MM7 Walls of Mist Question

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

MM7 Walls of Mist Question

Unread postby BMJedi » 15 Nov 2015, 20:00

Hi, I was considering replaying MM7, but thinking about the Walls of Mist light side quest is almost making me not want to.

I don't want to feel forced to have a sorcerer in my party for the grandmaster invisibility, and it's too hard to keep trying to beat the timer with only master invisibility.

My question is - what happens if you kill something in here? Does it break the game? Or can you exit and re-enter, and all the monsters regenerate, so you can try again?

What happens if you kill everything and collect the keys the easy way, then run outside the front to reset, and then run back in and make a beeline for the back exit using the keys you collected?

If you play the dark side, do you have to get the soul jars without killing anything? Why would that be a requirement for evil? Also, I've heard that if you exit the dungeon and then try to re-enter, the soul jars will irretrievably bug out and disappear, such that your sorcerer can never become a lich. Is that true?

Thank you.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke, "Clarke's Third Law".

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: MM7 Walls of Mist Question

Unread postby Pitsu » 16 Nov 2015, 14:10

It has been long, and my memory may fail me, but you cannot collect the keys separately and they reset. However, you can recast and even sleep inside the wall in certain locations. In evil quests you did not have to spare anyone. With jars the problem was that you may mess up jars in wall of mist and mount Nighon and this will get you stuck. If you get correct jars from correct locations I remember no problems.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 16 Nov 2015, 15:26

BMJedi wrote:My question is - what happens if you kill something in here? Does it break the game? Or can you exit and re-enter, and all the monsters regenerate, so you can try again?
If you kill anyone during Light Path quest you have to exit and re-enter Walls of Mist. If you leave this dungeon, it will reset, always.
BMJedi wrote:What happens if you kill everything and collect the keys the easy way, then run outside the front to reset, and then run back in and make a beeline for the back exit using the keys you collected?
You must complete dungeon without killing anyone.
However you can cast Invisibility spell (master level or from scroll), grab one key, exit, recast Invisibility and grab another one and repeat with third one. When you have all keys you can run straight to the exit zone and complete quest.
Or just run through the dungeon all the time, do not attack anyone, grab keys and try to stay alive.
BMJedi wrote:If you play the dark side, do you have to get the soul jars without killing anything? Why would that be a requirement for evil? Also, I've heard that if you exit the dungeon and then try to re-enter, the soul jars will irretrievably bug out and disappear, such that your sorcerer can never become a lich. Is that true?
The trick with Dark Side is to complete this dungeon on first try. If you exit it, Soul Jars will disapper forever (you can use game editor to give them to your party if you already entered and left Walls of Mist).
You don't need to kill anything, you can use Invisibility or just run but killing help a lot (however IIRC you don't recive XP points for this).

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 17 Nov 2015, 05:21

A little advice for doing this... just run in and tank the damage... grab one key, then die. then go after the next and repeat.... thats what I found was the simplest way lol
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 17 Nov 2015, 17:01

Thanks for the info and advice, everyone. :)
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke, "Clarke's Third Law".

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 18 Nov 2015, 01:48

oh and another tip... for the one with the random button combination (buttons on opposite sides of the room) use the turn based feature to fiddle with the combination, same goes for inserting the keys. it stops you from being hammered constantly.
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 18 Nov 2015, 16:40

Is that random? I thought it was always the middle one on each side.

As for inserting the keys, my preferred method is to move toward them while holding down the space bar.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Bloax
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bloax » 02 Dec 2015, 22:44

Look at the bright side, at least you're not playing with that one mod that multiplies the amount of enemies while on the light side.

The reason I say that is because the game inevitably crashes due to an overabundance of objects flying all over the damn place. :^D

4 or so scrolls of invisibility can solve this problem though.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 03 Dec 2015, 19:31

It is the middle lever on both sides.

If you strafe walk you don't take nearly as much damage. The big issue is the chest explosions.

You can do it with just 2 invis scrolls, you don't need 4. Remember to use turn based mode while on an elevator as they still move without taking any game time.

Return to “Might and Magic”