The Football (Soccer) Topic

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Re: The Football (Soccer) Topic

Unread postby parcaleste » 13 Nov 2015, 05:46

I am not sure if I missed to share the end of my team's season this year - winning the Bronze (tied with the 2-nd place team) and been relegated to III-th division (now IV-th) at the same time. We, the fans, had to give our players the medals, cause no one in the BFU had the balls, honor or whatever, to come give them to the boys:
http://www.sportal.bg/video/aWQ9Nzc1OTc ... vYWRz.html

I just hope you can see it... if not, I will upload it on YouTube and torture you with it. :D

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Nov 2015, 12:26

Ah, yesterday's match was cancelled due bad weather. It must have been like a hurricane to have cancelled it. It was postponed to tonight. Brazil vs Argentina and I am (Groot) rooting for Argentina, as to Brazilian's team get a renewed life, and Brazilians focus more on their own country for a change. :drama:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 09 Jun 2016, 06:27

Yesterday my team got promoted in Third division. :oex:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 09 Jun 2016, 16:25

Congrats. I'm happy with Tottenham this year; next year w'll be playing in the CL. :oex:

Tomorrow, EURO 2016 starts! :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Jun 2016, 13:55

Congratulations for Brazilian team getting eliminated from next World Cup by Peru. :applause:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 14 Jun 2016, 07:54

Err... didn't they got eliminated from Copa America? You sure you are not confusing stuff?

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 14 Jun 2016, 12:37

Probably. That's the much I follow stuff like that. Maybe I was just hoping too high. :lol: Anyway, the likelihood for such thing is also pretty high.

overall
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby overall » 18 Jun 2016, 22:17

Football... i don't watch much football but sure i like to watch World Cup every 4 year...
im been watching some of this European Championships... Croatian vs Czech was most amusing game what i seen while...
oh those Croatian fans really know how to party! x) even if it cost their own team to lose... and i think that goalie was accidentally take his girlfriends gaming wear at morning... there was some water polo players on field too really strange game...
nevertheless i'm gonna support Iceland in this carnival i have some high believes they gonna take that whole thing!...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 27 Jun 2016, 21:04

Congratulations, Iceland, with a very well exectued match against England. Great underdog tournament so far. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

overall
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby overall » 28 Jun 2016, 16:26

Eazy Game Eazy Life... im already feeling bit sad for all those French people... hmmm... no... no im not x)

overall
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby overall » 03 Jul 2016, 17:53

C'MOOOON!!! ICELAND!!! i have bet small fortune on THIS!...
French doesn't really have any chance to win this... but think positive French it's not so long way to walk home...
hmm... here's some scarves for you so you won't get cold...

overall
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby overall » 03 Jul 2016, 21:10

Noooo! icelanders no ice now!... its over... oh well penguins were getting hungry anyways ;(
but not bad for country which don't have much more people than this forum got users... in to a world cup Iceland!...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 03 Jul 2016, 22:41

Penguins live in the south, bro. :tongue:
Good showing, though, and they will receive heroes' welcomes when they return to their little island. :)

overall
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby overall » 10 Jul 2016, 23:23

Kalah wrote:Penguins live in the south
Close enough!... x) Grats Portugal take all butterflies with you too.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 11 Jul 2016, 13:08

Portugal won? That's a bit funny.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Jul 2016, 18:53

Funny how?

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 11 Jul 2016, 20:40

Funny how they climbed to the top. They almost didn't make it through the first phase, almost never won a game (if not by penalties) and then, just like that, they got the cup. :D

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Jul 2016, 21:52

Indeed, they did have a fairly "easy" run to the finals, with Croatia, Poland and Wales on the way while France faced supposedly stronger teams like Germany, but with this year's tournament being an "underdog's" tournament (especially with Iceland and Wales being successful), they did have to perform to go to the final.

What I'm mostly surprised with is Cristiano Ronaldo's appearance in the final: he is usually the unsporting egoist who yells at his teammates when they don't give him the ball often enough (etc.) but this time, since he was stretchered off early, he was really encouraging the others to do well. Showing some team spirit for once.

Return to “Campfire”