H7 1.4 and Beyond

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

H7 1.4 and Beyond

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 05 Nov 2015, 13:59

In Limbic's latest blog post, entitled "The road ahead", the developers take the opportunity to thank the fans for all the help and feedback about improving the game. Patch 1.4 is coming out in a few days, with the goal of mending game-breaking bugs and taking care of some of the most wanted fixes. In it, they also sketch out the various improvements that are coming in the future:
  • Multiplayer improvements,
  • graphics changes to make the game more pleasing to the eye,
  • the introduction of a tutorial,
  • optimization:
    • reduction in memory usage,
    • reduced loading times,
    • balancing,
  • editor improvements, including a future Steam workshop.

Read full article...
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Re: H7 1.4 and Beyond

Unread postby Panda Tar » 05 Nov 2015, 14:15

Patch 1.4 has just been released.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

saugeen123
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby saugeen123 » 05 Nov 2015, 17:05

Patch 1.4 was downloaded to my computer and applied to H7. The game has not worked at all. All the saved games have disappeared. I have tried to get into a campaign or a single player but I always get a "not responding" I've tried rebooting ran a virus scan. My husband has heroes 7 and is not having any problems. I hope that somebody can offer a possible solution

gomaki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gomaki » 05 Nov 2015, 17:19

Hi saugeen123 this is a really odd issue! However we can try a few things. First and foremost can we check to make sure your save files are still actually there. You can do this by following this path on your computer.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames

Click into the folders and you're looking for .save files. If there are files still there, then your saves haven't disappeared. That would be a great first step.

You could also try doing the Verify files in either Uplay or Steam, this does actually work for Heroes 7 and isn't just some pretend thing we say for tech support, perhaps this will kick start your files and there was just some odd error.
Outside of that You could start the game, try to load a campaign, get the 'Not Responding' Error message. Close the game and then send me your game log 'Launch.txt' file which you can find here.

C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Might & Magic Heroes VII\MMH7Game\Logs (there will probs be a lot of them just send me the latest one.

And you can send that to my personal email singleton@limbic-entertainment.de and I will try to further investigate the issue for you.
Apologies you've experienced this. It's a very odd one indeed.
Dan

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 06 Nov 2015, 13:54

Hotfix 1.4.1 released.
[Fixed] An issue with AI not saving difficulty settings on Skirmish and Scenario Maps.
1.5 GBs for that? Gee. :|
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 07 Nov 2015, 06:14

^ So how big is the game now, after 4 patches - like 105 GBs? :jester:

:D

prichindel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby prichindel » 07 Nov 2015, 10:09

parcaleste wrote:^ So how big is the game now, after 4 patches - like 105 GBs? :jester:

:D
of course it overwrites most of the files.

I'm hoping that the developers will release with an eventual expansion, a stand-alone complete edition :D

Alfalken
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alfalken » 07 Nov 2015, 16:25

Was wondering what's this huge 1.5 GB download is about, when I thought I just patched it to 1.4 a few days ago. And it's still going... :ill:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 07 Nov 2015, 16:40

Asha patches all.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 08 Nov 2015, 08:29

:lolu: Please stop. :rofl:

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 08 Nov 2015, 09:34

I don't get it. Do you just install the latest patch, and only have to download 1.5gb in one shot, or are you supposed to install patch after patch, and each new huge patch overwrites the earlier patch?

Knowing how badly they have done their programming, I can imagine that by patch 1.99, you have to install 50 patches one after another, with the latest overwriting everything else. Stuff like this is a big turnoff for buyers.

saugeen123
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby saugeen123 » 08 Nov 2015, 14:25

I've had nothing but problems with H7 since patch 1.4 was installed. Has anyone else had problems?

Erwinner
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Erwinner » 08 Nov 2015, 16:37

saugeen123 wrote:I've had nothing but problems with H7 since patch 1.4 was installed. Has anyone else had problems?
none at all, because I had the foresight to not buy it lol

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 09 Nov 2015, 02:34

saugeen123 wrote:I've had nothing but problems with H7 since patch 1.4 was installed. Has anyone else had problems?
Some people have it not loading at all, but others play it quite ok. It's like that.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 09 Nov 2015, 12:00

Erwinner wrote:
none at all, because I had the foresight to not buy it lol

and me, I wanna buy it, but not before it's patched to perfection. Probably that won't happen before 1.99 at the current rate we're going. I don't remember Heroes V 1.4 being a total disaster on most computers. So I'm just hanging around here now, laughing at our beta testers as they struggle with Patch 1.4.

