So is this game worth buying?

The game Might & Magic: Heroes VII, developed by Limbic Entertainment.
Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re: So is this game worth buying?

Unread postby Karmakeld » 10 Dec 2015, 21:26

Karmakeld wrote:
Kalah, I've experienced it some times, that entries dissapear, even without changing to Full editor, but simply by pressing Submit. Sometimes I'm able to back, and my text is still there, other times I'm not..
PandaTar wrote:
That happens when I take too long to finish writing anything here.
What??! 8| Nooo, don't say that it's because I'm too slow :shh: .. This would mean that my girlfriend is right, in her accuastion.. not good.. :tsdown:
I don't like to think I'm THAT slow.. :nervous:
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 10 Dec 2015, 21:33

Some bugs would be 'bound' to happen in certain play throughs, so people would reload their games only for the bug (as an example, the one that made skills and spells vanish), and the bug would happen. If they simply quit game and tried again after 1.6, it would still be buggy. It could happen with save games that would trigger that bug before updating.

In other words, 1.6 didn't fix or save saved games, so, anyone who was having problems with saved games by any fixed bug won't be able to have their problems fixed. They'll have to play again.
not, that it's not something that should be attemped to be fixed, but if you add new scripts/object to a map in a patch, will the be available after loading an old save? I know it's not the case in H4, but I acknowledge the frustration. Just asking if it's actually possible to fix..?

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 11 Dec 2015, 03:16

I just followed this link that Pandatar gave to the official forum https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/ ... 1d77218706

And noticed something disturbing. A run of the mill standard custom map, without any of the power scripts that the most creative mapmakers like to use, is already 86mb.

It's really troubling that there is so much software bloat for this game. MS Word files don't take up much more space than they did 2 decades ago, video files don't take up more than a few times x of space. But HOMM files are over 100x as big, and despite using up so much system resources they are absolutely not more fun.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 11 Dec 2015, 15:35

8| Good thing harddrives are getting bigger aswell. I still remember my 4GB harddisk from late 90's :D
But I don't even believe any of the longest or largest campaigns in H4 is large enough to be listed as MB :canthear:
You could argue that there are more objects in H7 than in H4, and I know from H4 that higher difficulties (more creatures in neutral stacks) creates larger save files, so there you have it ;)

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 11 Dec 2015, 16:10

Although it's not nice to laugh on behalf of something that is bacically sad, this is just funny (from mmh7 comments):
"More Steam!"

"We are running out of coal, sir!"

"What are these blood crystals for?"

"Should we use them?"

"Use these Ashadamn things, then, She uses all! We must finish forging this next lie, I mean, 1.6 patch!"

"We'll be using the unicor as a 'new' neutral unit, sir?"

"You simpering fool, not now! We'll hold it a bit more. Throw ... throw in the phoenix, yes, the phoenix!"

"Which abilities I use on phoenix, sir?"

"Use your brains! What a phoenix is supposed to do?"

"I-I don't know, sir, in Ashan, everything seems possible!"

"Don't stutter! Hell, I say what: undead, absorb water, ranged and ... always flanks from far! That shall do!"

"Bu-but, sir, doesn't it get a bit unbalanced?"

"Hark! Go and do that! You are not paid to think and neither am I! Use that ashandamn bird as a new neutral for people to discover and hold the unicorn for a special announcement we'll be doing next week to cover up the 'out of sync' issue we don't know how to mend ... yes, it's the perfect plan ... yes... my love."

" Put phoenix riding on a unicorn to show independence and creativity, you idiots !! Urgently !!!"
..... He slammed the door in front of the noses of the accountant ....
Kalah it seemed the map Blood on the Bay is good for reviewing the possible options in the editor. But by the time I get time to play around with the editor it's seems likely they would've either released H9 or buried the series.. Anyway, for the sake of the serie, I cross my fingers that some good fan made maps can be or are being made..

