H7 Walkthroughs Coming Along

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

H7 Walkthroughs Coming Along

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 29 Nov 2015, 18:05

ImageWith our past contributors currently unavailable, I am putting together this game's walkthroughs myself. Now I know how much work is involved. Phew.

So far, I'm about half-way. On our walkthroughs page we now have the campaigns for Haven, Academy and Stronghold listed. Next on my playlist is Necropolis.

The walkthroughs are fairly simple and don't contain any sort of advanced strategy for the individual factions. If you would like to contribute something like that to our site, feel free to contact me.
Read full article...
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

Kenshinzen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: H7 Walkthroughs Coming Along

Unread postby Kenshinzen » 30 Nov 2015, 11:16

following your steps, maybe when I finish send you more details or a different approach about each scenario. Still I'm far behind you, bought the game few days ago. ;)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 30 Nov 2015, 14:50

That would be interesting. Smaller comments can also be added to the articles in the comments, of course. :)

prichindel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby prichindel » 01 Dec 2015, 22:14

maybe you could add the discovered map with the locations marked

Wulff
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Wulff » 07 Dec 2015, 18:03

Thank you for the walkthroughs! A request, Could we get some example builds for each map if possible along with the walkthroughs?.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Dec 2015, 19:29

What do you mean by example builds? Hero skills?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Wulff
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Wulff » 08 Dec 2015, 01:10

Sorry, yes, I meant hero builds. Like what skills from the skill tree you used.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Dec 2015, 17:46

I think it's a good idea so I'll see what I can do, but perhaps the Community can help as well? I usually focus on the heroes' specialties - the skills that can be maxed into the centre.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Alfalken
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alfalken » 09 Dec 2015, 04:12

I usually give the main hero some kind of Exploration skills since I'll be doing a lot of moving around with him/her, and there are many maps where you have to go solo/cannot recruit extra heroes so these extra movement boosts helps in getting where I want to be faster. Pathfinding and Snatch is pretty neat to have.

I thought Warfare would be great to have, but turns out that you didn't do siege battles as much as you'd be in the campaigns. It has its perks (like being able to cast spells during your siege engines turn) but overall not very useful IMO.

For the rest, I usually go with Leadership/Destiny/Offense/Defense/Warcries for Might-type heroes, and appropriate school of magics for the Magic-type Heroes, focusing on those they can Grandmaster (or at least Master) and going for at least 2 schools so that I can get access to Level 4 spells. I usually stay away from Diplomacy and Economy.

For Governor Skills, I'm pretty torn, since they kind of depend on the campaign and maps... sometimes you only have 1 town for the entire map (or even none at all), but there are maps with up to 5 towns and more. I usually avoid them, but there are some maps where they're pretty useful to have.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 09 Dec 2015, 08:16

We could set up a page with general level-up tips, separate from the individual campaign?

Alfalken
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alfalken » 10 Dec 2015, 03:53

A general build/level up tips sounds good. Can also include things like general gameplay, tactics, build order, campaign survival guide. :yes:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Dec 2015, 18:55

Two more posted today. Just one more map to do on the Necro campaign. :)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Dec 2015, 16:32

Necropolis finished. Available here. :)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Dec 2015, 22:18

Just working on the last Sylvan map now. I think I'll be finished by tonight.

Return to “News”