Windows 10

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Charzir
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Windows 10

Unread postby Charzir » 02 Nov 2015, 13:55

I have the same problem with Win 10, c_e_mod.exe crashes when it's inizializing. By now, this is the only computer with Windows I have, I would appreciate someone send me by email a map with new objects of Equilibris editor while the c_e_mod.exe problem continues, so I can use them in my maps in the mean time, as a temporary solution. I will try a xp VM too but I'm having problems with VMWare for the moment (that I hope I will fix with some time). So thank you, and I hope someone find a solution as soon as he can...
14 words to live by B-)

Charzir
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Charzir » 02 Nov 2015, 14:54

Charzir wrote:I have the same problem with Win 10, c_e_mod.exe crashes when it's inizializing. By now, this is the only computer with Windows I have, I would appreciate someone send me by email a map with new objects of Equilibris editor while the c_e_mod.exe problem continues, so I can use them in my maps in the mean time, as a temporary solution. I will try a xp VM too but I'm having problems with VMWare for the moment (that I hope I will fix with some time). So thank you, and I hope someone find a solution as soon as he can...
Now I'm having the same problem in a Windows XP VMWare Virtual Machine, I'm confused.

14 words to live by B-)

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 07 Nov 2015, 20:49

how about uninstalling/reinstalling equilibris and or windows?
If you still need the files, feel free to pm me.. else I'm pretty sure all needed files can still be found on the Equilibris site..
But I've postponed my win 10 update based on these issues..
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Max_HMMI
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Max_HMMI » 09 Nov 2015, 15:46

jeff wrote:The message is below

Description
Faulting Application Path: J:\Dragon's Fate Scenarios\H4editor\c_e_mod.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: c_e_mod.exe
Application Version: 3.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 3e025dba
Fault Module Name: c_e_mod.exe
Fault Module Version: 3.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 3e025dba
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00099fcb
OS Version: 10.0.10240.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: d57d
Additional Information 2: d57d17390000e9e5036028c12b655dec
Additional Information 3: 1a44
Additional Information 4: 1a448251afab8a08efd81923bdf7bbfc

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 5c2e47b11b04876238c7e908709eff36 (536128038)
All the same it is not enough information.
Let's look at the data of Windows Error Reporting:
1. Go to the folder <System disk>:\Users\<User name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue.
2. Find in this folder sybfolder such as "c_e_mod..."
3. Add this sybfolder to archive (zip, rar).
4. If achive size less 100Mb, download this archive to the Internet and give me link.
Faulting Application Path: J:\Dragon's Fate Scenarios\H4editor\c_e_mod.exe
Is the HoMM-IV game installed correctly? Where the file equi.h4r located?

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 10 Nov 2015, 00:27

Sorry Win 10 has moved and renamed that location and I could not find it. In fact I could not find the original message either. So unless you know the Win 10 location I can't help further. I also do not have a location to upload any files.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 11 Nov 2015, 16:28

I just love how windows is becomming. Windows 8 has the same issue, with strange placed folder and doublicates. My H4 folder on the C drive is apparently running paralel to a doublicate folder in my profile folder, meaning it's not obvious where save games etc go.

@Jeff, can't you use windows' Onedrive or a google account to upload and share?

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 11 Nov 2015, 20:26

First I have to find it; then see how big it is. I am old school and do not like using the cloud for anything, but I would make and exception if he would have access to that location. Others have reported the same issue; maybe one of them can jump in with that error report.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 12 Nov 2015, 19:36

well some of the places might need you to grant access to certain persons, for them to be able to see/download the files..

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Dec 2015, 00:46

Hmm... somewhat bizarre. First installing Equilibris in W10 to play Karmakeld's maps. It didn't work. After reinstalling with those things such as compatibility to 7, 640 x dunno what, and executing as Administrator made it work. I hope it keeps that way.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 13 Dec 2015, 11:44

Panda, please make a follow up, as my biggest fear with Win 10 is that it'll prevent me keep working on my campaign..

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Dec 2015, 22:50

Sometimes the game freezes, usually during the combat, usually when the enemy will make a move. The first play on Map 1, I had few encounters, because I was learning the bearings. So it was by very later, when I had an encounter with a wandering white tiger who spawned at end of month 1, that it happened. It froze the game. I could get back to windows, and it took a while to be able to terminate the process. The second time I couldn't make it end. The music played on, I could access menus, but I couldn't make the screen clear from the game or close it, so I had to restart OS. I haven't returned to the game yet.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Dec 2015, 22:51

Ah, the game is also having small delays and loading when you finish and start battles.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 14 Dec 2015, 02:16

Panda Tar wrote:Sometimes the game freezes, usually during the combat, usually when the enemy will make a move. The first play on Map 1, I had few encounters, because I was learning the bearings. So it was by very later, when I had an encounter with a wandering white tiger who spawned at end of month 1, that it happened. It froze the game. I could get back to windows, and it took a while to be able to terminate the process. The second time I couldn't make it end. The music played on, I could access menus, but I couldn't make the screen clear from the game or close it, so I had to restart OS. I haven't returned to the game yet.
I have this happen to me on windows 8.1 every so often as well. I agree it's during combat and when the enemy AI takes their turn. I don't remember if it happened when using Equilibris, but it has certainly happened on WoW version.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 14 Dec 2015, 13:18

Both times happened when using Equilibris. When I played this game in Windows 7, it hasn't happened nothing of this.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 14 Dec 2015, 15:48

Win10 is total crap, + it violates your privacy even if you disable trackers AND you get tons of bloatware I've even heard there is ads in the startup menu... seriously, upgrade roll down to win 7 the last good OS from Microsoft.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 14 Dec 2015, 19:11

At times I experience the same on Win 8.1 as well in Equilibris, and for me it also Combat related. Sometimes when encountering, other times after several rounds in Combat.
Once it start with the freezes I tend to encounter several. But for My part it also Seem to occour more often If I have several folders or files open in the background.
Yeah Win 7 as I recall it wasn't unstable like that, not Even with more open folders.
Oh and the administrator is just about the Thing I love the most about never Windows. It's required that I set up a profile, in order to log in, but by default it doesn't have administrator rights, thus I might not even be able to edit my own files. Well done Windows :tsdown:

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 14 Dec 2015, 23:28

LMAO

Yes Microsoft's methods are more and more despicable, some laptops even come with a locked EFI in order to force you to keep on using win 8 or 10!
Ofc it can be bypassed ;)

Anyway, to get admin rights under 8 or 10 run cmd as admin then type:
net user Administrator /active:yes
Then hit Enter.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 15 Dec 2015, 22:26

Thanks will try that out. It just bothers me, that I have no easy access to the admin profile, and thus no easy way of giving my profile the proper rights. Feeling restricted on your own pc, can be rather frustrating.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 16 Dec 2015, 00:12

That's why screw win8/10, get rid of it and put 7 instead. :)

Or go Linux :P

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 16 Dec 2015, 09:04

One more thing, to run the cmd I need to go to start menu, then choose run and type ind the command, only tiny issue, where's me bloody start menu :wall: Okay, I'll stop the complaining now, but believe me, I gave no greater wish than to go back to Win 7 or even better XP, but it ain't easy on a laptop, with no cd/dvd drive.. (just buy a portable DVD drive.. Sure, who expects it to be standard anway, surely they soon produce laptops without incorporated screen.. Sigh

Return to “Equilibris”