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 11 Dec 2015, 16:35

speaking of the editor, reading their list of new implements, I'm surprised to see these first being implemented in patch 1.6:
New conditions
* Player is from Faction
* Army has Creatures
* Army has Creatures from Faction
* Army is commanded by Hero
* Army is commanded by Hero from Faction
* Army is controlled by Player
* Army is controlled by Player from Faction
If these conditions hasn't been obligatory in every installment since H3 or H4, as a map maper I think I would pretty soon find myself doing this :wall: or this :flame: out of mere frustation.. I feel like bursting out in song "Where's your head at, where's your head at?.."
.."But who ever would have figured that map makers would be needing conditions like that..?" :slap:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 11 Dec 2015, 16:56

Karmakeld wrote:Although it's not nice to laugh on behalf of something that is bacically sad, this is just funny (from mmh7 comments):
That was me feeling utterly inspired, or uninspired, depending on the point of view. :libra:

There's a continuing story in the next article, actually. :D
Karmakeld wrote: If these conditions hasn't been obligatory in every installment since H3 or H4...
I agree. Some items of that list seemed so basic in my point of view, that I was wondering what it was like Editing in that Editor at Day 1. I'm not a map maker, but I'm aware of logical input, conditions and switches, given that I used to make stuff in RPG Maker years ago.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 11 Dec 2015, 17:41

There's a continuing story in the next article, actually. :D
didn't see that.. Will go read it, just for the laugh :-D

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 12 Dec 2015, 05:44

cjlee wrote:I just followed this link that Pandatar gave to the official forum https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/ ... 1d77218706.
I casually clicked on that link and found out this Salvertus guy is pretty mad. :mad:
cjlee wrote:I just followed this link that Pandatar gave to the official forum https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/ ... 1d77218706.
I casually clicked on that link and found out this Salvertus guy is pretty mad. :mad:

Ok as a Mod I have not taken much heat so I will remove the Image for content. Fans may vent, but this tries to be family friendly. jeff

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 12 Dec 2015, 07:24

^ Wow. :iceblock:

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 12 Dec 2015, 08:00

It's kind of amusing. I, too, think of Ubisoft as Ubisxxt, and I just love that "incopetent" spelling.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 12 Dec 2015, 09:53

Yeah it's really not the first time this kind of stuff happens. :D

Moderation will eventually clean and ban soon enough, removing traces of fans who completely lost their mind in front of the heresy, they always do.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 12 Dec 2015, 18:48

Galaad wrote:Yeah it's really not the first time this kind of stuff happens. :D

Moderation will eventually clean and ban soon enough, removing traces of fans who completely lost their mind in front of the heresy, they always do.
Yes I did; it had nothing to do with the fans view or anger level. The forum rules and guidelines are fairly clear; so nothing more need be said about why I removed it. A ban was not issued, but that is always on the table with repeated offenses.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 12 Dec 2015, 19:56

Maybe there is misunderstanding, or are you saying you are employed by Ubi to moderate the blog?

EDIT: Ok I've just seen the blog and the salvaterus messages are still there so you are talking about the pic removed from this thread, I was not talking about this, but about the dev blog. :)

Erwinner
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Erwinner » 12 Dec 2015, 20:29

jeff wrote:Ok as a Mod I have not taken much heat so I will remove the Image for content. Fans may vent, but this tries to be family friendly. jeff
jeff wrote:Yes I did; it had nothing to do with the fans view or anger level. The forum rules and guidelines are fairly clear; so nothing more need be said about why I removed it. A ban was not issued, but that is always on the table with repeated offenses.
lol he wasn't criticizing the Celestial Heavens moderation mate, he was referring to the terrible moderation going on at the Ubisoft official blog (aka the site shown in the image) lol

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Dec 2015, 21:29

We know that, but the contents of the blog was still not something we wish to repeat here.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Erwinner
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Erwinner » 12 Dec 2015, 22:28

no worries, just jeff's posts gave the clear impression he thought Galaad's comment was aimed at you guys lol

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 13 Dec 2015, 00:46

Agreed I could have worded it much better.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 13 Dec 2015, 03:53

Ubisoft doesn't even seem to have a clue that forums are supposed to be moderated. Don't they at least have something as basic as a vulgarity check? How come someone is permitted to spam language like that over many posts that last for days, and offensive language doesn't get at least filtered out?

Just like everything they do - indifference to quality and lack of understanding of market standards.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 13 Dec 2015, 11:31

They will remove eventually, the best is when they remove posts which aren't breaching their terms in any way, but the content probably makes freak out the PR dpt. It's either they remove nothing like this WE, either they go full dictatorship.

Return to “Heroes VII”