H7 1.5 Announced

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

H7 1.5 Announced

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 18 Nov 2015, 17:41

The developers have announced the release of patch 1.5, which will include some additional contents in addition to the customary bugfixes:

There will be 2 new maps, 5 new neutrals and 12 new heroes (2 per faction). The neutrals are the Kappa, the Mermaid, two Elementals (dark and light) and the Shadow Panther.

Full descriptions here.
Read full article...
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Re: H7 1.5 Announced

Unread postby vicheron » 19 Nov 2015, 18:03

"New" neutrals.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 19 Nov 2015, 19:36

new to H7 :D
but yeah, all is relative. I guess they are new for those who haven't played H6.. ;|

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 19 Nov 2015, 19:51

In the article, it's not stated 'new', it's described as 5 additional this, 12 additional that. This new stuff is just Kalah trying to wreak havoc around here. :tongue:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 19 Nov 2015, 19:53

yeah, on the official site, someone commented that 'new' had been deleted in relation to the heroes, as they're all re-used aswell.
Shame on you Kalah :devil:
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 19 Nov 2015, 22:54

Hey, I just couldn't be bothered to type "additional", OK? :tongue:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 20 Nov 2015, 06:55

New neutrals? They are just putting in some H6 models. This is ridiculous.
No wonder the game is already discounted here in Hungary down to 8000 HUF - ONE month after its release it was already discounted. I have never seen that happen before...

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 20 Nov 2015, 14:37

Just as predicted :drama: , some reports indicate that added heroes Nadir and Ivor don't have their specialization ability working properly. :rolleyes:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Donsta
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Donsta » 22 Nov 2015, 21:02

Is it safe to buy H7 now or do I need to wait for 5 more patches?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 22 Nov 2015, 21:26

You're quite safe, it's fairly playable. But a couple more patches will be needed before it shines.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 23 Nov 2015, 07:55

Kalah wrote:You're quite safe, it's fairly playable. But a couple more patches will be needed before it shines.
Stacraft 2 Legacy of the Void was fully playable the day after it launched. No hangs, no loss of savegames, no settings mysteriously changed. Smooth and lovely gaming without issues.

For Ubisoft the best you can say, nearly 2 months and 30GB of patches later, is that something is 'fairly playable'. Of course, many people have complained about losing all their spells and skills, but nothing that visiting all your mage guilds again won't cure, right?

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 23 Nov 2015, 11:21

cjlee wrote:
Kalah wrote:You're quite safe, it's fairly playable. But a couple more patches will be needed before it shines.
Stacraft 2 Legacy of the Void was fully playable the day after it launched. No hangs, no loss of savegames, no settings mysteriously changed. Smooth and lovely gaming without issues.

For Ubisoft the best you can say, nearly 2 months and 30GB of patches later, is that something is 'fairly playable'. Of course, many people have complained about losing all their spells and skills, but nothing that visiting all your mage guilds again won't cure, right?
Unfair comparison. This is an expansion pack, not a game made from scratch. And it came out some 5 years after the release of the initial game. Of course, had Ubisoft released H7 a couple of months later, it would all be ok.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 23 Nov 2015, 12:13

hellegennes wrote:
Unfair comparison. This is an expansion pack, not a game made from scratch. And it came out some 5 years after the release of the initial game. Of course, had Ubisoft released H7 a couple of months later, it would all be ok.

Perfectly fair comparison.

They're competing for the same dollars in our pockets.

Do you think I'm paying Blizzard with dollar bills that are 5 years old, having passed through many hands that have confirmed that these aren't counterfeit bills, while I'm paying Ubisoft with bitcoins stored on a sleazy server that vanish from existence from time to time, which Ubisoft can't really access until they have produced a game where your settings and achievements and spells don't vanish with every new patch?

In any case most of Heroes 7 content is cut and paste recycled from Heroes 6.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 23 Nov 2015, 22:58

So much for "Ze Germans and work ethic" theory that floundered about earlier in the year. Well, I can't blame them considering the circumstances...

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 24 Nov 2015, 14:49

It would be a fair comparison if the Starcraft add-on was made from scratch... which it isn't. The cost makes no difference. You are comparing "playability" between an expansion pack that took 2-3 years to be completed and a stand-alone brand-new game that was made in 2-3 years.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 24 Nov 2015, 18:54

You don't actually think it took 2-3 years to complete Legacy of the Void do you? You realize they don't release them back to back to back so that they can make money? Once the market saturation hits a certain point, then they release the next one. Heart of the Swarm came out just under 3 years after Wings of Liberty and Legacy of the Void came out just under 3 years after Heart of the Swarm.

Either way, both of you have valid points, however, the Starcraft games have always been playable out of the box. If we go back to Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty, which was "made from scratch," I bought it at midnight on day one and experienced 0 bugs. Not just 0 game breaking bugs, 0 bugs period.

If you have to push the deadline back to release a better product, then that's what needs to happen.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 24 Nov 2015, 20:53

I wouldn't say that's a fair comparsion albeit it's an interesting view. But Limbic know what they didn't finished and are patching it fast as hell.

Unfair because budget for Starcraft, respectively all what depends on it like manager, team, people is not comparative to H7.

Why that's another question, last time I heard about game "For Honor" and you know what? It's also from Ubisoft workshop and they put all the effort into it! (Hint, it's a console game.)

I also don't think that what was in H7 missed was a few months delay. I'ts primary about vision. Not only game vision but also vision how to plan game developing and make it ready for community. And to feel that vision directly from Ubisoft. Then people, agreements, money. Overall it just make such a little tiny impression that Ubisoft let it go.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 24 Nov 2015, 22:17

Pol, while I agree with you that there was likely a bigger budget for Starcraft 2, both games released at a similar price: Wings of Liberty for $60, and H7 for $50. So, since they released with similar prices, I think it is still a fair comparison, regardless of the actual budget for each game.

The problem seems to be with the leadership and planning.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 25 Nov 2015, 04:36

The impact of bad project management is definitely catastrophic tsk tsk tsk :)

This is far beyond a matter of having good design, gameplay, and so on. Rather, I highly doubt they knew how to scope their products and plan reasonable road maps. At the same time, the studios they outsourced the work too are likely not professional and have a high density of co-ops that write buggy code.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 25 Nov 2015, 07:59

iLiVeInAbOx05 wrote:Pol, while I agree with you that there was likely a bigger budget for Starcraft 2, both games released at a similar price: Wings of Liberty for $60, and H7 for $50.
You forgot that to play full Starcraft 2 game/know full story you need to buy part 2 and part 3 - all for same price as Wings of Liberty. So in the end you need to pay 180$.

Return to “News”