Anybody solo M&M8 ?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Anybody solo M&M8 ?

Unread postby koval321 » 03 Dec 2015, 11:30

and what is best profession

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Re: Anybody solo M&M8 ?

Unread postby Arret » 03 Dec 2015, 19:27

Did it with a dark elf. Pretty easy with hit and run until the inside of the Crystal. The Crystal was horrible until I got to the plane between planes.

Vampire is relatively easy, but the promotion is a pain. Once you have mistform the game gets way easier.

Minotaur, troll, and knight aren't bad but expect lots of alchemy shop usage.

Clerics lack any kind of offense, and necromancers get 1 shot too often.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 03 Dec 2015, 23:46

Am pick Necromancer because magic is real power, 1 shoot is true but I learn that fight in real time may actually help. For example in temple am shoot sparks like machine gun and retreat, it go pretty easy, in turn based almost not doable

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 04 Dec 2015, 20:11

In other MM games it isn't a huge problem, but in MM8 the earth plane is filled with rock blasts which will destroy you as a necromancer. If you don't mind dying a lot or just save abusing then you will be fine. This is of course ignoring instant kill/stone effects.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 11 Dec 2015, 23:23

Completed and in my opinion it was easy, invested skills mostly in dark magic and meditation, wasted some time on trade and quests, train useless skills etc. Acromage or obelisc rubbish, playing again probably would finish it much faster. Actually am think about make speedrun solo now LOL

Probably first would master dark and use armageddon to get some levels, then air magic invisibility > promotion > water magic to max, lloyd beacon and then maximum in dark, meditation, and solve all main quests

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 02 Mar 2016, 13:20

Finished as minotaur at level 96 (wiped all dungeons and done all quests - including obelisk quest)

Was hard at mid game (he can't wear helmet/boots and that's a big deal) but the late game was easy. Spiritslayer (vampire spear) and Staff of The Swamp (immune to paralysis) helped a lot in clearing crystal and escaton. Minotaur was doped 24h a day with haste, bless, heroism and stoneskin. Earth plane was probably the hardest as big fellows were keen to break every item hero worn.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 04 Mar 2016, 00:57

Earth plane is always the hardest.. It's rock hard ;)
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 23 Apr 2016, 00:11

I've done it more than once with the Necromancer. Once you get promoted and get a high enough level in Dark Magic, it becomes a trifle. Not to mention you can level up extreme amounts just by Armageddon cleaning - and you get 5x more exp for it than normally.

I do remember not being able to clean some locations though, such as the Plane of Earth. But the Lich has lengthy Invisibility, and that let me accomplish my objective in the area, so it counts. In outdoor areas though - everything dies :D

You'll have about 670 HP and about 2500 mana at level 20 if I recall well.

Return to “Might and Magic”