other schools of self magic if thats covered by Light? Bless heroism haste it is all in one in HoP?

What skills and in what order would u recommend for a C?

I will do promo quests for my party. Then quikly other essential to get light and then back to harmondale ;)

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 31 Dec 2015, 00:11

Would have replied earlier but my phone ate my response.

Remove curse, bless, Preservation, Heroism, and at master Shared Life if you want to go that route. You won't have light until more than halfway through the game and there's no reason bless shouldn't always be active with a melee party. Also there is a guaranteed spirit magic ring during the knight promotion in the haunted mansion so you get level 6 spells for a total of 9 skill points.

Body 4 -> Merchant 4 -> Spirit 4 -> Body 7 (8 if you have an of body magic item) -> Merchant 7 -> Body 10 -> Merchant 10 -> Light 4 -> Light 7 -> Light 10

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 31 Dec 2015, 00:37

I should add that the build I gave was if you intend to make "the choice" relatively early in the game.

I normally have all my quests finished aside from the ones in the maze by the time the arbiter dies, so my Cleric build goes more like

Body 4 -> Merchant 4 -> Spirit 4 -> Body 7 (8 if you have an of body magic item) -> Merchant 7 -> Mace 4 -> Spirit 8 -> Body 10 -> Merchant 10 -> Spirit 10 -> Light 4 -> Light 7 -> Light 10 -> Meditation 7 -> Learning 7 -> Dump everything else in Light and Body and eventually Blaster 10.

You can skip merchant if you don't think you are going to run out of gold, but I always have to spend a ton on training and spell books and it's easier to just put the points into merchant which has a really quick return on investment.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 31 Dec 2015, 08:17

Thanks mate!

I want to make the choice asap, do some quests with invisibility scrolls /like first archer promo/ to get a few levels before and later come back to finish everything including killing all mobs.

im still thinking about lack of wizard eye and torchlight. I will have to donate a lot for eye and scrolls for torch.

I will post some progress here later on.

One more thing - if i wanted a toon with just even basic elemental magics for eye and torch what best fighters wpuld u recommend?

or i can handle it without torch?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 31 Dec 2015, 13:26

Go into video settings and change the darkness if you aren't going to use torch light often. Most dungeons are about as dark as the abandoned temple on Emerald Isle and you get a few torch light scrolls in there for later use. Haunted Mansion is about the only place I consider Torch Light borderline mandatory.

Also remember Wizard Eye is part of Day of Protection.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 31 Dec 2015, 13:36

Thank you! If i happen to have some questions would it be ok to post in this thread instead of starting another?

So i just started KKKC :) Dragonflies killed malvic for 1st wand and several minutes ofreloading dragon cave granted me another wand - of fire with 41 charges.

2 wands r way better for killing dragon. One ran out of charges and with bows it was nightmare .

i will do some multilooting while watching news on tv ;)

Anything special o shoul hold out for?

I know wallace for armsmaster bonus, ring of light and body anything else?

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 31 Dec 2015, 13:52

Btw, can u offer some tips on how to get Light magic asap?

And while in Harmondale day 1 I usually do all 5 Knight arenas to get it over with and just wait between arenas in Harmondale. and later just go about business.

I dont play for high score so I can wait in Harmondale but later there r some timed quest I need to watch out.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 31 Dec 2015, 15:13

Charele is great for knights and I would be on the lookout for the plate armor as well. Your main goal for knights is to have a good sword/spear for each.

To get to Light fast you need the war clock started early. The war clock starts when you first return to Harmondale (the zone, not the castle) after freeing the dwarves. You must return to Harmondale to start the clock, just turning in the quest doesn't do it.

The trumpet quest appears the first time you go to Tulearean Forest during month 3(weeks 9-12) of the war clock.

Judge Grey dies after 4 months of the war clock once you step into Harmondale (the zone).

Th easiest way to burn game time is training, 8 days per level.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 31 Dec 2015, 16:56

I didnt know about training.
And i thought my 3 knights should go 2xsword each. So 2xsword or sword / spear? Recovery should be better with 2x sword i guess.
multilooting emerald island dragon hasnt guven anything special yet. Just one duellist blade, spirit ring and 22 disarm ring.
Yuruna looks great.
next wromthrax .
and where would be a nice safe easily accessible location to kill 3rd dragon?
Btw, happy new year mate!

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 31 Dec 2015, 18:21

Ania leving crossbow - shall i keep it for accuracy boost for one of the knights?

And what wands shall i keep - definitely of paralysis. But what about distortion incinerate rocks...?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 31 Dec 2015, 19:04

Might as well, you won't use bows often with 3 knights.

Mildly useful but they take a ton of space. I would probably keep distortion for the paladin promotion.

I always use spear -> 2x sword -> sword/spear. Your recovery time will go down with armsmaster and until you get plate GM the recovery time from plate armor makes the difference between spear and sword relatively negligible.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 31 Dec 2015, 19:08

There aren't any other good dragon areas. Best bet is wandering around in Titan fortress invisible until you find a small group of about 3 and then gate master out.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 31 Dec 2015, 19:11

To clarify it's 8 days per level, not 8 days per character per level for training. Training all 4 characters 10 levels takes 80 days. If you only train one character 10 levels it still takes 80 days.

MM6 was a flat 8 days regardless of how many levels you did.
Last edited by Arret on 31 Dec 2015, 19:20, edited 2 times in total.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 31 Dec 2015, 19:15

Ok. I shall keep an eye out for spears too. And the dragons in the fortress.

so far not very good drops. Got two cutlass of ice though. And a nice spear of acid. I would like to get wallace & yoruba...

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 31 Dec 2015, 19:20

With this unfortunate AAAC party i also used shrinking wand for wromthrax dragon. It helped to an extent.

Btw should i focus on residtances bonuses on equipment or speed and accurac? Some + armsmaster too.

as for NPCs - i shall have a scholar and gatemaster . Or scholar + enchanter maybe or weapon master or instructor when finally killing monsters?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 31 Dec 2015, 19:25

With 3 knights I would get an arms master for the other npc.

Stats > resistances until you are past 50ish. You already have a ton of hp and it will get to absurd levels once you get to the point of body building.

The exception is of Protection items which are +10 resist all which are wonderful all game long.

Return to “Might and Magic”