Only fools will buy Ubisoft products at 1.0. 1.0 means a new beta for them.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 09 Nov 2015, 13:34

cjlee wrote:I don't remember Heroes V 1.4 being a total disaster on most computers.
That's because you probably don't remember "monthly patching" with Heroes 5 - when each patch was planned to be released ca. 1 month after previous one.
Game had premiere at 17.V.2006 (after it was post-poned from earlier date - something what didn't happened with Heroes 7) - first patch was soon enough (6.VI), second nearly 1,5 month after first (21.VII), third nearly 2 months later (13.IX) and fourth the same (9.XI). So you had fourth patch 6 months after game release, while it was planned to have 1 patch each month.

Meanwhile Heroes 7 was released 29.IX (with patch 1.1) and fourth patch was added 5.XI - a month a few days after patch 1.1. While Heroes 7 is still not playable for many players, it has better fix ratio than Heroes 5 (including how many bugs patches has fixed) and overall you can see game beta version progress, while Heroes 5 needed second expansion to be what it is today.

However this dosen't mean that Heroes 7 is in better shape than Heroes 5 - but you should remember, how much time has passed between each patches during Heores 5 development and during Heroes 7 development.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 09 Nov 2015, 17:40

Avonu, you probably have a better idea than me... as you guessed, I started playing H5 only some time after it came out. I think I started at 1.4, and despite the earlier bad reviews H5 1.4 was very playable. I do not recall any game breaking bugs although I could not get past Zehir's third mission (where Isabel has hundreds of paladins that charge out of her castle and kill everyone in no time at all.) That mission wasn't quite a bug, but it was memorable because I read the walkthroughs and decided it was so ridiculous because Nival made it without playing it themselves.)

It took a later patch before I was able to beat the entire H5 campaign.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 09 Nov 2015, 21:44

cjlee wrote:I don't get it. Do you just install the latest patch, and only have to download 1.5gb in one shot, or are you supposed to install patch after patch, and each new huge patch overwrites the earlier patch?

Knowing how badly they have done their programming, I can imagine that by patch 1.99, you have to install 50 patches one after another, with the latest overwriting everything else. Stuff like this is a big turnoff for buyers.
No, it just updates your game with the latest versions of the files you need. It's not like you have to install one patch after the other. Having said that, when I initially bought the game (downloadable version) it didn't run nor did it run with the first patch. After the second patch I had no problems whatsoever and it runs pretty smoothly. I don't find the bugs to be very distracting, most of them I consider minor. The only thing that bugs me in the current state of the game is the weak AI.

However, this one game has disappointed me most and I will probably not buy another game in the series if Ubisoft does not understand that I don't want to play the same game with better graphics. The game is ok. The battles are nice, units are good and gameplay-wise it's a fine game if it is the first Heroes game that you have ever played. But if you have played other games in the series, particularly H5 and H3, H7 has nothing to offer you. Nothing is new. Nothing. There is 0 innovation. No new factions, no new game logic, no new structures, no new systems... nothing. H6 had many problems from the get go, but with it Black Hole tried their best to create something that ventures into new territories, take risks, introduce new things. Not everything worked out as intended and some things probably looked better on paper, but the game was enjoyable for what it was. It was a true sequel, not a reworked old title.

I don't know if taking no risks and not doing new things was something Ubisoft requested or it was Limbic trying to "stay true" to the series. The outcome however is a game which offers nothing new to keep old players interested. It took me a few days to realise that the game was becoming boring.

Please, if anyone from Limbic or Ubisoft reads this, try to bring something new next time. Maybe an expansion pack will differentiate this game enough, although I don't really believe that.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 11 Nov 2015, 03:22

[NOVEMBER 10TH] IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

With patch 1.4.1 some people have experienced increasingly long map load times. We have today identified the issue and will fix it automatically with in our next support patch. For now however you can resolve the issue yourself by going into the options menu and setting the 'Shader Quality' to 'High' and you will get
the faster loading times again.

Thanks for all the reports and logs sent to us to help find the issue, and apologies you experienced it in the first place.
For those who didn't read this yet.

ttague2005
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ttague2005 » 12 Nov 2015, 16:48

I am somewhat surprised that the Heroes growth perks STILL do not work. You can buy a hero specifically for growth of a given creature and it simply does not register in the town.

Return to “News”