Love

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 May 2015, 10:05

Something stupid, no doubt...

Then again, it's not like knowing someone's married helps with not falling in love with them...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 25 May 2015, 12:13

Really? How many married people have you fallen in love with?
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 26 May 2015, 06:25

Banedon wrote:wimfrits I got a question: if you fell in love with the woman who became your wife at first sight ... what would you have done if you later found out that she's already attached / married?
Actually she was. I went on a holiday to Hungary on a bus and met her on a parking lot in Germany. Turned out she sat on the same bus and we hung around a lot after that. She was travelling with a (girl)friend and had a boyfriend at home.

They say all is fair in love and war, but I'm not the kind of person who makes advances on someone else's girl. I did let her know how I felt and when I got home I had to choose between burying my feelings or doing something with them. As my feelings did not go away, I started writing her, hoping for some sign.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 29 May 2015, 10:50

8|

What if it'd turned out she was married then? Would you have done the same thing?
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 29 May 2015, 13:19

If I thought she had a desire to be with me, I would.
Any decision to end her relationship is hers to make and it's only fair to provide her with relevant information to make such a decision.

How about you?

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 02 Jun 2015, 13:41

I have no idea. I'm aromantic after all. A world in which everyone is at liberty to make such decisions would be great in my opinion but then ... suppose she now fell in love with yet another person and wants a divorce to marry him, are you going to respond with "OK cheers, it's your decision now let's decide how to divide the estate"?

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 02 Jun 2015, 15:53

:-D
Absolutely. That is assuming we have such a mutual understanding that it will not come as a surprise. If it does come as a surprise, our bond was not at all what I imagined it to be and I'll be better off without her.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Jun 2015, 17:56

Banedon wrote:How many married people have you fallen in love with?
As if one isn't enough...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Love

Unread postby Banedon » 12 Nov 2015, 12:10

Why is it that when people fall in love, they immediately take the idea that the significant other cannot have romantic / physical relations with anyone else? Like, if Alice falls in love with Bob and then finds out later that Bob's also been seeing Eve, Alice is likely to take offense, even though Eve hasn't actually done anything to Alice, and even if Bob doesn't treat Alice any different. If Alice never found out about Eve, she would continue to live a blissful life! Yet in practice, Alice is likely to get mad, her relationship with Bob is going to suffer, and she would effectively choose to destroy her own life by getting mad at Bob's so-called infidelity. The word 'infidelity' carries severe negative connotations, yet there arguably isn't even a victim: the two participants Bob and Eve are consenting adults, and what happens between them is really none of Alice's business.

And if that weren't enough of a personal affair between adults, the state often chooses to get involved. Adultery is (or used to be) punishable by death in many countries, or at least led to severe punishment.

Do not understand ?_?

Return to “Campfire”